THL: RATAS Edition - Discussion

Velvet

50 minutes ago, TheRealClayman said:

We get it. You're the king of the whoring mountain. But that doesn't mean you have to keep diminishing everyone else's accomplishments and enjoyment.

And before you post the, "That's not what I'm doing." take a look back and just see how condescending you sound. I'm sorry you weren't able to go full bore this time because real life is a thing. I'm just trying to have some fun with it because THL is not very often and it's the only event I truly like to do.

You can see I don't really do many EZ in my regular game time. It's fun to run them down and see how many can be knocked out within a set time frame. In 3 or 4 years when another THL happens, you can go for your crown again. Hell, there's 11 days left, you can probably still get it this THL if you try.

Fwiw: It read to me purely as Krid taking a jab at “the thl in which the rules try to prevent participants actively from earning trophies”. And maybe a sprinkle of “this site is so dead, not even events can lure ppl back into having lively exchanges anymore”.

Not AT ALL as condescending towards anybody who can’t rack up the numbers he himself did in the days of yore. 

I thought it was funny. Because accurate. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

Fwiw: It read to me purely as Krid taking a jab at “the thl in which the rules try to prevent participants actively from earning trophies”. And maybe a sprinkle of “this site is so dead, not even events can lure ppl back into having lively exchanges anymore”.

Not AT ALL as condescending towards anybody who can’t rack up the numbers he himself did in the days of yore. 

I thought it was funny. Because accurate. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That's fair because everyone will have a different opinion or interpretation. Some of that is potentially accurate as well.

But it begs the question, do you guys then just come back to post just to make fun of the site (not members, the site itself) and if that is the case, why come back at all just to post that? Unless, maybe there is particular animosity towards a specific being that you are trying to  get back at.

I  know I said you a lot, but you as a generalization,  not specifically that you are the culprit

Edited by TheRealClayman

1 hour ago, TheRealClayman said:

We get it. You're the king of the whoring mountain. But that doesn't mean you have to keep diminishing everyone else's accomplishments and enjoyment.

And before you post the, "That's not what I'm doing." take a look back and just see how condescending you sound. I'm sorry you weren't able to go full bore this time because real life is a thing. I'm just trying to have some fun with it because THL is not very often and it's the only event I truly like to do.

You can see I don't really do many EZ in my regular game time. It's fun to run them down and see how many can be knocked out within a set time frame. In 3 or 4 years when another THL happens, you can go for your crown again. Hell, there's 11 days left, you can probably still get it this THL if you try.

Impressive, I get bites on stuff that isn’t even bait 😁

Not diminishing anything, I know more than most what it takes to keep pushing through this sort of stuff. I even posted at the top of this page I was supporting you. 

In the last THL we were in your shoes, loads of people were giving us abuse for just being better so I’m not here to do the same to you! You should be in here windmilling or something though, make the most of it!

Sarcastic is my natural setting, if it comes across as condescension I apologise. If anything, my post is disappointment that no other teams seem to be trying or didn’t link up properly to make a solid team of four. The purity and ethos of THL has been butchered to create a more even playing field and it’s led to the most uncompetitive edition ever. 

Loads of teams signed up (way more than even the EDs expected I imagine) and only one had any intention of trying. That’s not your fault at all but has put a bit of a downer on the whole thing, especially as the other two awards take about an hour so everyone is done with them except the anti-EZPZ martyrs. As a consequence the thread is also pretty dead as no one has anything to talk about so it feels like it isn’t even happening when it’s meant to be the blue riband of PST events.

Maybe THL needs drama to survive after all 😂

Edited by Darth_Krid

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Lol, fun fact, I have about 2-3 dozen Vita JVNs sitting here, and I'm like, fuck that, those all take over an hour to plat. Way too time consuming for THL 😂

Between you and Walt, the most time I spend updating the community board is spent trying to translate those titles because PSNP doesn't always have the "also known as" box and I'm pretty sure I've gotten a few wrong. Idk what Red Whale is and you probably don't either, but we're just going to pretend that's the actual title and that's what one of you played. Sounds legit. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Impressive, I get bites on stuff that isn’t even bait 😁

Not diminishing anything, I know more than most what it takes to keep pushing through this sort of stuff. I even posted at the top of this page I was supporting you. 

I didn't believe you were baiting. I believe your feelings are genuine. It just sucked because who knows if this opportunity will come around again and the fun factor.

I agree with much of what you said . This THL definitely is the most different out of all the ones we've done. And that our team is going ham while everyone else for the most is just doing their thing (Which is okay)

If in the end, we do come out on top, it won't be a hollow victory necessarily.  But it will definitely be different than the past. 

Anyway, not really trying to start a beef. I just felt a way and then expressed it. Which is one of my personality traits!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashbo said:

Haha yeh, I might grab some from Tezzi's tomoz if they have any.

I'll post back if I get some! 😁

If we don’t hear from you in a day or two we know you’ll be in a Blue Riband high. Just watch out for that come down, will having your bones shaking.

1 hour ago, stpatty said:

I bought the Batman Telltale game since it was on sale. The complete version is now (was it on at the same time?) on sale too. You can tell how inexperienced I am at THL, I'm inefficiently buying ~60% plats. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this.

There was a time when Telltale games were absolute gold dust for THL! Right idea, just 8 years too late :D

Edited by Darth_Krid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

For what it's worth, and I'm sure some of the EDs will talk about this in the post-mortem thread, but the reason we gave this THL a silly name instead of calling it 10 was we wanted to use this as an opportunity to get people back into the swing of things with big events, both on the staff side and the member side. Things have been pretty discombobulated for a while, no one's fault, but we wanted to experiment with different things and get the community back in the mindset we used to all have for events.

If this particular event ends up being a bit of a mulligan in terms of hardcore competition, that's ok. Personally I'm really happy with the number of sign ups we got, and regardless of how everyone feels about this particular event, we're going to use this momentum, and I imagine the next big event we do will be even better.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

There was a time when Telltale games were absolute gold dust for THL! Right idea, just 8 years too late :D

Haha yeh, currently playing the latest Life Is Strange offering and was thinking about this. 6-7 trophies per episode was loads 🤣🤣 when running all the Telltales at once.

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

If you’re finishing in 2 minutes, you’re doing it wrong.

Slow down, enjoy yourself, and maybe try taking only a half a pill next time. 

😎

In & Out pal, busy life....

• Haha 2