THL: RATAS Edition - Discussion

Velvet

23 minutes ago, russelguppy said:

I think you might have just got it...you have either won by 200+ or potentially missed out by 96 depending on updates and some spurious Maths on our part.

At least that is our best guess...

Will be interesting to see how far out we are with that....

Yeah I have honestly no idea but it will be pretty close, way closer than the last THL despite this one being the most uncompetitive THL ever :p 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Well you’ve mugged me right off but why wait until the final week and being about 6000 trophies behind to push? 🙈

Could have been a way to lull them into a false sense of security I suppose. That was (almost?) @Noid levels of ball dropping!

We never came into this with the intention of winning it, as simple as that really. For around half of the league we were going for the non-stack award even.

1 hour ago, Darth_Krid said:

Well you’ve mugged me right off but why wait until the final week and being about 6000 trophies behind to push? 🙈

Could have been a way to lull them into a false sense of security I suppose. That was (almost?) @Noid levels of ball dropping!

Pretty much this. There were several days where I went light because it seemed like no one else was really interested. 

But that's a me problem more than a them problem. I guess we'll see what the final results are. 

Thanks to my team, all the other teams, the site for the event, and last of all, Krid for cheering me on!

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 3:02 PM, Walt the Dog said:

Gonna jump in on the Starting Stats

Screenshot_20210930-150018_Firefox.jpg

Will be interesting to see how much I can get this month going through the licensed game backlog that I built up over the years and have wanted to burn through for as many years.

Time for the end stats (+7 trophies because I finished off Dynamic Chord shortly after THL ended :p)

Screenshot_20211101-091821_Firefox.jpg

No @Slamma, I didn't do the wagers.

Also, look at innocent ol' me from a month ago thinking this event would be different and that I would actually do my licensed game backlog in an event like I said I wanted to do for once. :rofl:

To be fair, I at least did do Rango as well as two of the Vita Lego games that were on my account, which is more than I can say for basically every other event where I wanted to do my licensed game backlog. I then bought Ben 10: Cosmic Destruction at one point on a trip to my local game store, so I am at a net zero loss of licensed games. :pout:

Edited by Walt the Dog

39 minutes ago, Barra333 said:

You got this Slamma!

spacer.png

Not so far lol

It's errored out twice so far. I'm on a work conference call and my Teams session keeps telling me my internet connection is shit. So I'm not sure if there is actually an issue or if my internet is fuckin with me lol

3 hours ago, TheRealClayman said:

Pretty much this. There were several days where I went light because it seemed like no one else was really interested. 

But that's a me problem more than a them problem. I guess we'll see what the final results are. 

Thanks to my team, all the other teams, the site for the event, and last of all, Krid for cheering me on!

Haha it's a cliche but you really can't take your foot off the pedal throughout the whole month as you never know. People laugh because it's only playing video games (and easy ones at that), but THL is more of a test of mental strength than anything else, for the hardcore competitors at least.

Was saying earlier, I'd absolutely laugh my head off if Who Needs Platinums...? lose by fewer than 100 trophies all because Meikoro left them on the table just in case he accidentally popped a milestone trophy that wasn't an underage tentacle humper 🤣🤣

Would be a beautifully ironic team name I guess :rofl:

Edited by Darth_Krid
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Was saying earlier, I'd absolutely laugh my head off if Trophy Alchemists lose by fewer than 100 trophies all because Meikoro left them on the table just in case he accidentally popped a milestone trophy that wasn't an underage tentacle humper 🤣🤣

I can't even imagine how much carrying I would have to do to lose by a mere 100 trophies... :francis:

Hugs to Bink, Xander, and Honda as we casually slid across the line for the team award :hug:

All four of us appear to have gotten 100 trophies in without any duplications, so we should hopefully be good to go for the team award. I decided to emphasize my utter casualness by doing the bare minimum for this event, getting exactly 100 trophies for the month as well as completing exactly 2 unique games for the community award.

8 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Before THL:

tpAH98a.jpg

After THL:

YpQXnfz.jpg

Thanks to the staff for putting this together :applause: It was a lot of fun. It was my very first THL and I hope it won't be the last!

And thanks to my teammates @jvaferreira @stpatty @iLion who all did a cracking job throughout the month. Well done lads 👍

6 minutes ago, iLion said:

Thanks to my teammates @The Alchemist, @stpattyand @jvaferreira. Considering we all were casual players I’d say we ended up doing pretty well, not that I was a big contributor.

Thanks to the ED’s also for running the event, already looking forward to the next one.

I quite literally couldn't have done it without you boys.

I enjoyed it. It was nice (most of the time) to try and blast through games faster than usual. I wanted to at least set a new personal record for most trophies in a month and I did that with 262. All of those were in real games. I have no idea how people can spend the money and the time to get thousands of trophies in a month. I'm impressed by the sheer numbers, but I honestly can't even imagine what it's like to see the numbers on my account go up that high.

It was nice having a bit of a competition between ourselves, the Waifus and the By.... the B Team in the last few days. I think we ended up 7th but if Slamma's PC doesn't melt we should get confirmation some time.

Either way we set out to get at least awards 2 and 3 and I'm pretty certain we all did. And we finished Not Last, so missions accomplished.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stpatty said:

6SAOXtZD4m3bepnQ1kEUJAUo37g=.gif

It errored out again about 20 minutes ago lol

I'm gonna try picking it up where it errored out and then doing some magical consolidation after the fact since I foolishly never anticipated things not working :francis:

We're almost half way there 😂 

3 minutes ago, stpatty said:

I think we ended up 7th but if Slamma's PC doesn't melt we should get confirmation some time.

The hamsters are getting tired... gonna construct my own giant wheel to help power through to the end

5 minutes ago, stpatty said:

I have no idea how people can spend the money and the time to get thousands of trophies in a month. I'm impressed by the sheer numbers, but I honestly can't even imagine what it's like to see the numbers on my account go up that high.

My son is getting fewer Christmas presents this year.

• Haha 1