• 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

qh2g7UB.png
and
9uNRreI.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the platinum.
  6. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  7. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the platinum.
  8. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't voted yet But I have been playing from the day 1 and my PST app shows I have Played for 67h.

There is some downtime to that, sitting in the lobby and such but easily over 60h playtime. 

I just say it straight that this is a 10/10 in difficulty if you are doing it solo and solo I mean grinding loot and exp alone and playing intense and above difficulties with strangers. Especially when the second patch increased the overall difficulty by making Xenos dodge more and buffed Elites. Also the fact that friendly fire is deadlier every time you pump up the difficulty and your ammo and healing are nerfed, this is really hard game on higher difficulties. 

I have 50% of the trophies at the moment and I have been grinding solo and playing with 1 friend and we are still 2 missions away from beating the game on Intense. 

I didn't start with any strats just played the game for fun and I think that if you do the same and don't start optimally grind everything, this is going to be 100+h platinum. 

• 4 weeks later...

I platinumed this twice on PS4 and PS5 since cross-save doesn't exist for this game, and because completing all 12 missions solo on Extreme and Insane is impossible, I believe platinum difficulty is 10/10. The difficulty spike from Intense to Extreme is huge, but the jump from Extreme to Insane isn't very noticeable.

Other than some real b.s. enemy spawns from behind, the biggest challenge I had with this game was finding a dedicated team of good players that I could connect with regularly. I've been a part of multiple teams but due to time differences, lack of content/burnout with the game, people kept dropping out - making the process even more tedious than it should be.

The META for most levels on high difficulties is Gunner/Technician/Recon with Pump Shotguns, Vulnerability Drones & Cryo Grids, while using Ammo Hoarder or Human Tanks and holding chokepoints. Once you've you've played each level a few times, you know what's coming and from where; It's just a matter of communicating effectively, collaborating on a strategy, not accidentally shooting each other, and avoiding Spitters.

Early in the game's life there was a glitch allowing up to 5 person teams, but it was quickly patched. IMO, if the Devs opened up the game to normally allow 4 or 5 person teams, that would make the game much more fun and more classes would be viable on higher difficulties.

Edited by NotZach02
  • Like 1

I agree with above as well. It is impossible to get the platinum solo with bots, so 10/10. With a team of 3 friends doing insane runs I think its 9/10, all 3 have to be dam good at the game, know the map and enemy spawns inside out and have a solid plan of attack with excellent communication between your friends. I cheated to get the insane trophy by using the 5 person exploit, made insane more like a 5/10, really sucks they patched it. Even with all that I have two glitched trophies so platinum is currently unobtainable for me and is the same for a few others. I am just waiting for the fix update and I will have platinum. Overall trying to get this platinum has been tedious and frustrating, no fun at all, would be a different story if things worked the way they should.

*I actually did extreme and half of insane with just the 4 person exploit, with 4 people its bumps the difficulty up to 7/10, but doesn't really matter now that its been patched.

I voted 10 difficulty and 100+ hours.  I completed all trophies except the intel and 30 weapons.  I’ve fulfilled the requirements for both, but they are both bugged due to a previous patch.  Cold Iron states that they are aware of these bugs and a fix is on the way.  For those wondering, a work around is available for both trophies but I figure I’ll wait for the patch and use the work around as a last resort.

I completed extreme and insane difficulties and they are both difficult, but doable for a dedicated group.  Each mission requires a specific setup and proper use of consumables.  

Good luck to all going for this platinum.  Stay with it and you will get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 9/10 and around 100 hrs to complete. I've completed every trophy in this game including the emotes trophy and the guns trophy though they never popped for me since they're bugged. Extreme and Insane modes are NO JOKE, but are definitely do-able with a competent, focused, determined, communicative squad and very healthy supply of Human Tanks cards (for Insane only - many of the levels on Extreme we did without any cards at all and even when we used cards it was only Extraordinary Weaponry or Ammo Hoarder). However, it should also be noted that the difficulty for this game is also a little artificially inflated due to bad AI, bad RNG, poor game design and some truly atrocious spawns.

• 3 months later...

Voted 8/10 and 100+ hours.

Extreme and Insane difficulty are tough nuts to crack and you do need to know your way through a level, where to force swarms through bottlnecks and when to save abilities for drones, warrriors,... But it is doable when playing as part of a team that knows how to communicate and has some tolerance for frustration. The latter is definitely needed when the game decides not to work properly (e.g. have a swarm's last enemy stuck above the ceiling), things can go south and force you to restart a mission quickly. It can't be stressed enough though - beating the higher difficulties as a dedicated team is incredibly rewarding!

Since you need to level up almost every class and every weapon for trophies as well as kill certain amounts of various enemies you'll sink some playtime into the game even without failed runs on Extreme/Insane. At the end of 2021 I had invested 117 hours into the game, with a few more in January 2022 for platinum.