Destiny 2 Forsaken Story to get vaulted with "Witch Queen" launch

GannerRhysode

Hey guys, as Bungie reported, The Forsaken will be taken offline and get into the Content Vault by 22nd February 2022, with the upcoming Witch Queen Content.

https://www.polygon.com/22715040/destiny-2-forsaken-witch-queen-campaign-tangled-shore-remove-content

The question that I currently have: Are Forsaken trophies like Seal the Deal and Fashion Statement even still achievable? Like at the moment? Maybe someone can help me out with the knowledge Thank you!

Edited by Gage

The only things that are being removed are specifically the story missions for Forsaken and the Tangled Shore as a location. The only trophy that will be directly affected by this is the one for finishing the Forsaken story, which they will almost certainly update to be for something else like they did with the main game trophies. Everything else is currently and still will be achievable (though hopefully they also update the other trophies while they're at it to have more general requirements). 

Edited by Gage

• Gage changed the title to Destiny 2 Forsaken Story to get vaulted with "Witch Queen" launch
  • 2 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 10:40 AM, Gage said:

The only things that are being removed are specifically the story missions for Forsaken and the Tangled Shore as a location. The only trophy that will be directly affected by this is the one for finishing the Forsaken story, which they will almost certainly update to be for something else like they did with the main game trophies. Everything else is currently and still will be achievable (though hopefully they also update the other trophies while they're at it to have more general requirements). 

Hey, I've been out of the Destiny 2 loop since release, essentially, but do you think that I should try and do the Forsaken trophies right now if I haven't played the game since shortly after launch? Or do you think the requirements will be easier after the removal of Forsaken?

Also, if I do the Forsaken trophies on PS5, I could just boot up the PS4 version and have those trophies autopop for the PS4 list right? Or is it only PS4 > PS5?

4 hours ago, Major Agnostic said:

Hey, I've been out of the Destiny 2 loop since release, essentially, but do you think that I should try and do the Forsaken trophies right now if I haven't played the game since shortly after launch? Or do you think the requirements will be easier after the removal of Forsaken?

Also, if I do the Forsaken trophies on PS5, I could just boot up the PS4 version and have those trophies autopop for the PS4 list right? Or is it only PS4 > PS5?

Forsaken story is the only one to really worry about the requirement being changed for, so you could do that now if you wanted. The story missions to get the trophy should only take a few hours total. The rest will likely be unchanged or made easier (like if they fix the Triumph Seal trophy to pop off more recent seals and not just the ones you can still do from Forsaken launch). 

Trophies/achievements autopop on all systems with cross-save, so you could finish everything on PS5 then load up the PS4 version and it would pop everything that you had earned. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, Gage said:

Forsaken story is the only one to really worry about the requirement being changed for, so you could do that now if you wanted. The story missions to get the trophy should only take a few hours total. The rest will likely be unchanged or made easier (like if they fix the Triumph Seal trophy to pop off more recent seals and not just the ones you can still do from Forsaken launch). 

Trophies/achievements autopop on all systems with cross-save, so you could finish everything on PS5 then load up the PS4 version and it would pop everything that you had earned. 

Hey sorry to bother you again, but I just completed the Forsaken story and have yet to obtain the trophy for completing Nothing To Say. What's up with that? Do I need to buy the Forsaken pack or something?

Edited by Major Agnostic

20 minutes ago, Major Agnostic said:

Hey sorry to bother you again, but I just completed the Forsaken story and have yet to obtain the trophy for completing Nothing To Say. What's up with that? Do I need to buy the Forsaken pack or something?

I was worried that might be a thing. You probably do need to buy that pack (assuming they set it up properly). From what I remember you needed to buy Forsaken to earn the Gambit trophy even though you could play Gambit without owning Forsaken, so you assuming they didn't break it you probably have to own the Forsaken pack to earn the story trophy currently. 

13 hours ago, Gage said:

I was worried that might be a thing. You probably do need to buy that pack (assuming they set it up properly). From what I remember you needed to buy Forsaken to earn the Gambit trophy even though you could play Gambit without owning Forsaken, so you assuming they didn't break it you probably have to own the Forsaken pack to earn the story trophy currently. 

I see, so if I buy the DLC the trophies will pop as soon as I load up? Or do I have to trigger them somehow? Also wondering if I could just wait until Feb 22 and they might pop without buying the pack, although I guess that's just speculation lol.

4 hours ago, Major Agnostic said:

I see, so if I buy the DLC the trophies will pop as soon as I load up? Or do I have to trigger them somehow? Also wondering if I could just wait until Feb 22 and they might pop without buying the pack, although I guess that's just speculation lol.

Assuming they set it up properly it should just pop when you load it up, because it checks the requirements you've already done when you launch the game. If you waited until Feb it might not because you might need to do whatever the new requirement is. 

Edited by Gage

1 hour ago, Gage said:

Again assuming they set it up properly it should just pop when you load it up, because it checks the requirements you've already done when you launch the game. If you waited until Feb it might not because you might need to do whatever the new requirement is. 

I see, I was wondering if they had some sort of optional trigger where either the old requirement (perhaps no longer in the trophy description) or the new one can trigger the trophy, similar to Mass Effect 3. Thanks for the responses.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 6:04 PM, Gage said:

Assuming they set it up properly it should just pop when you load it up, because it checks the requirements you've already done when you launch the game. If you waited until Feb it might not because you might need to do whatever the new requirement is. 

Hey sorry to quote you again, I just purchased the Forsaken pack and the story trophies haven't popped. Entering the Dreaming City popped that one. Do you know what could trigger the story trophies?

3 hours ago, Major Agnostic said:

Hey sorry to quote you again, I just purchased the Forsaken pack and the story trophies haven't popped. Entering the Dreaming City popped that one. Do you know what could trigger the story trophies?

Trophies for completed requirements should pop when you start the game and are in orbit with any character. I can't find any information on other sites about it other than the same thing you have where it didn't pop if you did it before buying the Forsaken Pack. If it's not popping on it's own you might have to redo the story on another character to have it unlock. 

On 1/31/2022 at 2:17 AM, Gage said:

Trophies for completed requirements should pop when you start the game and are in orbit with any character. I can't find any information on other sites about it other than the same thing you have where it didn't pop if you did it before buying the Forsaken Pack. If it's not popping on it's own you might have to redo the story on another character to have it unlock. 

Yeah I had to redo the story with a different character and the story trophy unlocked. Hopefully they change the requirements for the grindy trophies for the better on the 22nd.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/10/2017 at 1:02 AM, olsen77 said:

954.jpg Nothing Left to Say (S) (H)

Pursue Uldren and the Fanatic to the Watchtower, and finish what you started.

Story related and this will unlock at the beginning of the mission "Nothing Left to Say".

Hey just wanted to mention that this trophy has been replaced following the vaulting of Forsaken. The description now reads: "Complete the 'Shattered Throne' dungeon."
Edit: Also, I just noticed that the Forsaken Pack is still listed in the PSN store, so you likely still require it to earn the trophies, despite the DLC having been vaulted lol...

Edited by Major Agnostic

1 hour ago, Major Agnostic said:

Hey just wanted to mention that this trophy has been replaced following the vaulting of Forsaken. The description now reads: "Complete the 'Shattered Throne' dungeon."
Edit: Also, I just noticed that the Forsaken Pack is still listed in the PSN store, so you likely still require it to earn the trophies, despite the DLC having been vaulted lol...

Oof, another trophy made more difficult. I mean, it's not difficult really, but you'll likely need a friend so it requires more effort than before!

On 2/23/2022 at 5:16 AM, AshtimusPrime said:

Oof, another trophy made more difficult. I mean, it's not difficult really, but you'll likely need a friend so it requires more effort than before!

What's annoying is that I can't go for the rest of these trophies without buying the overpriced Forsaken Pack (I got a refund after getting a few trophies), which now has barely any content. I was hoping that Bungie'd be decent enough to make this free after vaulting, but I guess they're just trash now. I haven't tested the trophies since vaulting, but I don't have any quick trophies I can do to test without having the pack. If someone could try unlocking a trophy without the pack, I'd be grateful, although it seems doubtful it'd work. Oh well.