Audio Diary & Weapon Upgrade Locations

DudeInDistress

Thought I'd add one...

Growing Up: In Triton theater room, take a left, then an immediate other left and head upstairs towards the Projection Booth, halfway down on the right the wall is destroyed, the audio tape is in that wreckage on the floor.

Edit: NVM, the guy above me also saw it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
(cont.)

Lamb (AKA Persephone Outer)

• Withholding Visitation: When you consume the form of a Little Sister, you will find this near Lamb in her office (You'll see her sitting nearby).
  • Blessing in Disguise: In front of the statue of Delta Vs Gil(the room just before you see your first "angel", you will find this audio. (Thanks to Vegetoacs for the tip!)
  • Behind Mother's Back: This one you'll find when you pick up the helmet for the Big Sister outfit.
  • Freeing Father: After you've collected the suit pieces for Eleanor, when you enter her room, don't just give her the Suit. Instead, look around her room. On the other side of her bed, poking out from underneath you will see the audio diary (Thanks to Vegetoacs for the tip!)
  • Selling Ryan Short: When you wake up back as Big Daddy, you'll find this in the room behind a small wall.

Persephone (AKA Inner Persephone)

• Out with the Old..: This is in the Inmate processing office, which you will go past early in the level, just after crossing the bridge behind where you start, and fighting an elite brute. The office is marked as such when you first see it. To get into the office, go to the window next to the door that progresses further on into the facility. You will find a small broken window you can fire a hacking dart through to hack the access panel. Then go through the door next to the window to a desk with a sign "Inmate checkpoint" above it. Behind the desk to the left is a door that leads back to the Processing office, which has a Safe, some items and the audio diary. (Thanks to Vegetoacs for the tip!)
  • The Definition of Despair: This audio is found in the cafeteria, on one of the tables near the ocean window. (Thanks to Vegetoacs for the tip!)
  • A Trade: You'll find this in a cell in Block D. (Check map)
  • No More Hope Left: You'll find this in a corpse of a man who hanged himself, also in Block C.
  • A Generous Offer: Somewhere in Block A.
  • Magic Sauce: Once you use the keycode to unlock the room where the ''person of interest'' (no spoilers) is, you'll find this audio in the same room.
  • Last Two Digits: You'll find this in 'Holding' (check map), one of the cells has a broken wall, go inside and you'll find this.

(NOTE: You obtain the following audios after you use a certain key (you'll know. Also, these audio diaries are in the same level))

• Mouths, Arms and Eyes: When you enter the Therapy area, you will walk through a long-ish hallway into a small room that connects three areas. There, in a room with a sign ''Recreational Therapy'' (west), check the corpse there to find this audio. (Note: there is no audio in a code-locked, room, but if you want to go in anyway, the password is 4146).
  • A Simple Question: This is found in the Intenstive Therapy section, hanging from one of medical instrument cabinets next to a red chair. (Thanks to Vegetoacs for the tip!)
  • Destructive Learning: If you walk a little further down the hallway, in the direction of the signs pointing to the administrative offices, you'll see a door to the right of a "Therapy Patients" sign. Inside the small room is this audio. Get it for the lulz (Thanks to Vegetoacs for the tip!)
  • Sacrifices: In the Administration Office of the Therapy area you will find two rooms, one with a Door Lock and one without (plus stairs). This one will be in the one WITHOUT Door Lock.
  • A Strategem for Sinclair: Now go down the stairs of the Administration office, you’ll find this audio on a table.
  • Such Freedom: In the Infirmary, on the first floor of it (Level 3 on map), you'll find this in a hallway with lots of cells. This one is at the very last one (has Gene-Bank infront of it).
  • My Prison: You'll find this in the northern part of the Infirmary (on the map) near a PTTP machine. However, the door is locked so you have to go from the other side.
  • They Feel Pain: in the upper floor of the Infirmary, in the northeastern room (check map) you’ll find this on a counter, near a safe.
    Alleviating Pain: This one is in Autospy (check map), just before the second ward. (Thanks to Vegetoacs for the tip!)

Found a log that isn't listed here. It's called "first two digits" and it's located in the same cell block as "a trade" but in another cell, in a toilet

Hi

I would like to say there there is a Audio Diary in Fontaine Futuristics called "Big Sister" in the same room with the second Weapon Upgrade.

When you be in front of the Power to People, just turn right and its going to be there in the bar with some ammo, I think that from Grenade Launcher or something like that.

I Hope it helps and great guide, very good work.

• 5 weeks later...

Great guide, I used along side a map/video guide. Just one thing to note. You're missing the audiotape "Big Sister" located in Fontaine Futuristics. It's located on the shelf on the right as you enter the room that contains the second weapon upgrade station.

Edit to say found another not mentioned - "Legs, Mouths, Arms, and Eyes"

That's found in Inner Persephone in the Therapy Wing. Upon entering the Therapy Wing to find the Paediatric Ward you'll see a Gene Bank (after a creepy scene with a ball rolling across your screen) on your right and a bot shutdown panel ahead and slight to the left. Here turn left and face the hallway. Intensive Therapy is to your right (Where you find "A Simple Question") and to your left is Recreational Therapy. Head into Recreational Therapy and you'll fight some splicers. At the end of the room is some paintings on a canvas and a dead body near the window. It contains the audio tape.

Edited by LaochEire

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Not sure if you're still looking or not, but I did find a new audio diary not listed in your guide. It's called Growing Up. In Dionysus Park when walking into the theatre, take a left and go up the stairs towards the projection booth. In the room, there's a camera. Follow the path to the left and in the rubble you'll find the diary.

Edited by migma84

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

has anybody created a map layout of the collectibles like the guide in Bioshock 1? Not telling anybody to make one or requesting just wanna know if there is one, it made the collectibles much easier then trying to read an explanation by somebody in text. :o:o I've already missed about 5 diaries

also just feedback even tho this thread has been here since ps3,

include the weapon upgrades in their respectable location as opposed to seperating them, makes it so we dont have to scroll up and down in hopes we didn't miss anything.

Edited by csboi1337

has anybody created a map layout of the collectibles like the guide in Bioshock 1? Not telling anybody to make one or requesting just wanna know if there is one, it made the collectibles much easier then trying to read an explanation by somebody in text. :o:o I've already missed about 5 diaries

also just feedback even tho this thread has been here since ps3,

include the weapon upgrades in their respectable location as opposed to seperating them, makes it so we dont have to scroll up and down in hopes we didn't miss anything.

There is a Good collectible videó on youtube. Showing all the diaries, tonics and People to the power stations. I used for the PS3 back in the days, now im using for the PS4.

also just feedback even though this thread has been here since ps3,

include the weapon upgrades in their respectable location as opposed to separating them, makes it so we don't have to scroll up and down in hopes we didn't miss anything.

When I was updating the Trophy Guide a couple of weeks back, I added a link to an interactive locations Guide for the collectibles so give that whirl :).

When I was updating the Trophy Guide a couple of weeks back, I added a link to an interactive locations Guide for the collectibles so give that whirl :).

I'll check it out, thanks

super handy. I still say ShadowAFC's images in the bioshock 1 guide is way better than that site tho :)

maybe somebody can convince him to do it for this ;) haha

Edited by csboi1337

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not entirely sure where I found this one, (I think it was in a box on the floor near Meltzer's corpse) after I progressed through the jail cells and returned to the area. The only other place it might have been is the room with the second Power to the People station in the same area. It's called: "Big Sister" and it's from Gil Alexander-

"We put our eldest Sister through a new regimen of physical and mental conditioning, and suited her up with modified Protector equipment of my design. The younger ones have dubbed her a "Big Sister."

Sadly, this is a stopgap. Between rogue splicers and the aging of the girls, we'll run out of viable Little Sisters soon. After that...the surface may be our only source..."

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...