• 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

qh2g7UB.png
and
9uNRreI.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the platinum.
  6. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  7. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the platinum.
  8. Vote with honesty and integrity.

The Platinum rating is deceiving in a way. If you have played Hitman 1 and 2 multiple times I'd say Hitman 3 is a 2 difficulty, since by this point you should have a real understanding on how to play the game.  If you have never played Hitman before than I think you are looking at a 4 out of 10 difficulty level. It took me lots of playing Hitman 1 and 2 to get a real understanding of how to play this game. Considering I really hate stealth games but I love this Hitman series.

• 4 weeks later...

This game is pretty easy if you and 47  have history, and you're able to carry over progress.

BUT! If you are fresh to this without any of the unlocks this will be a very long and very repetitive game I think. It isn't an advantage that you don't have to touch master difficulty, since in previous installments this meant a gigantic chunk towards your mastery. Now you'll have to pretty much complete 80% of the challenges on each stage, u can combine only so many of them, so you'll have to play the same map over n over again.

This is, however, a very good game and its good that it has a plat now.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2021 at 9:13 AM, Alcraz said:

This game is pretty easy if you and 47  have history, and you're able to carry over progress.

BUT! If you are fresh to this without any of the unlocks this will be a very long and very repetitive game I think. It isn't an advantage that you don't have to touch master difficulty, since in previous installments this meant a gigantic chunk towards your mastery. Now you'll have to pretty much complete 80% of the challenges on each stage, u can combine only so many of them, so you'll have to play the same map over n over again.

This is, however, a very good game and its good that it has a plat now.

The nice thing is that side story missions and escalations also count towards mastery in the missions they take place, so some locations you can get a good chunk that way.  I'm up to 12 - 15 in a few mission levels that I've only ran through once for the story versions because of that.

Edited by snake2410

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3/10.  It was easy.  Only issues I had involved trophy bugs that made it take nearly 5 months to platinum it.  But the most recent patch fixed my last glitched trophy and the other 7 I needed after popped just fine.  Just have to finish the 100%.  Nice double platinum for the price and time of 1 platinum.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, voted 3/10 for difficulty. I havent played a hitman game in years and I had to learn to play this game again. If u are in the same boat than I would suggest to start off with the prologue first. U can play the whole game on the easiest setting and nothing is overly hard. U can make strategic savepoints which will save u lots of time when going for the challenges. On top this site has an excellent guide and u can find a lot of information about this game, like where to find tools or the timing of certain challenges.

It took me under 35 hours and thats without rushing things. This game is awesome, so I never minded how long it took me to platinum. U will have to replay each level several times, but to me it didnt feel like a grind.

Also important, no buggy trophies, I heard players had problems with this in the past. I think everything got fixed now.

• 5 weeks later...

Gave it a 2/10 for difficulty and 36-50 hours for the plat. 

They've removed the requirement to complete each level on master difficulty as part of completing 'the classics' challenges which is why I marked it down to a 2 rather than a 3. The game can be played mostly on casual difficulty. There's plenty of guides on YouTube on how to complete specific challenges but you don't need to complete them all to get the mastery level 20 trophies for each level anyway. 

It's an exceptional game, IOI have done an amazing job in refining and polishing the Hitman concept they created with Hitman 2016. The best part of course is they finally added a plat to the trophy list!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I must agree with 3/10 difficulty, especially if you're at all familiar with the franchise. Most everything can be done on the Casual setting, and none of the mission stories are particularly tough to complete. NPC randomness can be really irritating, however; guards sometimes turn their heads and see you commit a crime with their backs turned from across the map, I swear. Other times, they'll hear a sound they never heard in previous runs, and come to investigate like annoying pests. It makes strategies feel so inconsistent. The game can be buggy, too, such as when you try to subdue someone from behind, and somehow end up punching them from the front. I've also been spotted through walls and doors on occasion.

Ultimately, though, the "World of Assassination" trilogy is only truly challenging if you attempt SASO on Master, which I did.