PST's 13th Birthday Bash ~ Discussion

Slamma

DZh7RyS.jpg

The website is turning 13… a teenager! Around 13 years of age, changes typically start to occur. That sweet, energetic site that you were used to has gone through a huge change that doesn’t only change the site itself, but everyone that uses the site. That automated tracking has finally arrived even though it may have caused a few issues here and there. That’s to be expected when those hormones are raging like a bull. That high pitched voice is cracking and starting to get deeper. It’s starting to have feelings it doesn’t quite understand yet. And it stinks. AYO SITE YOU NEED TO PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE AND APPLY SOME DEODORANT! Now for some heartfelt poetry...

We’ve watched the site change and grow.

We’ve seen people come and go.

Trophies have changed and stacks overflow.

I’m still waiting for a PS5 restock, ya know?

The platinums still ding

and our hearts still sing

because trophies are our everything.

The community is fun

Changes will Soon™ be done

So come on and celebrate with everyone!

To celebrate the birthday this year, we will have 13 prizes to give away! For further information keep on reading...

DA RULEZ

• The event begins on 16 June 2021 0:00:00 UTC
  • The event ends on 30 June 2021 23:59:59 UTC
  • You need to have been a member by 16 May 2021 and have at least 50 posts.
  • Giveaway winners will be announced at some time on 30 June 2021. See giveaway section below for more info.
  • There are 13 challenges, each completed challenge will grant you an additional entry into the drawing. 
  • The trophies submitted must be unique - you cannot use the same trophy in multiple challenges.
  • For non-platinum games, final trophy earned is your "submitted" trophy. You can use the other trophies from the game for another challenge.
  • For platinum games, the platinum earned is your "submitted" trophy. You can use the other trophies from the game for another challenge.
  • You can use games you have already started, but trophies must be earned and submitted during the event.
  • If you complete all 13 challenges, you will earn a site award Soon™️
  • You will be responsible for ensuring your submissions are accepted. If an ED reacts to the post, you can consider the submission as accepted. We have a Google sheet available for you to see which have been accepted. Click here to view it.

DA CHALLENGEZ

Again, each completed challenge will give you an entry into the giveaway. If you complete all 13, you will have 13 entries into the drawing. Completing all 13 will also earn you a site award! For further information on each challenge, click the spoiler below it.

1. Comment a memory in the submission thread - gaming memory, trophy memory, site memory.

Spoiler

Post a favorite memory of yours. Please explain why it is your favorite.

2. Complete a game that has an approved trophy guide - don’t forget to thank the guide writer in the forum, offer constructive feedback if necessary, and vote in the time/difficulty polls!

Spoiler

We will need the PSNP link to your completed game as well as the link to the PST front page guide. With how front page guides currently work, it is possible that the version you completed does not have a linked trophy guide (or has a trophy guide linked within the trophy guide). So please submit the actual complete trophy guide link as well.

You don't NEED to post in the forum thread or vote for time/difficulty to complete this challenge... but we highly encourage it!

3. Earn a trophy with rarity under 14% (0.01% to 13.99%) 

Spoiler

We will be using PSNP's site rarity for this. PST doesn't seem to have a specific rarity number at the moment - it is only using PSN rarity.

You will need to submit your trophy log URL and the trophy log number.

4. Spell PST with trophies

Spoiler

Y'all love spelling, so you should be able to do this in your sleep by now.
Earn a trophy that has a title starting with P
Earn a trophy that has a title starting with S
Earn a trophy that has a title starting with T
No trophies in between.

5. Earn trophies with numbers that add up to 13

Spoiler

You must submit at least two numbers.

The number can be in the trophy title or description.

You can use spelled out numbers. Ten is acceptable as 10.

You can use roman numerals. VI is acceptable as 6. Note that it must be in the context of a roman numeral. You cannot earn 13 trophies that have the word "I" in it like "I have earned a trophy".

You cannot take pieces of a number. 10,000 is not 10. 101 is not 1. Seventy-seven is not 7.

You can use times. 8:00 will count as 8. 1:11 will count as either 1 or 11.

6. Earn a trophy with a timestamp having 13 seconds

Spoiler

The timestamp which the trophy unlocked must show 13 seconds.

As an example: 08:22:13

7. Earn 13 trophies with the same value in a row

Spoiler

Self-explanatory, no? Earn 13 of the same trophy value in a row.

13 (B) , 13 (S) , 13 (G) 

8. Earn a platinum within 13 seconds of another user

Spoiler

You and another PST member need to earn a platinum within 13 seconds of each other. You both will get credit for completing this challenge, only one person needs to submit it.

9. Complete a game released before the site upgrade and complete a game released since the site upgrade.

Spoiler

The site was upgraded to 2.0 on November 8th of 2020. You must complete a game released before this date and a game released after this date.

10. Earn a trophy that has something party related

Spoiler

The word can be in the title or description.

It must be something you would find or do at a party.

Examples: party, hat, horn, card, cake, gift, celebrate, sing, wish, candle, piñata.

Don't be ridiculous.

11. Earn a platinum trophy on the site’s birthday

Spoiler

Prep your platinum and pop it on the 30th

WE ARE USING UTC SO DON'T MESS IT UP.

Here's a countdown to the site's birthday.

12. Earn a trophy that has a money amount

Spoiler

Money can be in the title or description

Can be in-game currency

13. Make a birthday card! 

Spoiler

Open up your Microsoft Paints (or other alternative artist studio software) and make a birthday card for PST! You must have the PST logo in there somewhere. Here is a png of it, have fun!

logo-1024.png.fefac0fb983ad847edeca2a9f94700e5.png

DA GIVEAWAEZ

• There are 13 prizes available and there will be 13 winners.
  • 5x 10 money units PSN card
  • 5x 20 money units PSN card
  • 3x video games*
  • The PSN cards will be in the region of your choosing
  • The videos game you choose must be approved by Mendel. Typical rules are - no collector’s edition, must be a standard retail price, no pre-orders.
  • In order to be entered to win one of these prizes you will need to complete challenges above. Each accepted submission will give you an entry into the drawing.
  • As learned from previous giveaways, we need to be upfront with the details of the draw:

(1) I will either record the drawing or do a live broadcast. Leaning more toward a recording since my life is chaos.

(2) If you win a prize, your name will be removed from the drawing for the smaller prizes.

(3) The order of the draw will start with the biggest prize and draw until we finish with the smallest prize - that way everyone has a shot at the big prizes.

DA SUBMISSIONZ

Please use the submission thread to submit. You can either submit from PSNP or PST, there is only one instance in which we specifically request your PSNP and that is for challenge #3 - earn a trophy with rarity under 14%. This is because the rarity values are better established on PSNP and I do believe PST still shows PSN rarities as of right now.

Edited by Slamma
Minor typo.
  • Like 1

6. Earn a trophy with a timestamp having 13 seconds 

:facepalm:

Surely it would've been the logical thing to make it minutes and not seconds. How can we possibly prep for this without it being pure luck? Especially on PS5 when trophies can act up at the best of times and pop late or early. Even without that in mind, trying to time a trophy pop to the second just isn't reasonable. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

6. Earn a trophy with a timestamp having 13 seconds 

:facepalm:

Surely it would've been the logical thing to make it minutes and not seconds. How can we possibly prep for this without it being pure luck? Especially on PS5 when trophies can act up at the best of times and pop late or early. Even without that in mind, trying to time a trophy pop to the second just isn't reasonable. 

Y'all have had it too easy for too long. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Velvet said:

Y'all have had it too easy for too long. 

I respectfully disagree. You only have to look at some of the events gone by that were failed due to some ridiculous task or challenge that was never going to be completed no matter what. It makes the rest of the event pointless and takes the fun out of it. While this particular challenge might not be as difficult as some other challenges in other events it's still in my opinion at least, entirely luck based and not practical. If it was the 13th minute then it would give more than enough room to prep the trophy pop. Trying to time it to the exact second is purely luck-based. 

The rest of the challenges are great. A nice mix of everything. I don't know why there always has to be one stupid one thrown in for measure. I don't want to attempt the other 12 challenges only to fail on this one because of luck.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I respectfully disagree. You only have to look at some of the events gone by that were failed due to some ridiculous task or challenge that was never going to be completed no matter what. It makes the rest of the event pointless and takes the fun out of it. While this particular challenge might not be as difficult as some other challenges in other events it's still in my opinion at least, entirely luck based and not practical. If it was the 13th minute then it would give more than enough room to prep the trophy pop. Trying to time it to the exact second is purely luck-based. 

The rest of the challenges are great. A nice mix of everything. I don't know why there always has to be one stupid one thrown in for measure. I don't want to attempt the other 12 challenges only to fail on this one because of luck.

I respect your disagreement, but wish to point out that I have unintentionally earned 2 :13 second trophies on my first trophy log page. If this is the challenge the makes or breaks this event, then I shall be a sad chunky monkey. But I assure you, it may require a bit more extra effort, but earning 1 single trophy on a 13 second mark is quite doable. 

You don't need to do all 13 challenges to be entered into the giveaways. Each challenge = 1 ticket. If you're honestly wishing to sit out on 12 other chances to win something because of this one, then that's a bit of a bummer. My recommendation would be to work on the other 12, see if any happen to land on that 13, if not, submit them all, then try for 13. But to sit out completely is.. I mean... I'm not saying silly, because that's just rude. But it doesn't really make sense to me? 

Someone double check my math, but you have 21,600 opportunities to get this. That's a lot of opportunities. It might just be 20,160. But either way.

You got this, man. 

Edited by Velvet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great event, thanks EDs for getting together and putting this out, also with a nice variety in tasks! Will get started on these right away.

Thankfully Valhalla just released DLC to help with the rarity one 🤣

@LST, you’re being a bit over the top. You’ll probably earn it naturally without even thinking and if not then you can spam a few EZPZs which give you 20 trophies in a minute. 

3 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

@LST, you’re being a bit over the top. You’ll probably earn it naturally without even thinking and if not then you can spam a few EZPZs which give you 20 trophies in a minute. 

Over the top? How? 😆 I was just giving my thoughts on it. Couldn't care less about the prizes, I just want to finish an event for a change! Can't remember the last one I successfully completed. 

Anyhow, you're probably right. Whoring EZPZ will probably do the trick although I was hoping to avoid using them if possible. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Velvet said:

I respect your disagreement, but wish to point out that I have unintentionally earned 2 :13 second trophies on my first trophy log page. If this is the challenge the makes or breaks this event, then I shall be a sad chunky monkey. But I assure you, it may require a bit more extra effort, but earning 1 single trophy on a 13 second mark is quite doable. 

You don't need to do all 13 challenges to be entered into the giveaways. Each challenge = 1 ticket. If you're honestly wishing to sit out on 12 other chances to win something because of this one, then that's a bit of a bummer. My recommendation would be to work on the other 12, see if any happen to land on that 13, if not, submit them all, then try for 13. But to sit out completely is.. I mean... I'm not saying silly, because that's just rude. But it doesn't really make sense to me? 

Someone double check my math, but you have 21,600 opportunities to get this. That's a lot of opportunities. It might just be 20,160. But either way.

You got this, man. 

There's 60 secs in a minute, but only one 13.

So 1 in 60, is 10 in 600.....

10/6 is 1.66....

So you have 1.66% chance every time you earn a trophy that it will be on the 13 second mark. 

100/1.66 = 60.24

So you pop 60 random trophies and one of them, statistically, will be on the 13 second mark.

By pure numbers alone, it is very variable as you can time you trophy pop.

Disclaimer- I am not a mathematician, in fact, i'm not even sure this is a real thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

Happy Birthday, PST

Just to keep with the tradition, here’s a question: do we have to complete the challenges in order? (If the trophy numbers for my challenges go challenge7, challenge4, challenge2, etc., will that be accepted?)

I would day so yes mate. I mean you can enter any challenge to claim a 'ticket' for an entry, so doing them out of order should be fine.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, staytrue1985 said:

Watch Dogs Legion was released on 29th October on PS4, and 12th November on PS5. I assume that the PS4 version counts as an "old site" game and the PS5 version counts as a "new site" game?

Chandler: "Should I use my invisibility to fight crime, or for evil?" |  Friends tv show, Friends tv, Make me laugh

Also, for anyone who may be interested: When Irvy and I completed Operation Tango the last week our platinum trophies popped at exactly. Just a head's up for those wanting an easy way to pop a platinum within 13 seconds of someone else!

12 hours ago, staytrue1985 said:

Watch Dogs Legion was released on 29th October on PS4, and 12th November on PS5. I assume that the PS4 version counts as an "old site" game and the PS5 version counts as a "new site" game?

Separate list mate aside from release date, so i'd say you are good fella.

EDIT:

Don't forget guys to be super creative with your PST birthday cards! We love colour!! :francis:

Edited by Ashbo
  • Like 1

One question!

For popping a plat within 13 seconds of someone, it says ‘another PST user’. Can this just be anyone or do they have to be signed up for this event? Just thinking since I’m doing It Takes Two with @JMeeks anyway so I should get this without even having to try, but not if he doesn’t sign up. Could always sign up for him 😈

Cool challenges. I'm balls deep in trying to beat Plus noobs in Squadrons so I'm struggling to pry myself away from it. I've earned a lot of UR trophies in it and they're starting to dry up now. Typical!

11 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

But now that he's brought it up it will clearly elude him. :rofl:

• Slamma unpinned this topic
  • Slamma locked this topic