PST Quick Time Event! - Bingo Dbango Board 2021 ~ Discussion

Velvet

zBVzbfY.png

Happy New Year! Let's do a QTE!

This isn't going to be your normal QTE. You'll have this weekend to set it up, but it'll run through the entirety of 2021. We all made jokes about our doomsday 2020 Bingo Board and to really top off our Bingo addiction, we're asking you to create a gaming-related Bingo Board that you'll play on throughout 2021. Check out the submission thread for more details! 

Edited by Velvet

• Slamma pinned this topic

👀

It's already been asked, but yes, trophy-related tiles are allowed for this. BUT!

If you tell us you'll earn 100 platinums and end up earning 101, we won't count the tile as complete. So keep that in mind. If you say 100, it better be exactly 100!

Edited by Velvet

25 minutes ago, Velvet said:

It's already been asked, but yes, trophy-related tiles are allowed for this. BUT!

If you tell us you'll earn 100 platinums and end up earning 101, we won't count the tile as complete. So keep that in mind. If you say 100, it better be exactly 100!

So to solve your dilemma, I'll put: "Complete at least 50 games this year"  Then I'm safe if I complete any amount greater than 50. ;)

Already have a bunch of tiles in mind for this!

Also isn't this event a straight copy/paste of that user generated one on PSNP? :whistle: 

1 minute ago, Jerry Appleby said:

So to solve your dilemma, I'll put: "Complete at least 50 games this year"  Then I'm safe if I complete any amount greater than 50. ;)

Already have a bunch of tiles in mind for this!

Also isn't this event a straight copy/paste of that user generated one on PSNP? :whistle: 

That would require us to go into the community event section on that site to answer. We just thought it'd be something nifty for you guys to do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Velvet said:

That would require us to go into the community event section on that site to answer. We just thought it'd be something nifty for you guys to do. 

Regardless of where the idea came from, I really really like this idea of each of us setting our own personal goals for 2021. I made mine entirely focused on my own goals for gaming, so unlike the examples you made which are based on things that may or may not happen in the new year, mine are ones that I can strive to attempt throughout the whole year, regardless of what happens in this crazy world! :D 

I hope others make entertaining boards that aren't too easy for them to complete as well.

If you guys have a list of your potential tiles and want to randomize them up for fun like I did, write the numbers 1-24 in front of each of them, then go to this link: HERE

Type 1 in the first box, 24 in the second, and 5 columns. It will give you a bingo board without the bottom-right tile (which I swapped for the one that took up the Free Space in the middle), so you can try to make your board as fun as possible :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

Regardless of where the idea came from, I really really like this idea of each of us setting our own personal goals for 2021. I made mine entirely focused on my own goals for gaming, so unlike the examples you made which are based on things that may or may not happen in the new year, mine are ones that I can strive to attempt throughout the whole year, regardless of what happens in this crazy world! :D 

I hope others make entertaining boards that aren't too easy for them to complete as well.

If you guys have a list of your potential tiles and want to randomize them up for fun like I did, write the numbers 1-24 in front of each of them, then go to this link: HERE

Type 1 in the first box, 24 in the second, and 5 columns. It will give you a bingo board without the bottom-right tile (which I swapped for the one that took up the Free Space in the middle), so you can try to make your board as fun as possible :thumbsup: 

I like the idea of trying to set personal goals for 2021 too! I took your advice and used Random.org to mix up the tiles too! I tried to include a little bit of something for every system I have. Hopefully it turned out alright!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AmbaLaBamba said:

Am I one of the only ones reading this as create a board for your gaming predictions (however wild and wacky) for 2021 and not gaming resolutions?

Is that correct? 

It says that "The tiles must be gaming related." Never says anything about predictions, even though I feel that's what Velvet is going for.

35 minutes ago, AmbaLaBamba said:

Am I one of the only ones reading this as create a board for your gaming predictions (however wild and wacky) for 2021 and not gaming resolutions?

Is that correct? 

Yeah, we weren't looking for a board of what you think you'll accomplish.

1 hour ago, AmbaLaBamba said:

Is that correct? 

53 minutes ago, Slamma said:

Yeah, we weren't looking for a board of what you think you'll accomplish.

Yeah there's not a single personal goal given in the example. That was no where near the intention of this QTE. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AmbaLaBamba said:

Okay then, I might take part in this and see what things I can come up with.

We just ask that you guys get creative with it. It can be silly, outlandish, odd, very unlikely yet still likely because 2020 has taught us that anything is possible, lol.  

1 minute ago, Velvet said:

We just ask that you guys get creative with it. It can be silly, outlandish, odd, very unlikely yet still likely because 2020 has taught us that anything is possible, lol.  

Do we win a prize if nothing on our bingo comes true... because we're failures 😂

1 hour ago, Velvet said:

Yeah there's not a single personal goal given in the example. That was no where near the intention of this QTE. 

Might want to read your own words then: 

17 hours ago, Velvet said:

:whistle: Sounds like a pretty personal sounding goal right there. Sure it's not in your example, but you did post something that is 100% personal!

I thought you were posting random stuff on your board to give us a chance to make our own trophy goals so that no ideas would be copied from your board.

2 hours ago, stgermain said:

It says that "The tiles must be gaming related." Never says anything about predictions, even though I feel that's what Velvet is going for.

And this is why I made mine the way I did. And it seems like I wasn't the only one, Kai also did the same as me (and no, we did not discuss this event at all prior to posting ours).

Well if you guys wanted predictions, you should have explicitly said so. My board is perfectly valid according to the rules on the Submission thread.  :) 

Besides, what's the first thing that comes to mind for most people on New Years? It's making a Resolution, or goals, to do in that same year.

I think having a board filled with your goals for 2021 sounds much better than making a board with random gibberish. :shrugs: I hope some others do the same with theirs as well! Especially after the previous event where some of us knew immediately that many goals were out of reach, so now we can make our own doable tiles!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Velvet said:

But to get credit for the QTE the rules state: "Throughout the year, we'll discuss and mark off any tiles that you complete. To get credit for this QTE, you just need to complete a Bingo line!". Does that mean we have to have enough correct predictions to complete a line to get credit? I'd like to be very creative but also need to make sure I still get the credit for the QTE. Don't want to go crazy and lock myself out of getting the +1. 

6 minutes ago, staytrue1985 said:

But to get credit for the QTE the rules state: "Throughout the year, we'll discuss and mark off any tiles that you complete. To get credit for this QTE, you just need to complete a Bingo line!". Does that mean we have to have enough correct predictions to complete a line to get credit? I'd like to be very creative but also need to make sure I still get the credit for the QTE. Don't want to go crazy and lock myself out of getting the +1. 

Well the discuss part is out the window now, but yeah, you just need to complete a line. So if you're sitting there thinking "I'm going to do all the tiles crazy except for this single line which will be ezpz and guaranteed", then more power to you. 

Edited by Velvet

• Slamma changed the title to PST Quick Time Event! - Bingo Dbango Board 2021 ~ Discussion
  • staytrue1985 unpinned this topic