What are you willing to pay for PS5?

GearsOfTheDead

The prices right now are outrageous on the secondary market for a PS5. I can't believe how many people are paying $1000 for a $400/$500 console! Ebay is insane right now. People toss in games and controllers and now it goes for $1500? What???

I'm not going to fight for a PS5. I won't wait in line, nor pay more than suggested retail. I have no doubt PS5 is amazing, just not amazing enough to pay extra for it. 😕

You can buy a photo of the PS5 for more than the retail price 🤦‍♀️

I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for the PS5 if it was available. I wasn't going to pay the current price for it and most of the games that interest me are also available on the PS4. 

I paid £300 (maybe £350?) for the PS4. I'll see what the first price drop offers.

Definitely no more than the retail price. Fuck scalpers. 😕

I work in a game store and it's so odd having multiple customers call seriously asking if we think they are getting a good deal if they meet some random dude of Craigslist or Kijiji in an alley and pay $2000, which is more than triple the price of the system. Why would anyone think that is safe or a reasonable price to pay?! 😬

• Like 1

If I had a gun to my head? Retail. 

But even then, the whole reason I'm waiting is to get a nice discount on the disc version. I paid $330 for my first PS4 in 2015 from eBay, this was before it got its first price drop and was still lower than the first price drop it got ($350). Paid $286 for my PS4 Pro in January this year (also from eBay). So I'll probably start looking for some discount around this time next year. Ideally I would get a disc version for somewhere under $400, but that would be extremely lucky. 

I'd quit gaming before I ever paid scalper prices. No console is worth that...ever. And anyone paying those prices, whether they have the money or not, should be ashamed of themselves. 

Edited by Viper

21 hours ago, Kai PST said:

Definitely no more than the retail price. Fuck scalpers. 😕

I work in a game store and it's so odd having multiple customers call seriously asking if we think they are getting a good deal if they meet some random dude of Craigslist or Kijiji in an alley and pay $2000, which is more than triple the price of the system. Why would anyone think that is safe or a reasonable price to pay?! 😬

This ^

In no rush now after seeing all the scalpers.  I'd rather wait until they have a 2TB hard drive anyway.  :)

I already had the console at launch but it makes sense to me why avid gamers would pay a lot more than the retail price for the console if they are going to use it frequently and until the next gen.

In my country which is located at the GCC the official price for the PS5 is 600$ and scalpers price for the console don't exceed 800$ because nobody pays more than that unlike what's happening in the US.

A lot of people pay 1000$+ a year for a machine that gives them Twitter and WhatApp machine on their pocket and it's normal.

In the end anything about spending money is subjective.

Edited by T H A B I T

I'm barely willing to pay RRP, let alone the fleaBay prices 🤣

On 12/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, Steelertown said:

I was looking on ebay and alot of people are selling the empty boxes lol.  Seen them sell for $25-$50.  

That's $50 for a Christmas prank which is guaranteed to back fire and end in tears :p

Edited by Metdevil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no problem paying retail price for a PS5. I paid retail price for the PS2, PS3 and PS4 and got so many years out of enjoyment/functionality out of each system.

That said, I won't pay $1 more than retail price on the secondary market.

Reasons being:there are just not that many games that are PS5 exclusive that I have any desire of playing right now... and I don't feel like going thru the hassle of getting something from a 3rd party when I can just wait a few months and walk into a retailer and grab it off a shelf or put it in a virtual cart.

Edited by osubuckeye420

I'm willing to pay retail price which is not that high. I still won't buy the first model, the way I see it lately getting anyhting on day 1 is running the risk of paying full price for a beta test these days. I'm more than happy to wait if it means I'll get a system with less problems

Edited by jvaferreira

• 4 months later...

Bought mine from a scalper, payed like ~100$ above the retail price according to the current exchange rate of my national currency (PLN/Poland). Not a bad move, as the warranty started on the day I got my hands on the hardware & considering that since I bought it shops even raised the price about 26+$ (whenever it's is available that is).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at the point where I feel my best chance of getting one is through one of those Gamestop bundles. They tend to stay available a little longer. Plus I got a $200 gift card for Christmas, so I basically have to buy it from there haha. I have enough for a non-bundle PS5, but I'll need to work out the extra ~$200 to get a bundle. So when the Gamestop in walking distance from me reopens in three weeks, I'll probably trade in my PS4Pro (currently $200). Then hopefully I'll be able to snag one of those bundles the next time they go live. It's silly, but the extra controller and the games would've likely been gotten anyways.

So that's where I'm at haha.

I was part of that Amazon debacle a couple days ago where it kept telling people in the US that it couldn't ship to their address...took them over an hour to fix it on their end, and when they did they were all gone. Apparently they weren't shipping to the US, but the US Store wasn't reflecting that. 

Really hate that the market is in this state right now. It's a damn shame. 

Edited by Viper