PlayStation 4 Software 8.50 Public Beta ~ Bye Communities!

hungherk

If anyone's interested in testing out the 8.5 software here's my key that can b used up to 20 times.

7P8F-9AND-LB38

Main features updated in this system software beta program version
• In Messages, you can now turn notifications on or off for each of the groups you're in. On the group screen, open the options menu and select Turn Notifications Off.

Other update features
• On the game session details screen, you can now use the Request to Join button to ask the session leader to join their game session. The session leader can then send you an invite to join the game session.
• When playing a game you've hidden, other players will no longer see that you're currently playing that game.
• The Communities feature is no longer available.

How to start:
Once you have redeemed your unique voucher code, you will receive a system notification on your PlayStation®4 console when the 8.50 Beta begins. Follow the prompts from the notification for access to the Beta System Software. Once you have followed these prompts, navigate to Settings > System Software Update > Version 8.50 Beta.
Performance has improved for System Software updates, so you do not have to restart your PlayStation®4 console after updating. The update will be automatically installed after being downloaded, as long as the following setting is active: Settings > System > Auto Downloads > System Software Update Files.

Edited by Slamma
Fixed dark mode formatting

1 hour ago, Slamma said:

I just got this email saying Communities were being discontinued.

They never really put any effort into making them useful, so I'm not surprised.

Yeah, the only time I had a use for them is with Uncharted 4. There were a couple communities dedicated to carrying people through Survival, and that was super helpful. Beyond that, they were kind of pointless.

Edited by mcolwander90
  • Like 1

This is sad.

I had a Community for my Website, with Status Updates, Chat Discussion and of course Giveaways.

There are also lots of helpfull Communitys for each Game especially for Multiplayer Focused Games, where you find help.

Sony just could not handle the Spam Filter, Censor and other Things to keep this Place clean. Because Sony is now Nintendo from the Past with heir Family Console and hell no there should no Nude Thread Post Pictures etc. there to find. So they turn off evrything.

The Solution would be easy. Just deactivate uploading Pictures, or personal Datas. But well its Sony...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Slamma said:

I just got this email saying Communities were being discontinued.

They never really put any effort into making them useful, so I'm not surprised.

This^

Communities never amounted to anything worthwhile so I couldn't care less they're being scrapped, especially if it means the XMB becomes less cluttered and slow.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

• Slamma changed the title to PlayStation 4 Software 8.50 Public Beta ~ Bye Communities!
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, hungherk said:

• The Communities feature is no longer available.

Glad about that.

Only weirdly non-topic "I have to update my IRL" posts spamming dumb dumbs in there. Rarely you might find help for gaming sessions or sympathizers. That was my experience at least and I am in 72 communities, so long so long. :applause:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...