When will PS5 be easy to get

Trophy9279

Good Morning to all. Sorry but I am at my wits end with not being able to purchase a PS5. I have spent weeks constantly refreshing every single retailers site, I have hit drops the instant they go live, only to be beaten by the f*****g loser bots/scalpers. I have come to a decision to stop bothering altogether online because it is just a total waste of effort and time, I have literally been hitting drops instantly they go live but I still don’t manage to secure one, so what is the point?

Can I please ask, when do you think the PS5 will be easy to buy? I heard Sony are making 9 million units by the end of March... erm there are 66 million people living in the U.K. alone 🙄🙄🙄 So what good is that?

Will I ever get one online? I mean if the bots still exist which they will then basically we will never get one, will we? 

I live in the U.K., when our “lockdown” (what our stupid government call a lockdown, because it is not) is over and stores reopen such as GAME do you think we can walk into one and ask them to pre order us one?

This is the first console I have ever tried to purchase early after launch, I didn’t have money to preorder at launch back in November, did the bots and scalpers even take all the preorders too? We’re the releases of PS4 etc like this?

I can’t see getting one possible anytime even in the future online, because of the bots, they’re never going to stop are they so any online stock will go to them pr***s!

Sorry for all the questions and moaning, please don’t feel you have to answer every question here, my head is just driving me mad and I have had enough.

Any information, advice, thoughts etc will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks so much for reading and I honestly wish to whoever doesn’t currently own a PS5, the very best of luck.

My guess is around the midway point of the year. Production will ramp up further as time moves on especially now that Sony are dropping production on all but one PS4 model, at least in Japan, but I'm sure the rest of the world will follow soon too. The short of it is that there aren't enough PS5s being made to meet the unprecedented demand. There's only so much you can do under the current situation and even getting the console launched at all was a miracle in itself. Bots/scalpers add to the problem though it's not the sole reason for shortages and in the scheme of things, bots only amount to a small percentage of the stock being bought up, it's just that this type of thing is always exaggerated through social media etc. making it seem a lot worse than it is.

I do think you've done the right thing in deciding to give up for the time being though. I've seen some people online get so stressed out over not being able to secure a PS5 and it isn't healthy. I think half of it comes down to the hype and the other half to boredom during the current situation but it isn't something a majority of people need right now anyway. It sucks for the people who really want one but if it means nothing but stress in trying to get one then it isn't worth it. Wait until they're widely available which will happen sooner rather than later. Your mental well being is much more important than a big box that plays video games at the end of the day. 

• Thanks 2

In the UK as well and know how you are feeling.  I have also made the same decision and leaving it as I have tried on several attempts to get one.  Decided its not worth staying up all night or getting up early in the chance of getting one.  I think in a few months it will be easier to get one and get to a point where you can just walk into a shop and get one.

Its not just the scalpers to blame, its the people buying from them which keep fuelling them to do what they do.  Also seeing what CEX sell them for is another part of the problem.  The stock drops will become more and more frequent and once out of lockdown, shops will have them in store.

I have decided to get a bigger external drive for my PS4 and concentrate on my backlog for now.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been looking up sales on OfferUp honestly, and have been willing to pay about $250 extra just to buy one off a reseller, so I may actually get one today finally. I’m a bit annoyed, but have been wanting to play Demon’s Souls. 

I wonder if it would have still been this bad if there wasn’t ever a pandemic? 

• Thanks 1

You should not Worry youself about getting one. You not missing anything right now. All PS5 PS+ Title can you save on the Web Browser for later and the Few Really Next Gen Games you can count in one Hand. Also the First Modells have diffrent Tec inside wich cause Problems with the FAN and UHD DRIVE. Its better to wait anyway.

I also was light dissapointed of the Dualsnse. Its jsut the HD+ Rumble from the Switch we allready know. Not real deforming Grip or something Miracle. Well the adaptive Trigger is the only real new Feature wich is nice but can be hard to your Fingers if excesiv use for long time :D

Anyway just look online evry Day maybe you get Lucky.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Warbear said:

I wonder if it would have still been this bad if there wasn’t ever a pandemic? 

Short answer, no. I can only speak for the UK, but due to various lockdowns, at no point has a PS5 been available to pick up off a shelf. I decided to pick up the PS4 on a whim upon release, and was able to walk in and out of the shop with one on the same day.

There will always be massive demand for a Sony console, but because of the pandemic, not only has production been impacted, but there are a lot of people who only want the console now because they are stuck at home with little to do and are unable to spend their money on things like holidays etc. However, bots and scalpers are by far the biggest issue. There was a report a while ago that the number of game sales compared to console sales is incredibly low, and the issue is possibly going to raised in parliament as well. There is not a single console currently available to buy through any major retailer, yet I could log onto CEX or eBay and have one purchased in the next 5 minutes, which says it all really.

Thanks for all your replies, I’m glad you too think it’s best to just give up with it (as in not spend my whole time refreshing sites and staying up, losing sleep etc.) I will check sites randomly a few times a day and that is it, if a drop happens and I miss it I’ll just tell myself “you hit all the other drops as soon as they went live but didn’t secure one because of the bots. 

Yeah, honestly I was starting to get extremely stressed with it in the end, I’ve never experienced anything like this just to get a games console, it is the first I have ever heard of “bots”, but not the first time I’ve head of selfish people (scalpers)

I hope I get one by Christmas 2021 haha and yeah like others have said In this thread, there are literally no games for the PS5 that won’t be available on the PS4 at the moment anyway. 

22 hours ago, honda hoe said:

u have mentioned before (because ppl have asked u) that English IS in fact your first language

u speak/type horribly. 

you know what i dont give a s.......

i really dont. i dont care what my online  status is.

but when that the only thing people  blank about.

it is funny as hell.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Metdevil said:

Literally no one on my friend's list is playing anything on their PS5 that I can't already play on PS4 (and in some cases, even PS3), so I really don't believe that there's a reason to even have one yet...

atm i see no need to buy one. on top of that i want 4tb of internal storage for it....  but price is well over 1k. atm.

I guess those that managed to get one (me included) at launch were fortunate and more so given how rare they appear to be atm.

That being said as others have said, the downside so far is that for us with one, there are no PS5 only games to play and really experience the console lol.

I mean I still play short/ez games on my PS4 and am playing new titles (Hitman 3, Valhalla and WD’s Legion) on PS5, but tbh i’ve spent a lot of time streaming Netflix/BT Sport/Twitch and Disney+ as they run rapid on the console in comparison to other devices I used to run them off!

Will be good to get hold of a PS5 exclusive game eventually, but I reckon a good chunk of folk without a PS5 now, will have one by the time that happens.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 7:27 PM, dogwitch said:

you know what i dont give a s.......

i really dont. i dont care what my online  status is.

but when that the only thing people  blank about.

it is funny as hell.

You should. It's not 2002 anymore where it's cool to type like you have no sense. 

Besides, it's easier to actually engage in conversation with you when you actually make coherent sentenses. It'd be one thing if you typed in shorthand...but you literally have posts that are just a jumbled mess of nonsense. 

And I'm not trying to be a dick, but the number of times I've had to skip over a post of your because I can't understand it, is staggering. I just ended up assuming English wasn't anywhere near your first language, so Honda saying it is, is honestly shocking to me.

Edited by Viper

@dogwitch

If I'm reading it right then I don't think that's the only thing people bring up with you, but I have seen this come up a few times now, but I've never taken it as people trying to offend you, it's just that, like Viper said, if your posts are written a little better then it makes it easier for people to engage in conversation with you. I don't think anyone is saying it just to be rude though so please don't take it the wrong way. I'll admit there's probably been a few occasions where we've had our wires crossed because of this very reason. 

Anyway, staying somewhat on topic and just out of curiosity, why do you want so much memory? Any specific reasons for 4 TB? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dogwitch said:

seeing i know the games i play, how i play them and internet i have .

even even 2 tb is small now for console games.

when some last gen where 100gb or  more.

4 TB is too much for me but I'll definitely be upgrading as soon as Sony get off their asses and enable the expandable storage slot and whitelist compatible drives. I'll probably go for a 1 TB drive which I don't expect to be cheap but it's needed long-term. Been managing okay with the base storage on PS5 so far but it's a juggling act to fit things on there with such a large library of unplayed/unfinished games 

• Like 1

Whilst waiting for a PS5, I got a 4TB external drive for the PS4 to replace the 1TB one.  It has made life so much easier.  I got bored of the constant juggling and updates not even installing.  Took like 8 hours to get everything into 1 place but still have plenty of room left and updates wont be an issue.

9 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

4 TB is too much for me but I'll definitely be upgrading as soon as Sony get off their asses and enable the expandable storage slot and whitelist compatible drives. I'll probably go for a 1 TB drive which I don't expect to be cheap but it's needed long-term. Been managing okay with the base storage on PS5 so far but it's a juggling act to fit things on there with such a large library of unplayed/unfinished games 

i also factor in how long sony took to support  usb storage last time.... with how still no cold storage atm for ps5 games.