Jump to content

 

PST 2.0 Feedback and Suggestions


Mendel
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Aboelsas said:

Hello as a person who is new to guide writing i noticed that some games that have multiple trophy list on multiple console (PS4/PS5) or from a different region (US/EU/JP) only have one guide although they are having an identical trophy list. the ones that come to mind from a personal experience are

  • Star Wars Fallen Jedi having been recently release on PS5 but the guide is only available when you open the PS4 version. (I wrote the guide btw 😄)
  • Disco Elysium guide by mendal is only available on the PS4 page and not on the PS5 version of the game. (been playing the game recently).

 

I just ask can we merge games with identical guides because it might be misleading when you open a game and not find the guide when it is there but on  a different version of its trophy list.

 

Definitely, the plan is to eventually automate it so that a guide will appear on every version of a game but its something we can do better in the mean time. Thanks for the reminder.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rather than making a separate thread I'll just throw this quick question out here... How do I set my psnprofiles trophy card as my signature? It only shows up as a picture when you click on it, it doesn't take me to my psnprofiles page like it used to do before the site change. I vaguely remember someone else having this issue but I can't remember what the solution is. Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Rather than making a separate thread I'll just throw this quick question out here... How do I set my psnprofiles trophy card as my signature? It only shows up as a picture when you click on it, it doesn't take me to my psnprofiles page like it used to do before the site change. I vaguely remember someone else having this issue but I can't remember what the solution is. Thanks in advance!

 

 

Can you not copy the image Link and click on the Image and than on the Link button to Add a Link to the Image?

 

barra333.png

 

Like this?

 

 

EDIT: Works fine. I used Barras Sig with my Link :D

Edited by Meikoro
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Rather than making a separate thread I'll just throw this quick question out here... How do I set my psnprofiles trophy card as my signature? It only shows up as a picture when you click on it, it doesn't take me to my psnprofiles page like it used to do before the site change. I vaguely remember someone else having this issue but I can't remember what the solution is. Thanks in advance!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far PST 2.0 has been doing well and I really like it. But what concerns me about PST 2.0 right now is that the 0% trophy lists I've deleted on my PS4 are still registered on My Stats as "Played Games" and it triggers my OCD a little bit (LOL). Are you guys working on a way to have the tracker take off the deleted trophy set from "Played Games"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, manhncheese said:

So far PST 2.0 has been doing well and I really like it. But what concerns me about PST 2.0 right now is that the 0% trophy lists I've deleted on my PS4 are still registered on My Stats as "Played Games" and it triggers my OCD a little bit (LOL). Are you guys working on a way to have the tracker take off the deleted trophy set from "Played Games"?

I'm sure that's something we can look into.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if it is my profile or the mobile version, but PST is not working properly for me, the last trophy registered is a RE:VILLAGE one, obtained back in May, but I have played other games and gotten other trophies that are not automatically being updated in my trophy guide. I have switched the settings to manual tracking, but by doing that I had to manually track some trophies that were automatically tracked before... WTH???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Camilito999 said:

I don’t know if it is my profile or the mobile version, but PST is not working properly for me, the last trophy registered is a RE:VILLAGE one, obtained back in May, but I have played other games and gotten other trophies that are not automatically being updated in my trophy guide. I have switched the settings to manual tracking, but by doing that I had to manually track some trophies that were automatically tracked before... WTH???

We found out yesterday that there was a change made on Sony’s end that messed up some of the tracking. The site coder is working to get this resolved ASAP. 

 

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

When PST 2.0 was released ive wrote here many feedbacks. Answers for some of that were like "yes you re right we, will fix this soon etc etc blablabla". Now after many months nothing changed. This forum is still a total mess. I'm using psnpprofiles as my primary resource (while before PST 2.0, it was my 2nd choice). And im not the only. On new released games there are more posts on psnp than here (while was the opposite). Nothing strange considering tons of already released games are still in the "upcoming" section. I also noticed that now, when i google trophy guides, those from psnp are very often of top while before those at first place was always PST. Congrats! This forum is the perfect example of how ruining something perfect by updating it at any cost!

Edited by XpanderFX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

When PST 2.0 was released ive wrote here many feedbacks. Answers for some of that were like "yes you re right we, will fix this soon etc etc blablabla". Now after many months nothing changed. This forum is still a total mess. I'm using psnpprofiles as my primary resource (while before PST 2.0, it was my 2nd choice). And im not the only. On new released games there are more posts on psnp than here (while was the opposite). Nothing strange considering tons of already released games are still in the "upcoming" section. I also noticed that now, when i google trophy guides, those from psnp are very often of top while before those at first place was always PST. Congrats! This forum is the perfect example of how ruining something perfect by updating it at any cost!

Your most recent "feedback" had to do with forum guides, which has been addressed multiple times. This isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure, if the only feedback you're interested in giving is that you're no longer happy with the site, that isn't something we can really use. The site continues to be updated, but if other sites are a better fit for you, all the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Mendel said:

Your most recent "feedback" had to do with forum guides, which has been addressed multiple times. This isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure, if the only feedback you're interested in giving is that you're no longer happy with the site, that isn't something we can really use. The site continues to be updated, but if other sites are a better fit for you, all the best.

 

ive already wrote whats goin wrong several times. main problem is that most of the screen is occupied by blank spaces and by user signs. while relevant content its maybe 20% of the total. Continuos scrolling is needed to jump from one info to another.

What concerns my "departure": there are 2 kinds of persons. first, most of them, if dont like something, simply goes away without saying nothing. second, like me, complains, tell whats going wrong, then leaves. if i had a business of any kind i would prefer the 2nd kind as they help me to get better and avoid future "departures". problem is that most "business owners" dont like such people (google reviews and tripadvisor are the proof) because are certain his business is already okm but then complains customers leaves... here it seems to be the same, so my question is: what this feedback section is for? now my gate is closing so i have to hurry. ill back from time to time hoping something gets better as i like this forum. but i doubt it will happens ever. seems forum is ok while im the wrong one

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add to that: @Mendel, your salty “ maybe this site isn’t for you” that seems to be your go-to reply for the past months/years isn’t really endearing anybody to stay either.

 

For years we’ve heard how tirelessly the staff is working to keep this afloat and how the community’s complaints were getting old and we can either wait for the great new things to come or fuck right off.

 

Often coupled with some personal snipes at ppl’s negativity & thread-closure.

 

So the result is now, tons of ppl don’t even say a word anymore. They just follow your advice and stay away.

 

As after the great unveil this site just seemed to have gotten a lot worse but there was zero discussion about it I assumed it’d just be me.

 

But @Darth_Krid’s recent comment how maybe it’d be better to simply revert back to the old site showed me that obviously everybody is thinking it. Ppl just leave in silence.

 

So how do you justify to have sold this great upgrade to everybody when you (by that I mean all staff) knew very well that this is not really going to be a change for the better FOR THE COMMUNITY?

I get that the old site was unmanageable for the staff but what’s staff gonna easily update this site for now when your community is gone?

 

Have you guys honestly anticipated the users to be happier with the new place? After testing it out beforehand?

 

This place is 30% of psnp in looks and functionality. Everything that makes psnp work does not work here.

 

I’d really be interested in how this is supposed to be turned around anymore.

Truth be told, that tired old “just be patient for the next tier of update” doesn’t convince me at all. What exactly is suddenly going to make this site user-friendly? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@hBLOXsThere seems to be a misunderstanding. At no point has my attitude been "if you don't like it, leave". The implication of that is that we're no longer willing or able to update or implement any feedback, which isn't the case. I've personally responded to dozens of posts offering criticism or feedback, publicly or in PMs, from some of our biggest malcontents, and haven't told any of them to leave.

 

A great example is the manual checklists. After a ton of users came out of the woodwork to tell us that manual, printable checklists were the only thing bringing them back to the site, no one told them to leave or to simply be happy with the changes. We worked with those people to come up with a solution.

 

What you, @hBLOXsmay not be aware of but I am is that the user you're defending has made up to half a dozen posts since the site update, under the guise of feedback, saying "this site sucks now, you've ruined the site, PSNP is better," or something to that effect. After one post, message received. Four, five, six times, you're not giving me anything to work with, and if you just need me to know that, again, message received. I have little patience for incivility, and maybe it's a generational thing, but there are people who apparently feel entitled to be rude and insulting as a way of offering feedback, and the staff isn't obligated to take that with a smile.

 

If you or anyone else have been turned off of the site because of what is at worst a passive aggressive response, I'm genuinely sorry, and I'm happy to discuss it publicly or privately. You're welcome to provide any feedback you want, and while things unfortunately take time when one person is doing the actual coding behind the scenes, issues are being addressed and compiled as they come up. Unfortunately addressing that feedback has to be done in a way that prioritizes certain issues over others, but I am also a user of the site and have certainly been in the position of a consumer in the past, and realize that asking for patience does little to satisfy the dissatisfied.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well to be fair even www.trophies.de works and looks better than This Masterpiece 2.0

 

I said it before and a few other have mentioned it. The Main Problem now is the Forum Software and the not Impliment of new Guides in the Forum Section Anymore. This results in a messy upcomming games Section that no one cars about anymore. So no one Posts there anymore.

 

My Solution is: Turn off upcomming Games complete and take a link to the new Guides on the mainsite.

Or get Things right and sort all Out. I don't think a Forum downgrade would be good if you planning on more Features comming (back). But the Whole System on the Main Site and Forum don't work well together for now. And thats was something the Old Site works perfect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meikoro said:

Well to be fair even www.trophies.de works and looks better than This Masterpiece 2.0

 

I said it before and a few other have mentioned it. The Main Problem now is the Forum Software and the not Impliment of new Guides in the Forum Section Anymore. This results in a messy upcomming games Section that no one cars about anymore. So no one Posts there anymore.

 

My Solution is: Turn off upcomming Games complete and take a link to the new Guides on the mainsite.

Or get Things right and sort all Out. I don't think a Forum downgrade would be good if you planning on more Features comming (back). But the Whole System on the Main Site and Forum don't work well together for now. And thats was something the Old Site works perfect.

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is that you're describing. What does having the guides in one centralized place have to do with the Upcoming Games forum?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Mendel said:

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is that you're describing. What does having the guides in one centralized place have to do with the Upcoming Games forum?

 

 

 

Im not good at eplaining in english this. But either cut one down or do it right. On Trophies.de or psnp there is no such thing as upcomming Games Sub Forums. Just all in the Normal A-Z Categories. So there will be no complain in moving the threads in the Right postion later. Anyway no new Guides on the Forum is also a negativ Point i was saying before. Can not be that hard to copy the Guide from the Main Site  to the Forum and otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Meikoro said:

 

Im not good at eplaining in english this. But either cut one down or do it right. On Trophies.de or psnp there is no such thing as upcomming Games Sub Forums. Just all in the Normal A-Z Categories. So there will be no complain in moving the threads in the Right postion later. Anyway no new Guides on the Forum is also a negativ Point i was saying before. Can not be that hard to copy the Guide from the Main Site  to the Forum and otherwise.

It isn't a difficulty issue, it's both streamlining the guide writing/submission/editing process and making use of the guide features on the front page. There's no reason to have two versions of the same guide that need to both be updated and maintained individually anymore. I understand struggling to adjust with a new system after it's been a certain way for so long, but I'm not understanding the problem.

 

As for upcoming games, historically people have enjoyed having the games listed as forums so that they can see a list of games, some of which they may not be aware have been announced. Admittedly they don't get a ton of posts, but I'm failing to see why their existence is a problem on its own. We're talking about fixing net negatives here, if it's going to be listed as a reason why the site is somehow failing to meet expectations, there needs to be a reason why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no Problem at all with the Site, but manny others as you know. I just was sugesting some clean up and shortens Things thats clearly not on the priority, such as moving these threads in the supposed Forums later when games get released or copy the Guide on that Forum whats used to be. I mean trophies.de and other Forums has Update their Softwares too at some point and there was not so much critic than here it seems. Maybe Users just need to be used to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who's voiced his opinion on these matters more than once...I still think the the changes to these forums were absolutely necessary. The idea of people leaving, PSNP taking over, a lack of guides...this has been a thing for a lot longer than the current site update...it's been this way for years, it's the whole reason this place needed an update in the first place....to say we should revert back wouldn't help anything. 

 

But I understand concerns as well. This new update was meant to roll out in phases, and 8 months later, we're barely done with Phase 2. I just feel like priorities were in the wrong place...at least after we realized how long the automatic tracker was going to take. We had manual tracking, that was fine...I think getting the site and forum back in complete working order, so all staff could do what they had to do should have been fixed first...the automatic tracker could have waited if those other things wouldn't take an unusually long amount of time. 

 

As for the upcoming games section, I've always liked that...it's just strange how a lot of games don't move out of that section anymore long after release. So was there a staff member who had the job of moving games from there to the proper sub-forum and they left or something? 

 

Speaking of...if there's staff positions that need to be filled for anything (even something new), maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to fill those spots? There's plenty of members left here (myself included) who'd actually like to help if we can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Viper said:

As someone who's voiced his opinion on these matters more than once...I still think the the changes to these forums were absolutely necessary. The idea of people leaving, PSNP taking over, a lack of guides...this has been a thing for a lot longer than the current site update...it's been this way for years, it's the whole reason this place needed an update in the first place....to say we should revert back wouldn't help anything. 

 

But I understand concerns as well. This new update was meant to roll out in phases, and 8 months later, we're barely done with Phase 2. I just feel like priorities were in the wrong place...at least after we realized how long the automatic tracker was going to take. We had manual tracking, that was fine...I think getting the site and forum back in complete working order, so all staff could do what they had to do should have been fixed first...the automatic tracker could have waited if those other things wouldn't take an unusually long amount of time. 

 

As for the upcoming games section, I've always liked that...it's just strange how a lot of games don't move out of that section anymore long after release. So was there a staff member who had the job of moving games from there to the proper sub-forum and they left or something? 

 

Speaking of...if there's staff positions that need to be filled for anything (even something new), maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to fill those spots? There's plenty of members left here (myself included) who'd actually like to help if we can. 

I think it's worth pointing out that the lack of guides is something we've gotten a lot better at. Some members have really stepped up with guide creation, and the staff have had guides up for nearly every big release this year into last year.

 

Unfortunately the initial launch didn't go as intended. Bad timing on the part of the update and the new consoles/the changes that came with them, the manual checklist thing, this newest change on Sony's end, and several new features have been waiting on a forum software update that just recently went live, which RX has been testing in the background this past week. In hindsight we could have done things differently, but we'll get back on track.

 

The staff member that was in charge of moving games out of upcoming was and is largely me, with help from POD. He's been busy of late, and other forum stuff has taken my attention, so for that, apologies. I've asked a staff member to help compile a list of forums that need moving, we're going to try to automate that to a degree in future, and I'll try to stay on top of it more.

 

Expanding the staff is definitely something we'll look at in future, probably sooner than later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mendel said:

The staff member that was in charge of moving games out of upcoming was and is largely me,

I would argue that your time is wasted doing stuff like that when you have higher level admin stuff to worry about. You could have one or two folks whos sole job is to make sure that games get moved from upcoming to the right place, and create the time/difficulty polls at the same time (saving Slamma too).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Barra333 said:

I would argue that your time is wasted doing stuff like that when you have higher level admin stuff to worry about. You could have one or two folks whos sole job is to make sure that games get moved from upcoming to the right place, and create the time/difficulty polls at the same time (saving Slamma too).

 

exactly. especially when there are staff who don't even log into the site anymore 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know this thread has many negative things in it, some constructive and some not, but I just wanted to say that overall I like the changes to the forum and the site. I am most definitely NOT thinking that it should be reverted back to the old site. Yes, things weren't rolled out perfectly, but whatever. I'm over 50 years old and have seen far worse forum/site changes in my time.

 

As one example, the forum is better when I'm on PC but many orders of magnitude better when on my phone.  Could the forum fill more of the screen horizontally when I view it on my PC than it does currently? Yes. Did I even notice it before reading that guy's rant from yesterday? No. Would scrolling a bit less while reading the forum on PC would be good? Maybe? Really don't care one way or the other.

 

As another example, I prefer having the guides on the main site instead of the forum. Getting used to the different formatting wasn't immediate, but then it's not like guides on other sites are formatted the same as the ones here. I can switch back and forth between guides on different trophy sites just fine.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alindawyl said:

As one example, the forum is better when I'm on PC but many orders of magnitude better when on my phone.  

 

I have to disagree hard with you on this. Browsing the site on mobile is extremely bare-bones. No signatures, no awards (whenever they come back), limited text options like not being able to change text colour etc. That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a lot more I'm missing. Readability, spacing etc. might be better on mobile, but apart from that the experience on mobile (what I use 80% of the time!) is poor. I've grown used to it though so it is what it is. If I NEED to do something that isn't available to me using mobile I'll just hop on the laptop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...