• 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

qh2g7UB.png
and
9uNRreI.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the platinum.
  6. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  7. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the platinum.
  8. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 2 months later...

I would say 5/10 maybe 4/10 if you are decent. 

The bulk of the game is pretty simple but some of the later time trials to get the unleashed times can be a nightmare. Definitely takes a little skill. 

Also the grind for the coins and gears is a slog. Unless you use the racing season (battle pass) exploit.. Which will probably be patched eventually. 

• 8 months later...

Difficulty: 3

Time: 31 Hours

The only thing that some people will find difficult are the time attacks, because some of the times are fairly tight. If you're not used to driving games then obviously these will seem really difficult, but compared to other racing games they really aren't. I only found a couple of them to be a little tricky and out of all 32 time attacks I only had to try a handful of them multiple times. If you're seasoned at racers then these will be cakewalk for the most part, for other people it will push the difficulty rating up a few points.

Time wise I clocked in at 31 hours, and that was whilst I was writing the trophy guide at the same time, so not bad overall. There is an inflated grind for coins and gears, but it isn't the worst grind ever so it's just a matter of seeing it through. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have to agree the difficulty is around 3/10. Everything can be done on easy and this makes the races very easy.

The time trials are harder. If you stick to the track, a lot also depends on what car you use. The rocket car worked out best for me, as it had more boost. This was very important to maintain speed.

But you don’t have to stick to the track, in fact most tracks have huge shortcuts that make the time trials a lot easier. Some of these shortcuts are hard to notice, so look them up on YouTube if you have problems with some of them.

It took me a lot of time to get this platinum. 41 hours in total. The campaign is finished before 20 hours, but then you have to grind for coins and gears. The best way to grind this is online with a friend. Play 20 second races.

You used to earn 50 coins each race and 100 coins each mp race. The latest update changed all this, now it is 525 and 725 coins for mp. But for me this update came at the end of my grind. It did reduced some of the time, but I think you can finish this now under 30 hours.

This game is atm a PS plus free game, so I now also have the PS4 version and I will post the time I make on that version with the latest update. I would have never touched the PS4 version otherwise, the grind was massive and very annoying before the update.

11 minutes ago, tommeke007 said:

I would have never touched the PS4 version otherwise, the grind was massive and very annoying before the update.

It's possibly even quicker now if you've already platted the game once, as coins and gears are supposed to transfer over. I started the PS4 version recently and I began the game with 8,500 gears and 58,000 coins. Some people have had varying degrees of success with this, with some people noting they received fewer coins and gears upon starting the game, whilst other people mentioned they didn't get anything. It's also meant to work both ways: from PS4 to PS5 and vice versa, but it's only coins and gears that transfer over. No other trophies will auto-pop. However, it's strange because I didn't have 8,500 gears or 58,000 coins in my inventory on the PS5 version. I had far, far fewer than that, so I don't know how it's actually meant to work. 

If you start the PS4 version could you let me know your experience with this? It would be a big help. I need to re-do parts of the guide since the latest update changed the payouts, and I would like to mention about the potential auto-popping of the gears and coins trophies. 

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

It's possibly even quicker now if you've already platted the game once, as coins and gears are supposed to transfer over. I started the PS4 version recently and I began the game with 8,500 gears and 58,000 coins. Some people have had varying degrees of success with this, with some people noting they received fewer coins and gears upon starting the game, whilst other people mentioned they didn't get anything. It's also meant to work both ways: from PS4 to PS5 and vice versa, but it's only coins and gears that transfer over. No other trophies will auto-pop. However, it's strange because I didn't have 8,500 gears or 58,000 coins in my inventory on the PS5 version. I had far, far fewer than that, so I don't know how it's actually meant to work. 

If you start the PS4 version could you let me know your experience with this? It would be a big help. I need to re-do parts of the guide since the latest update changed the payouts, and I would like to mention about the potential auto-popping of the gears and coins trophies. 

Hey, started it earlier today. I went from PS5 to PS4 version.

Unfortunately nothing was transferred, I started with 0 coins and 0 gears. I also had to do the tutorial again.

Not sure why it didn’t happen to me as I was online all the time and I even have a PS5 save in the cloud.

I also have a friend on this game and he would mention such a thing, so I am fairly sure he also started out with 0 coins and no gear. But to be sure I will ask him when I see him.

Not gonna lie, I m a little jealous 😀 Oh well, at least the grind won’t be as bad.

19 minutes ago, tommeke007 said:

Hey, started it earlier today. I went from PS5 to PS4 version.

Unfortunately nothing was transferred, I started with 0 coins and 0 gears. I also had to do the tutorial again.

Not sure why it didn’t happen to me as I was online all the time and I even have a PS5 save in the cloud.

I also have a friend on this game and he would mention such a thing, so I am fairly sure he also started out with 0 coins and no gear. But to be sure I will ask him when I see him.

Not gonna lie, I m a little jealous 😀 Oh well, at least the grind won’t be as bad.

I also went from the PS5 - PS4 version. Had a save in the cloud, played online etc. I booted up the PS4 version, opened my first free blind box and won the tutorial race. Afterwards popped the trophies for having 2,500 gears and 50,000 coins. It's odd how some people are having luck and others aren't. I'm going to chalk it up to Milestone making a balls of it.

Not sure why they made it so that only gears and coins transfer in the first place, instead of just making the entire trophy list auto-pop. They already put in the extra work to make it work both ways between versions. An auto-pop list would have made more sense. At least you'll still be saving a few hours with the new update.

Edited by The Alchemist
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 12:57 AM, The Alchemist said:

I also went from the PS5 - PS4 version. Had a save in the cloud, played online etc. I booted up the PS4 version, opened my first free blind box and won the tutorial race. Afterwards popped the trophies for having 2,500 gears and 50,000 coins. It's odd how some people are having luck and others aren't. I'm going to chalk it up to Milestone making a balls of it.

Not sure why they made it so that only gears and coins transfer in the first place, instead of just making the entire trophy list auto-pop. They already put in the extra work to make it work both ways between versions. An auto-pop list would have made more sense. At least you'll still be saving a few hours with the new update.

So I reached out to my friend and just like me he started out with 0 coins and no gears.

He was also coming from the ps5 version to PS4. 

• Like 1

I got the PS4 version plat now and I done that one under 25 hours. Off course this is with boosting ( an extra 3 hours after the campaign) online wins and with prior knowledge of the game.

I think most first time players with the latest update will have a completion time of 25 - 30 hours (base game).

2 hours ago, tommeke007 said:

I got the PS4 version plat now and I done that one under 25 hours. Off course this is with boosting ( an extra 3 hours after the campaign) online wins and with prior knowledge of the game.

I think most first time players with the latest update will have a completion time of 25 - 30 hours (base game).

It took me 8 hours according to the tracker on my PS5, but there's a few caveats to that figure. Firstly I started the game with about 58,000 coins and 8,500 gears, which combined saved me around 12 hours of grinding by my calculations, give or take. Plus the experience from having already platted the game and knowing what to do etc. probably saved another couple of hours. So that would push me up to just over 20 hours, which is about right. I've asked for the guide to be changed to reflect the latest changes and asked for the time estimate to be changed to 20-30 hours, which is what most people should fall within.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Difficulty: 6/10 (ocassional racing gamer)

Most of the game could be a 4/10 except that I found impossible to beat 3 time attacks without using shortcuts. One of them I found myself. The other 2 i had to look up on yt (the thin line between getting the plat and not getting it).

Also I played it right after platting Team Sonic Racing so I had to adjust to the game physics which is a bit different.

Good game! Not my favourite but I enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Gave this a very reasonable 4.

The time trials are the hardest part of this game, but nearly every track has a shortcut to help you out. Just google the track name and add shortcut onto the end to find videos for em on YouTube. The grind for coins is about 2 to 3 hours so it's not too bad, doing this pre patch must have taken over a hundred hours. If your just starting this use the Hot Wheels Twin Mill 2021 vehicle Hot Wheels x Mobil 1. It's an absolute beast and can make the difference on the harder time trials. I really enjoyed this title, such a shame the DLC trophies are so boring though. Peace.