• 11-15 Hours
    • 16-20 Hours
    • 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

• Slamma changed the title to Estimated Platinum Difficulty and Time to Platinum
  • 1 month later...

Voted a 3 and about 25 hours - Could be an even faster plat if you aren't trying to go for the Golden Crown right off the bat. 

Having played all the LBP games it was easy to know where to find certain bubbles and Ripsnorter is a lot easier than people first think; the trick is to actually take your time (and controlling the tilt tiles works muuuuuch better/faster/easier when you bind it to right stick). The hardest part is finding a parter (who is connection stable) for the co op missions

Edit: I enjoyed the game so much I replayed it on PS4 - Plat took me 11 hours using a second controller

Edited by Dipsy

• 1 year later...

Think I voted 4. The key for the final challenge is to not rush as counter intuitive as that seems. It's hard to know how fast you have to go, so if you go too fast you'll make more mistakes when you have more time than you think to actually do it. It's still pretty challenging at times and requires a bit more out of you than you'd expect from a "kid's game" (ironically more than a lot of games aimed at older audiences like Spider-Man, even God of War and Horizon). 

• 4 months later...

6/10 for me. 

Fun and easy game for the most part but as other mentioned completing the Ripsnorter challenge is quite the task and certainly pushes the platinum dificulty up by a few notches.    Still, with enough practice of each individual segment you'll manage to get through it eventually,  it's certainly not  Super Meat Boy hard.  

• 2 months later...

It’s hard to rate the difficulty of this game, it is very skill-dependant.

For me to do it solo, I would give it a solid 8/10. I had a horrible time with the ripsnorter. I felt like luck was a big factor and I could not get consistent. On top of that, it made me like the game whole lot less, so I was lacking the will to get good at this trial. 

The rest of the game is a 3 or 4/10.

But you can also make ripsnorter a cheese. You can get the trophy in multiplayer and there are some great players on this forum willing to help others.

It took me around 40 hours to get the platinum.

The game isn’t bad and fun with friends or family, but the end-game levels and ripsnorter are a way too big spike in difficulty. And that is something I don’t really understand. This is portrayed as a kid’s game, why make it so difficult? The game looks easy, but isn’t :(