THL: RATAS Edition - Discussion

Velvet

On 9/27/2021 at 2:40 AM, Slamma said:

As a team you can only earn unique trophies through the event (no stacks between team members)”

Ah man, this sucks! I know people in our team were really excited for new releases like Alan Wake Remastered, while they wouldn't count for the event in terms of to the score we'd now be ruled out from an award if two of us played it on release 😪

Edit: oh they would now count to the score? I swear I saw something about no stacks across the team last time I checked!

Edited by Xander45

11 minutes ago, Xander45 said:

Ah man, this sucks! I know people in our team were really excited for new releases like Alan Wake Remastered, while they wouldn't count for the event in terms of to the score we'd now be ruled out from an award if two of us played it on release 😪

Edit: oh they would now count to the score? I swear I saw something about no stacks across the team last time I checked!

You did. No stacks across the team for the 2nd award.

27 minutes ago, Slamma said:

You did. No stacks across the team for the 2nd award.

I saw that, that was what I was posting about, meaning that preorder can't be touched till Nov now or I muck up the team getting it :(

I meant I thought I'd seen that in the OG rules only one team members completion of a game would count to the cumulative score if others completed it and rule out all other possible stacks of it counting.

5 minutes ago, Xander45 said:

I saw that, that was what I was posting about, meaning that preorder can't be touched till Nov now or I muck up the team getting it :(

I meant I thought I'd seen that in the OG rules only one team members completion of a game would count to the cumulative score if others completed it and rule out all other possible stacks of it counting.

You saw things you weren't supposed to see when that was written. Purposely put that for those trying to get a head start :classic_wink:

2 minutes ago, Velvet said:

You saw things you weren't supposed to see when that was written. Purposely put that for those trying to get a head start :classic_wink:

Ah got you. Glad I'm not going completely mad!

But back to my thing, I guess there's no chance of exceptions to new releases? We've also got Back 4 Blood and Far Cry 6 coming in October, big coop games that only 1 could play.

But if that's the point... then I either try and somehow suppress the FOMO, or ask forgiveness from my team mates when I slip!

6 minutes ago, Xander45 said:

But back to my thing, I guess there's no chance of exceptions to new releases? We've also got Back 4 Blood and Far Cry 6 coming in October, big coop games that only 1 could play.

But if that's the point... then I either try and somehow suppress the FOMO, or ask forgiveness from my team mates when I slip!

CommonBabyishAustralianfreshwatercrocodi

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Xander45 said:

Sounds like you guys need to come up with a creative method to work out who gets to play which new release game...

I'm in for my 10th THL! Got to keep the streak alive! I was previously 1 of 14 who have played all 9, but I think a lot aren't returning this year 😢

And just like THL9, I barely missed the cutoff, so the team name "The Leftovers" still pretty much fits! Also have some great team mates, so I'm looking forward to having fun with them!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xander45 said:

Imagine running an event to earn as many trophies as possible while coming up with as many ways as possible to stop people earning trophies 😂

Also run in the busiest month for game  releases!

#notmyTHL

10 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Imagine running an event to earn as many trophies as possible while coming up with as many ways as possible to stop people earning trophies 😂

Also run in the busiest month for game  releases!

#notmyTHL

m9kI4jO.gif

Lots of complaints here from someone who's earned 4000 trophies in a month before. You running scared of all the casuals already?

27 minutes ago, stpatty said:

Lots of complaints here from someone who's earned 4000 trophies in a month before. You running scared of all the casuals already?

Not running scared, already said I'm not really available this month so don't have any skin in the game.

It's a good idea for an event...but it's not THL and indeed seems against its entire ethos. Should be called something else.

• Like 1

• Slamma changed the title to THL: RATAS Edition - Discussion