THL: RATAS Edition ~ Feedback

Slamma

MsiZrbR.png

As with all big events, we want to hear from you to help us shape the next event and gauge how (or if) we should do another THL.

Feel free to use the below are some questions as a template of what to answer or feel free to freestyle your feedback.

Thanks again for participating!

Did you enjoy this season?

How did you feel about the individual no-stacking rule?

Outside of making the community goal more challenging, would you have liked to see anything different with the awards?

Does 1 month still feel like a good length for an event like THL?

Would you like to participate in another THL? Would you prefer standard THL rules or no-stacking rules?

What do you think RATAS stood for?

Is there anything else you would like to see changed?

Any final questions or comments?

artworks-000170674962-zw1tfz-t500x500.jp

Kinda mixed on it. On one hand, it does kinda kill some of the "anything goes" nature of THL and with how few trophies a lot of the worst offenders have, I'm not sure it really did that much to curb scores (probably the most notable thing is cutting off those Break games). On the other hand, it does mean that I have some leftovers to use for another THL from cross-buy games, so that's neat.

Outside of making the community goal more challenging, would you have liked to see anything different with the awards?

If I'm being honest, I didn't really process the awards much this THL. My team did go out of our way to follow the rules for the second award (even if one of our members went and scored barely anything, disqualifying us, grumble grumble), but aside from that, it felt kinda passive more than anything. Probably to do with the fact that two of our members didn't play much and between me and our other high-scoring member, we both pretty much had different strategies for whoring out this THL, so there wasn't much space for overlap to worry about. Also doesn't help that I didn't have much I was looking forward to this October in terms of game releases and out of what I was interested in, one of them was a niche game that I don't believe anyone else on the team cared about and the other two were right at the end of the month anyway.

I think 1 month is still a good length for THL. It's long enough that there's some space to get done quite a lot while still being short enough to not become an absolute slog.

Would you like to participate in another THL? Would you prefer standard THL rules or no-stacking rules?

Definitely yes. After my spam experiment this THL, I'm definitely looking forward to maybe going competitive next time, especially since there's a treasure trove of EZPZ I haven't touched yet as well as some stuff from this THL that I either couldn't get to in time or simply just had leftover from the no-stack rule preventing me from abusing cross-buy stuff.

As far as the ruleset, I prefer normal THL rules.

RATAlaika Stacks

Not much I can really think of.

Fresh Account THL when so I can have access to all the VNs I did over the years again? :drool:

• Like 1

Yes!

I don't play games that have stacks, so it didn't affect me. Also I'm still not entirely certain what stacks are. 

Ed - I had an idea: don't invalidate teams from the award, make it so if you earn the same trophies you need to earn a certain about of non-stacked ones to offset it. Like evil multinational corporations do to pretend they care about the environment.

Maybe a team or individual award for those with the lowest average trophy rarity across their earned trophies. I appreciate that I'm saying this as one person with 200-odd trophies earned, rather than the several thousand that would probably definitely really destroy Slamma's computer.

I guess. I could go longer, personally.

Yes. I'm not really going to compete at the very top end, stacking or no-stacking, so it doesn't really affect me.

I'm sticking with my original suggestion: Urban Dictionary: rat-arsed

I think disallowing team-mates from playing the same games for an award was a bit annoying. Again, as someone who's going to earn a couple of hundred trophies at most from non-ezpz it's not the biggest issue for me, but I think there's scope for rewarding games which have an online component for example. No bonus points for two people playing the same Breakthrough abominations, maybe something if a team all platinum Borderlands together or something.

I ask this as someone who posts on another board that went through the same software change, but why are the user titles underneath all your information rather than under your username, and why is it apparently so complicated to fix (I was told this by the other site's admin, I'm quite ready to call him a lazy dick if you contradict what he told me)

Edited by stpatty
  • Like 1

spacer.png

It was nice to encourage others to follow our lead and not earn trophies.

Opposite awards to represent those with different goals.

I would say so. Any more than that and there would've been a risk of my team earning more trophies.

Sure would. There's always a new mountain to climb hole to dig. I'm indifferent to such changes.

Really Avoid Trophies And Succeed.

Nah.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Yes.

Didn't affect me as I (and my entire team) definitely approached this event uber casually.

Nah.

Yes.

Yes, I would like to participate in a future THL. Dunno about rules. It might be fun to actually try to be hardcore competitive, but then inevitably these site events tend to happen when I'm busy with RL stuff.

To be honest, I didn't really give it any thought.

Not unless I plan to play hardcore. The rules in general are irrelevant when you're casual.

Nothing leaps to mind.

• Like 1

Yes.

I'm in between about the no-stacking rule. In a way, I like it because it makes you pick your games more strategically, instead of just spamming the same game over and over. At the same time, it kind of goes against the whole "earn as many trophies as possible" thing.

I wasn't a fan of the second award, how you couldn't play the same game between different members. It felt like it was against the spirit of THL and earn as many trophies as possible, as you had to be careful not to play the same game as one of your teammates. There really wasn't a reason to do more than the bare minimum unless you were really competing, as the more games you play, the more you risk playing the same game as another teammate.

1 month is fine. I feel that all events shouldn't take more than one month.

I have no preference.

I don't know.

Not really. I would have like to see more competitive awards.

No.

• Like 1

Yes, it was great! Thanks once more for putting it together :applause:

In all honesty, it didn't affect me or my team as we were going for the casual approach. Seeing how close the final standings were, it probably made the top teams think a bit more tactically. I understand why some purists hate it, though. Overall, I don't have any strong feelings for or against it. 

Not particularly. I thought the goals were fine as they were. 

A month is the perfect balance of being just long enough, but not too long as to cause mental stress! I was actually somewhat happy to see it end when it did as I was quite tired from my spamming of some less than desirable games. 

You bet your ass I would! This was my first THL and I don't want it to be the last. 

Basically what I mentioned above. I don't have strong feelings for or against the no-stacking.

I tried to think of something creative but I'm too lazy today. Ratalaika.. something.. something. 

Not really, no.

"We may not have come first, but we didn't finish last. That is the sweetest victory of all".

Socrates - 401 BC

• Like 1

Did you enjoy this season?

Yes.

How did you feel about the individual no-stacking rule?

Not a fan honestly, but it ended up on keeping me from playing 1 game, so I didn't get affected as much. 

Not a fan of "unique completions". Felt bland. Community Awards in the past that have been more unique in terms of goals or requirements, which made it more fun. 

I think it is fine. Burnout will likely occur with 2 months. 

Would you like to participate in another THL? Would you prefer standard THL rules or no-stacking rules?

Standard rules. No-stacking just feels limiting to the spirit of THL.

Probably something very silly.  Or "Ratalaika and the Arcade Stacks"

Is there anything else you would like to see changed?

Definitely more heads up next time... almost missed the event!

I liked going back to 4 people on a team!

Edited by HaoleDave

•  

SimilarDiscreteJavalina-size_restricted.

Didn't really affect me too much as I didn't buy any new games and just cleaned-up some backlog. Also, team coordination made it simple to avoid.

Nothing, all good here. 

Either I am getting older, jaded from trophy hunting or had too much going on (or all of the above), felt burnout pretty quickly. One month seems sufficient.

Would compete again casually and have no preference on the rules.

Rules Against Team Auto Stacks

Nope. :) 

Nope. :) One final comment though: a large applause to the EDs. I bet this is a lot of hard work behind the scenes with little gratitude seen in return. Great job!

Edited by rotoninja

Yes.

No stacks was an excellent idea. I hate stacking anyway, if you want to play the game again - use another account, stacking is purely paying for trophies to boost a profile. To go for number one in THL it's going to cost you hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros, if you didn't buy games in the sale, you're talking easily over a thousand. The no-stacks kept that cost down by a bit. Imagine paying £10 again for a Sakura game you've already played, just to complete it again in 5 minutes without doing anything, once was too many! I can't imagine there being two teams who could afford to be competitive at the top and really make it a competition of who has the most money spent, which wouldn't make things interesting. No-stacks leveled the field a little.

To be honest, I was very disappointed with the awards this season and they were kind of non-existent for me.  To answer the question - Take a look at THL 9, we had more creative awards, a theme, something along those lines is what I would have liked to see. 

The games completed as a community was obviously a really low target. no need to expand on feedback there.

The second Team-Based award seemed really out of place for a THL and kind of discourages competition at the top. As an idea, no stacking between team mates as a rule for a THL is a great idea, it'll help level out the cost of money paid for games, increase teamwork, being an award felt like there were two events going on, each one taking away from each other.

For the rules we had of not stacking, yes. There certainly needs to be some restrictions in the rules again for it to be only a month for the next event like this or even more. By then we may be swamped by the amount of visual novels only taking a minute to complete and it'll really be a case of who can afford the most of them.

Yes and 100% no-stacking rules, no-stacking between team mates to be an official rule as well next time too.

Retirement Announced Ta-ra Ageless Slamma

The rules to include limitations so it doesn't encourage wins of whoever buys the most visual novels, because those people will have the most trophies per time.

Thank you for the event and all the work put into it, I did enjoy it.
I hope that this kick-starts events on this site again! ;)

THL not being held in the Summer was appreciated. The spare hour or two between work, or  on my days off in the Autumn can be spent gaming, in the Summer I want to be outside enjoying the weather.
I still like the idea of an early notice when a THL is going to happen. If anyone knew when it was going to happen it gives an advantage of being able to book time off work, or an advantage to those who by luck has time off work. An earlier heads up means everyone knows.

Did you enjoy this season?   Very much so.

I thought it was fine and a way to even the playing field a bit.  It is very tiring having to play the same game over and over just to be competitive.

I always appreciate the variety of awards that are offered.  I think the ED's do a good job of giving everyone the opportunity to win.

Yes, the two-month THLs were so exhausting.  1 month max lol  If anything I think a shotgun THL would be cool.  Like run one for a week max.  Would be interesting.

I'll continue to participate as long as y'all do them and my friends are still around.  I prefer the no-stack rules.

I have no idea.  I assumed it was some play on Ratalaika but I'm probably wrong.

Nope. I think the way you all choose to run events is great.

Thanks for another fun event. Just keep em coming!

Did you enjoy this season?

Yes I did enjoy the event.

I can’t say I have a preference one way or the other as I’m never going to be going big with numbers and i generally don’t stack games outside of events so the rule didn’t impact my gaming habits.

I like that there are varying challenges for those who aren’t going to win the overall event still to have a chance at some awards.

Absolutely as I’d imagine if it went longer then the participants not going for the win would lose interest so you’d end up with only a few teams really still taking part.

Yes I’d take part in another THL and I have no preference either way regarding stacking. However it would be interesting to see just how many trophies people could rack up in a month if stacks were allowed given the volume of ezpz these days.

Still not sure. I tried to think of something funny to say but I’m tired so you all miss out unfortunately.

Nothing off the top of my head.

Thanks for the fun event ED’s

Answering these just for fun.

Did you enjoy this season?

From the sidelines, yeh it was ok.

Well given how the scores would have doubled or trebled with stacks, it was good to see the teams manage that issue between them, but a trophy event where outscoring others is the only objective, to limit that was a bit odd.

Nah, variety is a good thing.

Yeh, when I did the last THL, I had had enough at the end of the month. Any longer and the burn would last for a good while I reckon.

I may jump on board next time, I just didnt fancy it this time around.

What do you think RATAS stood for?

Restrict All Trophies And Stacks

Is there anything else you would like to see changed?

Er, nah only what I mentioned above.

Good job as always team with the planning, sorting and running of events. 👍

Yes.

Great Idea. It was the First Time participating in a THL and i went all out, as you can guess. The Limit Rule was Fun to sort out wich Game to play next, and don't Spam Brainless Dead Zombie Mode 8x Sakura Succubs in 5 Minutes Total lolz.

Dunno. Something More Halloween Theme Thing like a Spiderweb Stride String with earning 4 diffrent Types of Trophies in a Row or someething?

Yes.

Anti-Stacking Rule.

Really Anyoing Type Anagrams Shit.

No.

Remember my Words: " Don't make my show my Full Power hidden in my Right Tennis Arm"

Yes, I did. I just wish I could participate more but having the event in October meant I couldn't do as much as I wanted to. I think for a future THL, it would be better to have the event in the summer when more people are off work or school though!

I liked it. I think if stacks were allowed, some teams would blow away the rest in the standings, so disallowing stacks meant that things could be kept closer.

I can't think of anything at this moment. :p But I will say that while I liked the team no-stack challenge and having to coordinate with their team, I don't think it's a good one to have during a THL of all things. In an event where people are expected to earn as many trophies as possible, it's not really feasible to have one person be allowed to play a game and their teammates aren't. I would remove that one from a future THL but have the rule in place maybe for a different site event of some type?

1 month was perfect. It's not too long so that people would get burnt out, but it's also not too short. :) 

I will always continue to participate in future THLs, regardless of what the rules are. If I had to choose regarding stacks, I would say I'd prefer removing the team no-stacks but keeping the individual no-stacks (ie let anyone on each team play whatever they want regardless of their partners, but no stacks on your own profile).

I was under the assumption that it was the abbreviation RATA's, which was simply shorthand for Ratalaika's. THL: Ratalaika's Edition :p  Since we all knew it was going to be a battle of EZPZ's!

I was thinking of something actually! I was wondering if maybe a future THL would base your points on a score based system instead of total numbers. But not just based on denominations like (P)(G)(S)(B) , more like basing points of rarity instead? At least people could get rewarded for playing regular games instead of just EZPZ spam.

I think because of the sheer amount of EZPZ out there, many people did not feel like competing very hard because they knew they wouldn't stand a chance with all the EZPZ games out there.

And we could see that from the final standings, out of all the teams, only 2 were competitive (I guess 3 if you include @AshtimusPrime trying to get the worst totals :rofl: ). I have a feeling that all future THLs will end up with similar results unless things change, and who knows? Maybe changing the scoring system could be a spark the site needs to get better participation and better competition? :think: 

Thank you to all the staff that made this THL possible, it was a long time coming but it was great having THL back! I also want to thank @Slamma and @Velvet for consistently posting updates throughout the event! I enjoyed reading everything you both posted throughout the event! :applause: 

Edited by Jerry Appleby
format error

• 3 weeks later...

Totally missed this as the last few weeks have been hectic! The highly unexpected ending has kinda ruined some of my points but I'll try and be as honest and constructive as possible :p

Not in the slightest. Except for the ending, that was highly amusing. Had major FOMO and there was hardly any discussion in the thread, hardly felt like THL was even on :(.

Terrible, as you probably know from my other posts :D. The whole idea of THL is earn as many trophies as possible within a preset time frame. Once you start introducing exceptions and inhibiting people, it's not really THL anymore. It's fine to introduce a no stacking event, just don't call it THL. It's as pure an event as you can have, just 'earn trophies and away you go' so keep it that way imo.

As this season showed, it's still about who can spend the most money (or who has access to certain sites/accounts). It's impossible to avoid that no matter how you try and sanitise it. It means that THL won't be for some people but that's fine, there's lots of other types of events that might be more to their liking.

Maybe in old THLs the non-stacking rule might have made a difference when VNs were the meta or in the days of the early Rata games when there wasn't as wide a selection of EZPZ. But now there's easily 200+ INDIVIDUAL ~15 minute games you can finish in a month rather than around 50 games with 4 stacks each.

Honestly, what's the difference between spending £10 each on Sakura Succubus 1, 2 and 3 once or spending £30 on Sakura Succubus 1 three times? Very little when there are literally hundreds of other games to 'replace' the stacks of SS1 you're ineligible to play.

I really don't want to rag on you guys as you do a great job that's often thankless. The fact that the third award was so misjudged links back to my point in the previous question that there is SO MUCH easy 15 minute stuff that people in THL didn't have to squabble with pool cues to fight over who could get to submit Inksplosion first as there was a thousand other options. You guys are usually nigh-on perfect with setting goals that go to the wire so you're allowed a passone rare misstep here!

Second award I hated for similar reasons above...you've already hampered people enough in THL by not letting them play stacks, and now you limit them even more. People in my team couldn't even play AAA games they wanted to, nevermind EZPZ, because they didn't want to step on toes. That's just not THL, sorry. More like Trophy Avoiders League, which Ash might be a fan of but no one else :p

I think quirkier stuff is the way to go for THL awards, like the 90 trophies from 90s games was absolutely brilliant last time. Stuff like volume or completions is a bit redundant when people are compiling those en masse anyway.

I honestly miss the two-month versions, but I know I'm going to be in the minority there. I think THL should be a test of mental strength and willpower as much as physical/playing prowess. Anyone can burn through a bunch of easy games for a few weeks and have a blast with popping trophies like kids and Smarties, but can they last 6, 7, 8 weeks and push through? THL should be the ultimate test, it is our most important event after all.

Going to go into this further below, but I reckon a month regular season and playoffs would be a nice balance.

Of course, you know I can't keep away unless I'm forced to like this time :p. As for the second part, I've been subtle about my thoughts so I'll leave you to decide ;)

ROFL At The Anti-Staxxers

Three things and I'll try not to waffle too much.

1. I think there should be more than a couple of weeks notice. Not only to give people more time to prepare or form teams, but to perhaps gauge how many people can participate seriously. We had a vote for how many people we'd like in teams, so why not a vote for which month (or at least rough time of year) people would want?

2. Bring back playoffs! I really think there needs to be a strategy element brought back into it rather than just a straight blitz which can dissuade almost everyone else and kill thread/competition activity instantly. THL 9 was over in two days when we obliterated everyone and we were just playing for individual goals for the rest of the month, and this THL was over a week before it started when a certain team signed up this THL was extremely one-sided until a few days before the end when one team absolutely, royally fucked it.

How much more fun and involved would the competition be if you knew that at least four teams would be going on for a shootout after the regular season? Would certain team members burn through their stuff to go for MVP (whether for an award or personal pride) or would they hold back for the playoffs, but risk falling out of the top 4? Better than saving stuff for 'future events and THLs' anyway :rolleyes:

An even more fun idea which I suggested years and years ago, is a rolling weekly elimination tournament that could last two months, where each week the team with the fewest trophies gets knocked out, and the counter gets reset to 0 for everyone else. Obviously if there's 20 teams we can't go on for 20 weeks so two or three could go a week until two are left for a winner-takes-all shootout over a week. THL: Last Team Standing.

Either way, it'll be fun to have SOMETHING other than just a straight blast which everyone loses interest in because they're either too far ahead or too far behind. This season was exaggerated because the two other awards could be earned in about an hour so the rest of the month was basically futile except for two teams.

3. Another option is to split THL into two categories, but you have to sign up for one or the other before you start: THL Pro and THL Casual. Looking at this event, it's pretty pathetic that only two teams out of 17 even bothered, and one of those two only did so for the last week.

You're never going to get every team playing seriously and spending loads of money, so a 'plate' competition for those not so inclined could be cool. But if you sign up for the Pro category and lose, you don't get any awards even if you get more trophies than the winning Casual team. You'd maybe have to have something in place to stop an obviously Pro team signing up for the Casual category (an award that's not as fancy looking or just don't refer to Casual winners as the overall winners of THL), but it could be a good way to increase competition for those who aren't going to blow loads of money or say goodbye to their lives for a month and more importanly, get more discussion/rivalries and a community 'feel' going on in the THL threads.

Thank you for running these events, for all the planning and machinations behind the scenes. No one knows or appreciates how much goes into it. Just want to reiterate that despite how I (often) come across, I do it to try and improve things and it comes from an honest place, not just to complain!

On 11/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, Darth_Krid said:

Totally missed this as the last few weeks have been hectic! The highly unexpected ending has kinda ruined some of my points but I'll try and be as honest and constructive as possible :p

Not in the slightest. Except for the ending, that was highly amusing. Had major FOMO and there was hardly any discussion in the thread, hardly felt like THL was even on :(.

Terrible, as you probably know from my other posts :D. The whole idea of THL is earn as many trophies as possible within a preset time frame. Once you start introducing exceptions and inhibiting people, it's not really THL anymore. It's fine to introduce a no stacking event, just don't call it THL. It's as pure an event as you can have, just 'earn trophies and away you go' so keep it that way imo.

As this season showed, it's still about who can spend the most money (or who has access to certain sites/accounts). It's impossible to avoid that no matter how you try and sanitise it. It means that THL won't be for some people but that's fine, there's lots of other types of events that might be more to their liking.

Maybe in old THLs the non-stacking rule might have made a difference when VNs were the meta or in the days of the early Rata games when there wasn't as wide a selection of EZPZ. But now there's easily 200+ INDIVIDUAL ~15 minute games you can finish in a month rather than around 50 games with 4 stacks each.

Honestly, what's the difference between spending £10 each on Sakura Succubus 1, 2 and 3 once or spending £30 on Sakura Succubus 1 three times? Very little when there are literally hundreds of other games to 'replace' the stacks of SS1 you're ineligible to play.

I really don't want to rag on you guys as you do a great job that's often thankless. The fact that the third award was so misjudged links back to my point in the previous question that there is SO MUCH easy 15 minute stuff that people in THL didn't have to squabble with pool cues to fight over who could get to submit Inksplosion first as there was a thousand other options. You guys are usually nigh-on perfect with setting goals that go to the wire so you're allowed a passone rare misstep here!

Second award I hated for similar reasons above...you've already hampered people enough in THL by not letting them play stacks, and now you limit them even more. People in my team couldn't even play AAA games they wanted to, nevermind EZPZ, because they didn't want to step on toes. That's just not THL, sorry. More like Trophy Avoiders League, which Ash might be a fan of but no one else :p

I think quirkier stuff is the way to go for THL awards, like the 90 trophies from 90s games was absolutely brilliant last time. Stuff like volume or completions is a bit redundant when people are compiling those en masse anyway.

I honestly miss the two-month versions, but I know I'm going to be in the minority there. I think THL should be a test of mental strength and willpower as much as physical/playing prowess. Anyone can burn through a bunch of easy games for a few weeks and have a blast with popping trophies like kids and Smarties, but can they last 6, 7, 8 weeks and push through? THL should be the ultimate test, it is our most important event after all.

Going to go into this further below, but I reckon a month regular season and playoffs would be a nice balance.

Of course, you know I can't keep away unless I'm forced to like this time :p. As for the second part, I've been subtle about my thoughts so I'll leave you to decide ;)

Three things and I'll try not to waffle too much.

1. I think there should be more than a couple of weeks notice. Not only to give people more time to prepare or form teams, but to perhaps gauge how many people can participate seriously. We had a vote for how many people we'd like in teams, so why not a vote for which month (or at least rough time of year) people would want?

2. Bring back playoffs! I really think there needs to be a strategy element brought back into it rather than just a straight blitz which can dissuade almost everyone else and kill thread/competition activity instantly. THL 9 was over in two days when we obliterated everyone and we were just playing for individual goals for the rest of the month, and this THL was over a week before it started when a certain team signed up this THL was extremely one-sided until a few days before the end when one team absolutely, royally fucked it.

How much more fun and involved would the competition be if you knew that at least four teams would be going on for a shootout after the regular season? Would certain team members burn through their stuff to go for MVP (whether for an award or personal pride) or would they hold back for the playoffs, but risk falling out of the top 4? Better than saving stuff for 'future events and THLs' anyway :rolleyes:

An even more fun idea which I suggested years and years ago, is a rolling weekly elimination tournament that could last two months, where each week the team with the fewest trophies gets knocked out, and the counter gets reset to 0 for everyone else. Obviously if there's 20 teams we can't go on for 20 weeks so two or three could go a week until two are left for a winner-takes-all shootout over a week. THL: Last Team Standing.

Either way, it'll be fun to have SOMETHING other than just a straight blast which everyone loses interest in because they're either too far ahead or too far behind. This season was exaggerated because the two other awards could be earned in about an hour so the rest of the month was basically futile except for two teams.

3. Another option is to split THL into two categories, but you have to sign up for one or the other before you start: THL Pro and THL Casual. Looking at this event, it's pretty pathetic that only two teams out of 17 even bothered, and one of those two only did so for the last week.

You're never going to get every team playing seriously and spending loads of money, so a 'plate' competition for those not so inclined could be cool. But if you sign up for the Pro category and lose, you don't get any awards even if you get more trophies than the winning Casual team. You'd maybe have to have something in place to stop an obviously Pro team signing up for the Casual category (an award that's not as fancy looking or just don't refer to Casual winners as the overall winners of THL), but it could be a good way to increase competition for those who aren't going to blow loads of money or say goodbye to their lives for a month and more importanly, get more discussion/rivalries and a community 'feel' going on in the THL threads.

Thank you for running these events, for all the planning and machinations behind the scenes. No one knows or appreciates how much goes into it. Just want to reiterate that despite how I (often) come across, I do it to try and improve things and it comes from an honest place, not just to complain!

I dread to think of the financial implications of going for number one with no stacks etc. Especially if it was a two month competition!

I do like the suggestion of a team being knocked out each week, that'll probably increase the team aspect of it too. In the earlier rounds if someone can't earn enough trophies their team mates can step up.

Glad you agree about the advanced warning for such competitions.

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 11:58 AM, Slamma said:

RATAlaika Stacks

Urban Dictionary: rat-arsed

"Ratalaika and the Arcade Stacks"

Really Anyoing Type Anagrams Shit

THL: Ratalaika's Edition

34 minutes ago, sum1_worsethan_u said:

Did we ever find out what RATAS stood for?

It was none of the answers above.

Originally, this wasn't supposed to have THL in the name. RATAS was a boboddy situation, decided to use RATAS and came up with words for each letter...

Race: Acquire Trophies (Anti-Stacking). Which would be read more like Race to Acquire Trophies but Anti-Stacking. But then it was decided to just call it a THL and so became THL: RATAS.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Slamma said:

RATAlaika Stacks

Urban Dictionary: rat-arsed

"Ratalaika and the Arcade Stacks"

Really Anyoing Type Anagrams Shit

THL: Ratalaika's Edition

It was none of the answers above.

Originally, this wasn't supposed to have THL in the name. RATAS was a boboddy situation, decided to use RATAS and came up with words for each letter...

Race: Acquire Trophies (Anti-Stacking). Which would be read more like Race to Acquire Trophies but Anti-Stacking. But then it was decided to just call it a THL and so became THL: RATAS.

Biggest let down since the Game of Thrones finalé.

• Haha 2

Okay, take your pick for alternate name:

Recording a Trophy Achieving System

Really Are They Actually Spamming

Regions Aren't Taking A Second

Ribbons Are The Awards, Suckas

Rigged Always To Award Staff

Reserve A Time Applaud Slamma

Resurrected a THL, Appreciate Shit