In Loving Memory of a PST Family Member & Friend, I Bleed Green / Quickie_Lindsay / Gunpowdernboom

Velvet

It is with an absolutely shattered heart that I make this post... this "announcement"... one of our very own PST family members of over a decade has unfortunately passed away. 

For those that knew her, you knew Lindsay as I Bleed Green, Quickie_Lindsay, and as of most recent, GunpowdernBoom. None of which are dead names, I confirmed, I promise, lol (joke between the small knit of us). She first became a standing member during the PST Trophy Survivor, where she soon became a staple in the plethora of Game Nights, and very swiftly became a standing member of House Cross during House Championships (where many of you know her from today). From there, she participated in anything and everything she could, even if it was against doctor's orders or not. Lindsay has always struggled with a world of medical issues since birth, but would never let you know as she took hold of her controller just to headshot you in one swift move. She was an inspiration, a light, a mentor, and above all else, just a damn good friend. One you'd count your lucky stars to have. 

After recent setbacks, she has unfortunately succumbed to the very thing she refused to let get in her way. Stubborn from day one, she would never let any of her ailments stop her from reaching the top and those that know her, you remember her, and there's a 99.9% chance you absolutely loved her, if not for her story, then just for her. She was genuine, not a trait you're easy to come by nowadays. I wish we knew of this sooner, but heavy questions come with heavy answers and we get them when we're ready. With that being said, in the absolutely true Lindsay fashion, she doesn't want your "F"s in chat, she doesn't want your condolences... her goal has to always been to highlight the charities she felt individuals like her most benefited from. Her purpose was always to help people, even if they were more fortunate than her. That's just the kind of person she was. And she will be so incredibly missed on an indescribable level. 

For those who want to do something in her name, to do something in her honor, she has requested that any and all donations go to the two charities she held closest to her heart:

The 1st one is for Shriner's Hospital which she herself frequented and fell in love with: 

https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc/donate

The 2nd is Magic Wheelchair which she has promoted and spoke about many times across her many channels:

https://www.magicwheelchair.org/

She always put others first and this wish of hers is no different. My condolences to those who knew her, who loved her, who got to know her, and just enjoyed knowing the incredible human being she was. She's changed lives for the better and will continue to do so through her legacy. 

We miss you Linds, we love you, and some day we'll pick up in the games we left off in, I promise ❤️ 

RIP Lindsay Bolyard
May 1983 - February 2021

❤️

• Sad 26

• Mendel changed the title to In Loving Memory of a PST Family Member & Friend, I Bleed Green / Quickie_Lindsay / Gunpowdernboom

Well written Velvet. So sorry to hear of this community loss, it sounds like she was a great person. We may not know each other too well but our love of gaming brings us together like a family and it is always hard to lose a member. My condolences to her family and friends. May you be gaming in Heaven Lindsay!

That is a massive shock. She was in, I think, in 1 or 2 of the THL teams I was involved with. Didn't really know her that well tbh, I don't really follow YouTube or Twitch so apologies to you guys that partake in those. I am a 42 so probably a generational thing. 

Had no idea she had medical issues from birth, I suppose we never never really know the people behind the avatars and usernames unless we become more involved?

How did you find out Velvet? Always been curious to know if family members of site members that have passed away get in contact with the site, seeing as we are spread so far and wide.

Johnny Bananas springs to mind and Scott that used to help people in GTAIV when I think of other site members that have passed.

Gonna stop there, it's getting pretty morbid now. Sorry guys :(

Edited by Respectable Inn
Typo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Respectable Inn said:

How did you find out Velvet? Always been curious to know if family members of site members that have passed away get in contact with the site, seeing as we are spread so far and wide.

I watched her stream on Twitch and she had to take a break in December due to personal matters, then we spoke in January and she was going to get some additional help and we didn't really talk much after that (she didn't really have a firm way of communication once she wasn't able to hop on Discord). She randomly popped into my head the other day and I went to message her to see how she was feeling. Stopped by her Twitch, no streams since the last one in December. Checked her PSNP, no trophies since November. Checked her Twitter, no activity since we last spoke in January. Things just didn't feel right at all. Popped in her Discord to see if she was ok and one of her brothers let the group know what happened. Just a pretty good reminder to check up on your friends. Just gutted we didn't know sooner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Velvet said:

I watched her stream on Twitch and she had to take a break in December due to personal matters, then we spoke in January and she was going to get some additional help and we didn't really talk much after that (she didn't really have a firm way of communication once she wasn't able to hop on Discord). She randomly popped into my head the other day and I went to message her to see how she was feeling. Stopped by her Twitch, no streams since the last one in December. Checked her PSNP, no trophies since November. Checked her Twitter, no activity since we last spoke in January. Things just didn't feel right at all. Popped in her Discord to see if she was ok and one of her brothers let the group know what happened. Just a pretty good reminder to check up on your friends. Just gutted we didn't know sooner.

This is quite difficult to read, you checking out each place. :(

• Like 1

Played against/with Lindsay in many Game Nights and she pretty much won most of the matches. Shows you how amazing people can be and what they can accomplish despite disabilities and the setbacks life can throw at you. 

It’s always so sad when we lose one of our community because we’re a tight knit bunch when all is said and done. RIP Lindsay. 

Well, this is heartbreaking. I knew she had her health issues, but this caught me so off guard :(

It was an absolute pleasure having her on my team during Rocket League League (S3) and the Uncharted League! The only time we won during those two leagues was during that epic 2v2 set with @Darth_Krid and Bread. That's still possibly the most fun I had playing an online MP. It was incredibly intense! I still love bringing up that match, and have been an advocate for Uncharted League Season 2(v2) ever since haha.

RIP teammate! ❤️