LBP Online Server Shutdown [Platinum Unobtainable]

Slamma

The online servers have shut down (see notice below), rendering the platinum unobtainable for any new players and for anyone who has not earned the following:

Party Person

Socialite

Traveller

FIRST!

Opinionated

Neighbourhood Watch

Networking

Talkative

Publisher

Look what I made!

Crowd Pleaser

Feel the love

Celebrity

Create

• 5 months later...

A group is creating a fan server called Project Lighthouse.

Are trophies restricted to servers?

Would it be eligible to reach the goal of an online trophy, like getting the "Networking" trophy(Hearting three authors), hack the trophy in, and have a srceenshot/video for proof?

Or would this have problems with Sony banning, and being taken off the leader boards?

I heard mixed POVs from people, some said you get banned, other said you don't, and I saw threads about taking a screepcap and hacking the trophy in on a thread from 2018 on PSNprofiles (I totally didn't get that site and this confused...)

Edited by Kirbirth

6 hours ago, Kirbirth said:

A group is creating a fan server called Project Lighthouse.

Are trophies restricted to servers?

Would it be eligible to reach the goal of an online trophy, like getting the "Networking" trophy(Hearting three authors), hack the trophy in, and have a srceenshot/video for proof?

Or would this have problems with Sony banning, and being taken off the leader boards?

I heard mixed POVs from people, some said you get banned, other said you don't, and I saw threads about taking a screepcap and hacking the trophy in on a thread from 2018 on PSNprofiles (I totally didn't get that site and this confused...)

Fan servers are generally closed source, which means instant removal from the leaderboards on PSNP if you're caught using one of them but open source ones are fine, plus several recent ones have disabled the ability to earn trophies so using them is completely pointless. Sony doesn't give a shit about fan servers and turns a blind eye to them so they don't care what you get up to.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

17 hours ago, Terminator said:

Fan servers are generally closed source, which means instant removal from the leaderboards on PSNP if you're caught using one of them but open source ones are fine, plus several recent ones have disabled the ability to earn trophies so using them is completely pointless. Sony doesn't give a shit about fan servers and turns a blind eye to them so they don't care what you get up to.

As far as I'm aware, Project Lighthouse seems to be open source (would that be open servers for public?)

Also, I never knew there was private servers people played LBP on, I guess it doesn't matter all that much since they must have a super small selection of players.

Good to hear though that they don't care about fan servers, as long as they don't ban people all because they played on non-Sony server.

I guess if Lighthouse disables trophies, the Plat would remain unobtainable which sucks.

Well, unless hacking in the trophy, and taking a picture of the filled requirements count.

But that still would require approval and modding the trophy rather than earning it.

But here's hoping they allow trophies.

4 hours ago, Kirbirth said:

As far as I'm aware, Project Lighthouse seems to be open source (would that be open servers for public?)

Also, I never knew there was private servers people played LBP on, I guess it doesn't matter all that much since they must have a super small selection of players.

Good to hear though that they don't care about fan servers, as long as they don't ban people all because they played on non-Sony server.

I guess if Lighthouse disables trophies, the Plat would remain unobtainable which sucks.

Well, unless hacking in the trophy, and taking a picture of the filled requirements count.

But that still would require approval and modding the trophy rather than earning it.

But here's hoping they allow trophies.

"Open Source" means anyone can view the code and use it however they see fit. "Closed Source" means only the creator has access to the code and can edit it. Here's what PSNP has to say about custom servers:

Information About Custom Servers

All online game servers go offline eventually and this will often lead to trophies no longer being obtainable. Sometimes people have found ways to play the game online again and make those unobtainable trophies obtainable once again. If this is done using external tools, like custom servers, this can potentially be problematic. This thread is about making sure you're not confused about what custom servers you can use, and can earn those trophies without worrying about being flagged for it.

Important Factors

• Don't modify in-game or server environment. Trophies must be earned in the same manner as when the official servers were online.
  • Available for everyone. Anyone can potentially setup the server themselves if they have a computer and decent computer knowledge.

List of Approved Software

Contact me (MMDE) via status update or private message on the forum for information you have regarding software you feel should be added to the approved list.

The following lists what software is approved to use at the moment:

Use at Your Own Risk

We are in no way associated with any of the listed projects and won't in any way take any responsibility for what happens when you use them. If the trophies aren't earned the same manner as when the official servers were online, you may get flagged for it. Custom servers may get removed in the future and no longer be deemed okay to use if they implement a lot of tools that makes it easy to cheat.

You will not get flagged on this website so long as you adhere to the details above, however beware of Sony's terms of service for PSN which shows that Sony could remove your account if they detect you using software like this. In short, do this at your own risk!

From the PlayStation Network terms of service:

You must also adhere to the following rules of conduct when using PSN Services or your Account:  

• You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with PSN Services, or take or use any data from PSN Services to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware.
  • You may not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of any game title, or content.
  • You may not attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment used in connection with PSN Services.
  • You may not cause disruption to or modify or damage any Account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to or provided by PSN Services for any reason, including for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in a game. 
  • You may not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in PSN Services or any of its products or services to obtain an unfair advantage. 
  • PSN Services and content or services provided through PSN Services may contain security or technical features that will prevent use of content or services in violation of this agreement, and you will not circumvent these features without a legal right to do so.

11 hours ago, Terminator said:

"Open Source" means anyone can view the code and use it however they see fit. "Closed Source" means only the creator has access to the code and can edit it. Here's what PSNP has to say about custom servers:

Whoops, my bad, not sure why people would make servers open source...

The thread was a tad confusing to read, hence why I sounded confused when talking about it earlier in the thread.

Man I'm dumb.

Also, Modnation Racers has fan servers? SWEET

I hope people could make fan servers for LBP Karting someday...

(Actually looking at the rewritten project, they claim it might work, I should boot up LBPK on an emulator and test it)

It makes me wonder how many fan servers there really are...

Edited by Kirbirth
Added another line of text regarding to LBPK online working from the Modnation fan server