Fix for PS Vita error code NP-2068-6 and possibly NW-2304-9

eyesoulated_

-- Fix and link to the imgur is at the bottom if you wanna skip the small talk --

This has been a huge issue for a lot of people so don't even @ me like it's such a small issue. It's huge and a massive headache. I'm posting this for those who will probably search for this in the future. Anyway...

After a while of not playing on my PS Vita, I tried signing in to my PSN to use the PS Store and I kept getting the error code NP-2068-6. Anyway, I don't want to make this a long thread. This headache has been around as early as 2013 and I finally found the fix for it. I tried 2 password changes and that didn't help.

A user commented to sign in from a computer so I tried signing in on www.playstation.com through my phone. It gave me a 2-step code and I thought that was it! It wasn't. But that's when I got the error code NW-2304-9. So I thought I was making progress.

A couple other users said stuff like you have to wait a day, or you need to buy something for free on the PS Store. The PS Store purchase idea didn't work and I didn't have to wait a day before finding the fix.

Anyway. I tried singing in and doing the 2-step verification on both my laptop and phone multiple times but it didn't change anything.

While on my PSN account on my phone (via internet, not the app), I clicked on ACCOUNT SETTINGS and then SECURITY. Usually when I have an issue like this, I naturally click into Security settings because that's probably where I can fix issues. I scrolled down and clicked on something I didn't really understand and BAM!!! EXACTLY WHAT NP-2068-6 WAS ASKING ME FOR! It was "Device Setup Password". It then asked me Generate New Password, and it gave me a mix of numbers and letters. I typed that in as my password under my username on my Vita and it worked!

----- **FIX:** -----

http://imgur.com/gallery/zCIQKpj

Okay, here are the steps:

Step 1: Go to www.playstation.com and click sign in. (This was done on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9).

Step 2: Enter your details as usual to sign in.

Step 3: If you have 2-Step Verification enabled (which you should), wait for the text and input the code.

Step 4: Once it redirects you to the homepage, click your icon.

Step 5: Click ACCOUNT SETTINGS

Step 6: Click SECURITY

Step 7: Scroll down until you see DEVICE SETUP PASSWORD. Click it.

Step 8: Click GENERATE NEW PASSWORD.

Step 9: Now you should see a mix of random numbers and letters. Go back to your Vita and try to sign in again using the NEW password. Once you have done that, it should sign you in and you can use your regular password from now on.

And that's it! Let me know if you guys have any issues.

Edited by eyesoulated_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, eyesoulated_ said:

-- Fix and link to the imgur is at the bottom if you wanna skip the small talk --

This has been a huge issue for a lot of people so don't even @ me like it's such a small issue. It's huge and a massive headache. I'm posting this for those who will probably search for this in the future. Anyway...

After a while of not playing on my PS Vita, I tried signing in to my PSN to use the PS Store and I kept getting the error code NP-2068-6. Anyway, I don't want to make this a long thread. This headache has been around as early as 2013 and I finally found the fix for it. I tried 2 password changes and that didn't help.

A user commented to sign in from a computer so I tried signing in on www.playstation.com through my phone. It gave me a 2-step code and I thought that was it! It wasn't. But that's when I got the error code NW-2304-9. So I thought I was making progress.

A couple other users said stuff like you have to wait a day, or you need to buy something for free on the PS Store. The PS Store purchase idea didn't work and I didn't have to wait a day before finding the fix.

Anyway. I tried singing in and doing the 2-step verification on both my laptop and phone multiple times but it didn't change anything.

While on my PSN account on my phone (via internet, not the app), I clicked on ACCOUNT SETTINGS and then SECURITY. Usually when I have an issue like this, I naturally click into Security settings because that's probably where I can fix issues. I scrolled down and clicked on something I didn't really understand and BAM!!! EXACTLY WHAT NP-2068-6 WAS ASKING ME FOR! It was "Device Setup Password". It then asked me Generate New Password, and it gave me a mix of numbers and letters. I typed that in as my password under my username on my Vita and it worked!

----- **FIX:** -----

http://imgur.com/gallery/zCIQKpj

Okay, here are the steps:

Step 1: Go to www.playstation.com and click sign in. (This was done on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9).

Step 2: Enter your details as usual to sign in.

Step 3: If you have 2-Step Verification enabled (which you should), wait for the text and input the code.

Step 4: Once it redirects you to the homepage, click your icon.

Step 5: Click ACCOUNT SETTINGS

Step 6: Click SECURITY

Step 7: Scroll down until you see DEVICE SETUP PASSWORD. Click it.

Step 8: Click GENERATE NEW PASSWORD.

Step 9: Now you should see a mix of random numbers and letters. Go back to your Vita and try to sign in again using the NEW password. Once you have done that, it should sign you in and you can use your regular password from now on.

And that's it! Let me know if you guys have any issues.

Bro, this!!!!! FOr about 6 months I have had this issue and you've solved it just so easily! ABSOLOUTE HERO!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...