• 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

qh2g7UB.png
and
9uNRreI.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the platinum.
  6. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  7. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the platinum.
  8. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 4:10 PM, csboi1337 said:

Platinum is easy there was nothing I found difficult. The time to platinum is actually extended because you can only take on one insurgency per week. So technically you need to wait almost 3 weeks to get the platinum after beating the game. 

If you kill yourself after you kill the insurgent  leader (don't capture the base), you'll respawn nearby so are free to kill the leader again. You can get the three kills fairly quickly unless you want to wait 3 weeks.

Edited by sum1_worsethan_u
typo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Voted a 3, Stay Cool was the most difficult, took me 5 tries, and I swear I didn't go above 40% on my 4th attempt.

Anyway..  I love the Far Cry games, been playing every one of them since the first one.

78 hrs 42 min.  and that's with only going after achievements/trophies and using air drop/fast travel as often as I could.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 2, there are loads of videos around each special operation so completing them should be no issue, I couldn't get the glitch to work for killing 3 insurgent leaders so had to wait an extra 2 weeks for the platinum to pop but I think it might have been because I wasn't off line at the time 🤷‍♂️

Took less than 40 hours but the insurgent leaders only took around an hour to complete each week with spec ops, checkpoints, anti aircraft guns etc.

I like Far Cry games and enjoyed this one but preferred 5!

• 4 weeks later...

3/10. Nothing is really difficult minus maybe the Special Ops, the Stay Cool trophy can be a bit of a pain because in between shaded areas, if you don't raise a bar, it'll likely raise right away the next time you step in the sun, so it's not like if you made it from shade to shade without a new bar raising it rewards you for doing so, you're going to get bars regardless. It's like each bar has it's own percentage meter to it, that percentage never goes back to 0 when in the shade, it's just waiting to raise again when you hit the sun...so you HAVE to know which route to take to get enough water sources to cool it down before it hits 5 bars, and it only heats up that much quicker on the Mastery levels. 

Time for me says I played 109 Hours...there's absolutely no way that's true, another game being counted for the time I spent in the pause menus. Now, I also don't agree with the people voting getting the Plat within 35 hours. There's way too much to do, and the island is massive, I find it VERY hard to believe people got the Plat that unbelievably quick. Even if you're a fast traveler or doing air drops a lot you have to get to these places and clear them out to unlock them first, so there's a lot of time spent driving from place to place first. So I voted 51-75 hours, maybe you can do it a LITTLE faster than 51 hours, but not by much. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3/10 seems about right. Nothing difficult with the main game plus you can play on Story mode, and the Spec Ops trophies on the main list are pretty easy since you can do them on standard difficulty. I would say the most pain I had with a trophy was getting poisoned enemies to kill each other because they're useless and most of the time they die before they even can shoot someone, but still it's not that bad just need a few tries.

The Special Operations on Mastery 3 (DLC trophies) requires a good loadout but overall they're not too bad as they all have safe spots when you need to defeat the waves of enemies at the end, and with the La Varita weapon and the Triador Supremo, they're pretty easy. I'd say a 4/10.

The Villains DLCs are also pretty easy, just need to upgrade a pistol and an LMG with piercing ammo and it'll be a breeze. In the Vaas one you need to save money to upgrade all weapons so you can't really spend money on health upgrades, but in the Pagan Min one you can spend your money and buy all the health upgrades which makes it even easier. I assume the Joseph DLC will be similar so I'd say they're a 4/10 in difficulty. Don't forget to put on story mode though.

Time for platinum is difficult to judge from my experience as I did almost everything I could do and lots of stuff were not required for the platinum, also I spent a lot of time on Spec Ops so I can't really comment on that. I'm currently at ~80 hours played si I'll just vote for 36-50 hours as I don't feel like it's longer than 50 hours without DLCs.

• 3 months later...

I earned the platinum tonight and now consider myself to be a “true yaran” after having the patience to wait a full 2 weeks for the “oh no you don’t” trophy. That trophy was ridiculous. It involved having to kill 3 insurgency leaders. However, insurgency challenges only spawn once per week after completing the main story. You can do the first challenge straight after finishing the story but then you must wait another week for the second and then another week again for the third (the challenges spawn every Monday evening). Initially there were a few workarounds to get the trophy quickly but they have all been patched thus you have to do it legit now.

In terms of difficulty the story was 3/10 with players even having the option to play on easy. I would rate the platinum as 4/10 as the special operations are harder and there were a few irritating trophies such as “toxic influence”. That involved having to poison enemies and have them kill 5 other enemies. I found the best place to get that trophy was during supply drop missions as you would normally find at least 3 enemies grouped together giving you the opportunity to spray them all with poison. The special operations trophy for saving 30 hostages seemed unnecessary as you could only save 3 per mission which meant having to repeat it 10 times. 

The toughest trophy was probably completing a special operation without allowing the temperature gauge to go above 50%. I done that on the Maceo map but it took multiple runs to nail it. You really do need to make sure you stick to the shade as much as possible and remember to use all water sources on the way back to the pick up point. You should also equip the parkour outfit set for extra stamina and a specific supremo weapon for an extra speed boost if need be. 

There is one coop trophy for completing an enemy base with another player. It’s best to complete all the bases solo first to avoid glitching the liberty trophy. It’s easy enough to get a friend to invite you to clear an insurgency base post game. Big shout out to Far Cry veteran Sum1_worsethan_u for helping me get that trophy.

Overall, I did prefer this game to Far Cry 5 as there is now an option to change your load out during missions. Furthermore, story missions are no longer forced upon you when you reach a certain amount of EXP. My one criticism was that the game was a bit too long. It took me 66 hrs to platinum. It could be done a bit quicker if specifically focusing on trophies and using a guide but it is still likely to take your average player a good 50 hrs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Difficulty 3

Estimated time 35h

Nothing really difficult as you can do everything on the easiest difficulty. If you go for dlcs though, especially if playing solo, this is a 4 or 5 I would say...

Timewise takes about 35h, maybe 40-45h if you take your time.

Tipps:

If you go for platinum on PS5 and PS4: Remember to always upload your save to the cloud everytime you almost finish a big trophy requirement (i.e. before the final missions of each faction, when missing just ONE collectible of any sort, FND bases, roosters, etc.)

• 1 month later...

Went with a 3/10, nothing too crazy.  Typical enjoyable Far Cry game, been a big fan of the series since Far Cry 2.  Co-op was alot of fun but the vast majority of everything is doable solo.

I didn't check my time stamp before I deleted the game, but I can't imagine it took more then 75 hours of gameplay so I went with the 51-75 hour option, which seems about average for a Far Cry (P)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I only played the base game and rated it for difficulty 3/10.

Once I got my hands on the shotgun supercharger it became very easy. 

The hardest trophy for me was clearing a base in stealth unseen. I went for this trophy very early in the game, and that’s a mistake imo. Later in the game you will find better weapons for a stealth approach. It wasn’t crazy hard, just enemies would sometimes act weird (like seeing through a wall or hearing you kill with a knife from the other side of the base). It took me a few tries.

My time on this game was 35 hours on ps5 and 12 hours on ps4. If you go for just one version of the game, I think it s totally possible to stay under 50 hours. For insurgency leaders I did had to wait 1 week.

The trophies don’t auto pop. Most just require one more action on the other version of the game. But be careful for story related trophies and collectibles. Make some extra saves.

I feel like I m outnumbered with this opinion, but I liked this game and the story. I actually think the actor who played the president, did a great job. It didn’t think it was a boring game, sure it got a little repetitive near the end, but it wasn’t a big grind. One of the better far cry games imo

• 11 months later...

The platinum is about 2-3/10 

Nothing really hard, your character does get pretty over powered even if you put the difficulty to a harder setting. You can get away with sticking to one gun and you will be all good throughout the entire game, just whatever you comfortable with. 

The DLC can be a bit of a slog, all end up being the same thing but with a different make over and theme and require you to play through them multiple times to get more resources or play on a harder difficulty.  

The special operations were pretty cool the first time round and was a change up in pace, but after a while it too becomes a slog as you have to play each mission about 4 times each if you want the trophies. 

Main game i would say was about 50hours and with DLC about another 30.