PlayStation Remote randomly turns PS5 on 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

James1989

I’ve had the PlayStation Remote Control for the PS5 for a few months now and I had no problems at first, but then one day my PS5 randomly turned on by itself. Didn’t think much of it but then it happened again and again! I’ve been having this issue for a while now and looked on the internet after I realised what was actually happening and found others were having the same issue but couldn’t find a permanent solution for it.

Does anyone else have this problem and have managed to fix it? I would’ve thought Sony would’ve brought out an update to fix it but every update doesn’t seem to make any difference so I’m not sure if they know how to fix it or whether they’re even aware of it 🤷‍♂️

On 10/21/2021 at 2:29 AM, Meikoro said:

Do you know if the Remote Control alos can Update its Firmware itself like the DualSense?

It sounds like a late FW Update on the Console cause this Problem.

It allways help to get in Contact with Sony with Problems. They as you say may not even know this :D

I don’t think so. The DualSense controllers have to be connected to the PS5 through the cable to update but there’s no way to do the same with the media remote 😐

I’d seen on the internet than it apparently happens when the batteries are running low so I thought I’d buy some new batteries which I actually got today. With the previous batteries, at first I could turn the PS5 on with the remote but lately that hadn’t worked and I had began to think after seeing on the internet about the batteries being low that maybe that is the cause. After replacing the old batteries with new Duracell Optimum batteries, I can now turn the PS5 on with the remote. The jury is still out however as to whether this fixes the whole PS5 randomly turning itself on problem 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

12 hours ago, Meikoro said:

Keep Us Updating if this fix the Problem. I had my Batteries on my Remote COntrol for TV since 2018 and it works. I only had to change once a Control from a TV from 2013 :D

Sonys PS5 Remote seems verry Energy Hungry.

Unfortunately I’m away for a few days but once I’m back, I’ll be able to see if it has fixed the problem and then I can update you 👍🏻

1 hour ago, GAZDAN said:

Same thing happened to mine, it’s the batteries. Change them and it will stop turning it on randomly. Not sure who at Sony thought that the remote turning on the console when the batteries are low was a good idea 🤷‍♂️ 

I thought the same. You'd think the lower the battery life, the less chance of the console turning on by itself 🤣

On 10/24/2021 at 1:10 PM, Meikoro said:

Keep Us Updating if this fix the Problem. I had my Batteries on my Remote COntrol for TV since 2018 and it works. I only had to change once a Control from a TV from 2013 :D

Sonys PS5 Remote seems verry Energy Hungry.

So far, there seems to be no problem anymore. PS5 hasn’t randomly turned on since fitting new batteries 😇 I guess when the batteries are low maybe, it warns you by constantly turning the PS5 on 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

• Thanks 1