PST 2.0 Feedback and Suggestions

Mendel

1 hour ago, Jerry Appleby said:

is there a button to change to Dark Mode on the Main Site? Because I've just been going to the forums to change to Dark/Light Mode

There isn't supposed to be an easy theme switch button at all, but it hasn't been removed from the forum side (which is a good thing based on the issue of copy/pasting sometimes copying background colors as well).

On the front page, go into your Settings, there is Dark Theme toggle there on the left menu bar.

If you and @Darth_Krid are having the same issue, perhaps y'all should compare notes. What about your browser is the same? Are you both using an outdated version of the browser? Do you have a similar extension enabled? Specific OS?

1 hour ago, Jerry Appleby said:

I use Facebook in Dark Mode on this computer and it works perfectly fine too, so it's gotta be something weird happening just here.

Each site uses its own style sheet. It doesn't mean it is an issue with the site, specifically. Something could be messing with all CSS but only having a collision issue with PST on text colors.

I know my Grammarly extension causes issues with posting on the forum, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was something enabled causing issues. Have you tried running a Private window with no extensions enabled?

1 hour ago, Slamma said:

There isn't supposed to be an easy theme switch button at all, but it hasn't been removed from the forum side

Wait so does that mean it's up for removal at some point? Because, if so, I'm going to put my name in the hat of NOT doing that and instead adding the same button for easy use on the main site. Ease of use options are never a bad thing. 

• Like 3

I’m only going by Jerry’s copy and paste (Haven’t looked on the main site. I’ll screenshot my findings later).

I’m not fussed as I never use the main site anyway. I’d rather forum features were focused on for 2.2!

Edited by Darth_Krid

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Wait so does that mean it's up for removal at some point? Because, if so, I'm going to put my name in the hat of NOT doing that and instead adding the same button for easy use on the main site. Ease of use options are never a bad thing. 

With the current issues, no it won't be removed.

Ideally, the button wouldn't be necessary to have easily accessible if there weren't issues between the two modes.

Just checked and it's all good for me both mobile/desktop.

I use Chrome on both formats and use desktop mode on mobile and i'm on the latest Android OS.

@Easty yeh the actual site colours in dark mode are 2 variants of blue (not black) and as per your post that emulates dark mode, some of those are terrible, especially when you copy text from another site and paste it. More so if you choose no to paste in plain text as you get allsorts of shading, background fill etc. Bloody awful.

8 hours ago, Slamma said:

What about your browser is the same? Are you both using an outdated version of the browser? Do you have a similar extension enabled? Specific OS?

Each site uses its own style sheet. It doesn't mean it is an issue with the site, specifically. Something could be messing with all CSS but only having a collision issue with PST on text colors.

I know my Grammarly extension causes issues with posting on the forum, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was something enabled causing issues. Have you tried running a Private window with no extensions enabled?

I have no idea what any of that stuff means or how to find it, I'm not computer savvy like you guys. :p

How about this:

Is there a way to keep our own preferences, like say Light Mode permanently for Main Site and Dark for forums? Because if that was doable, I may consider using the Main Site again. Otherwise, I'll just never use the main site and use a different site for guides, which is what I'm doing currently.

Also I think you should add a Light/Dark Mode switch on the Main Page for easier accessibility, as making things easier for other users is never a bad thing!

Dear To Whom It May Concern,

I just want to start by saying thank you so much for providing such a great site.  Whenever I needed to find out how to unlock a trophy this site has very clear and detailed trophy descriptions.  The site is always the highest result in a Google search which is very well deserved.  Compared to other sites' trophy guides this site is the best.

Recently, I found out this site added a new automated trophy tracking feature from a Reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Trophies/comments/m6df3i/other_what_are_all_the_trophy_tracking_websites/

I was glad to see that my profile was being automatically updated since I only made an account months ago to try to get a boosting session for a trophy or two.  However, I found 2 odd items in this new feature.

1. My profile stopped being updated after August 4.  I've earned more trophies since August 4.  Is something wrong with the auto update?
2. The Batman franchise count in my profile is off.  Based on some math with the trophies possible vs how many my profile says I have, I think the Batman Arkham Asylum isn't being counted as part of the Batman franchise.  71 (City) + 110 (Knight) + 63 (Origins) = 244 Is there something wrong with the counts?

My sincerest apologies if this is being worked and I'm just adding onto the stress of ironing out the kinks in this new feature.  I was just trying to be helpful.  I wanted to bring up these two items in case they might have been overlooked and/or others may be experiencing the same issues.  Sorry, I don't post much and don't know who is who on the forums.

Thank you so much for your time.

22 hours ago, Skip123456 said:

My sincerest apologies if this is being worked and I'm just adding onto the stress of ironing out the kinks in this new feature.  I was just trying to be helpful.  I wanted to bring up these two items in case they might have been overlooked and/or others may be experiencing the same issues.  Sorry, I don't post much and don't know who is who on the forums.

Thank you so much for your time.

No need to apologize, these are the kinds of things we're looking for. We'll take a look and see if there's anything obvious that needs fixing.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, Skip123456 said:

1. My profile stopped being updated after August 4.  I've earned more trophies since August 4.  Is something wrong with the auto update?

A bug was found in the code which was preventing your profile from being updated. The coder will be adding some new code to correct this. Depending on how long it takes to get the code working, your profile will get updated soon. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

EDIT: Bada-bing, bada-boom... the fix is in and your profile is now updated. Thanks again!!!

On 8/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, Skip123456 said:

2. The Batman franchise count in my profile is off.  Based on some math with the trophies possible vs how many my profile says I have, I think the Batman Arkham Asylum isn't being counted as part of the Batman franchise.  71 (City) + 110 (Knight) + 63 (Origins) = 244 Is there something wrong with the counts?

This has been corrected. Your profile now shows the correct total of 292 trophies for Batman. You were right that Arkham Asylum was not tagged under the "Batman" franchise. It also allowed to us to see that a few others games were missing for Batman and one other was mistagged as Batman. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

On 7/28/2021 at 8:44 PM, SoPoF said:

iOS, Safari, iPad Air 2

Sorry, was off for a bit. I logged in now and the script text was not shown, worked like it should, I think.

And it‘s back again. It‘s no big deal for me as the user, since it vanishes by simply reloading the main page; just telling you in case you don‘t want me or who ever else experiences the issue to see that site.

Just noticed that under my Game Info that the franchise info count is off...

I have God of War and The Walking Dead with five (5) each and they are the 4th and 5th entries on my list. The Far Cry franchise is not listed...

I just completed by my count...a 6th game in the Far Cry series...FC3, FC4, FC5, FC3 Blood Dragon, FC Primal and FC New Dawn. Unless Blood Dragon doesn't count as a separate entry...

Ignore this post if Blood Dragon doesn't count as a separate entry...

8 minutes ago, sum1_worsethan_u said:

Just noticed that under my Game Info that the franchise info count is off...

I have God of War and The Walking Dead with five (5) each and they are the 4th and 5th entries on my list. The Far Cry franchise is not listed...

I just completed by my count...a 6th game in the Far Cry series...FC3, FC4, FC5, FC3 Blood Dragon, FC Primal and FC New Dawn. Unless Blood Dragon doesn't count as a separate entry...

Ignore this post if Blood Dragon doesn't count as a separate entry...

I have fixed this, the Far Cry franchise now shows 8 completed games for ya. Thanks for bringing this to attention!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Slamma said:

I have fixed this, the Far Cry franchise now shows 8 completed games for ya. Thanks for bringing this to attention!

Thanks so much for checking into this...and I hate to bring this up now...but now I'm thinking that I should have 9 titles in the Ratchet and Clank franchise. It's not listed on my most played franchises at all...

And is POWGI considered a franchise? I've completed 16 of those games...

Edited by sum1_worsethan_u

4 hours ago, sum1_worsethan_u said:

Thanks so much for checking into this...and I hate to bring this up now...but now I'm thinking that I should have 9 titles in the Ratchet and Clank franchise. It's not listed on my most played franchises at all...

I don't think POWGI is considered a franchise because that's short for Mr. Powgi. It'd be along the lines of making Hideo Kojima a franchise and including all the games he worked on under it. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sum1_worsethan_u said:

3 hours ago, Alindawyl said:

I also don't have Ratchet & Clank listed under franchises, and I've got 100% in all of them except the Vita ports.

We'll get R&C fixed too, thanks y'all.

5 hours ago, sum1_worsethan_u said:

I was considering POWGI yesterday. Seems some of the games are tagged as a "POWGI" franchise... enough that it should have shown in some people's top 5 (mine, for instance), yet they aren't showing - so there might be some issue with tagged franchises not being recognized that I'm asking to be looked into...

There are 93 stacks of POWGI games so I'm sure that would dominate a lot of people's Top 5 Franchises, probably. But, like V said, POWGI isn't really a "franchise" in the traditional sense of the word. Just a bunch of different puzzle games that were created by the same "Mr. Powgi" name. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iLion said:

Is it just me or does the ‘select all’ option on text not work when quoting a post? As in I want to select all of my text but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

If you are doing this on mobile, you need to zoom out and allow it to select/give you the option if i'm understanding what you are saying.

Fiddly at first, but you get used to it.

7 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

If you are doing this on mobile, you need to zoom out and allow it to select/give you the option if i'm understanding what you are saying.

Fiddly at first, but you get used to it.

I’m on my iPad. The option does pop up to select or select all but upon clicking select all it doesn’t actually do anything. Obviously isn’t a big deal but seems a bit odd.

4 hours ago, iLion said:

Is it just me or does the ‘select all’ option on text not work when quoting a post? As in I want to select all of my text but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Yeah select all doesn’t do anything for me either. I can manually select everything, but the “select all” choice does nothing. :shrugs:

I think it might have to do with the quote itself. If there is no quote, select all works fine.