• 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

qh2g7UB.png
and
9uNRreI.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the platinum.
  6. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  7. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the platinum.
  8. Vote with honesty and integrity.

It's an easy platinum. 2/10 difficulty with 10-16 hours needed. You can technically play on the easiest difficulty and there is nothing missable as you can replay missions. There are a few trophies that you want to be aware of early so you don't have to grind (most of them are combat related that may not come organically - depending on your style). Also, NG+ can be played on any difficulty and you can focus on main story and skipping cutscenes (where available) to cut down the time. 

Gave it a 2 out of 10 because playing on the easiest difficulty makes even the 100x combo trophy easy.  

Took me between 15 and 20 hours to platinum.  Well worth it.  It's a free PS5 platinum if you do it on PS4 first too since you can upload your save from PS4 ingame and download it in the PS5 version menu to pop all the trophies.  Remaster of the first one works the same way.

Edited by snake2410

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As others have stated, a 2 is fair, with about 15-20 hours required for the Platimum. It would be about half of that if a New Game Plus playthrough wasn’t required. Essentially, if you have the Plat for Spider-Man (2018), you’ll have no problem with this. 

lol...who voted a 7? 

Edited by Miadaskate

• 3 weeks later...

Having previously platinumed Spider-Man on the PS4 I played on the hardest difficulty settings for both playthroughs and still found it relatively easy. The only slightly difficult trophy was the 100 hit combo on the first playthrough but on New Game+ it was achieved within 30 minutes with all the additional skills unlocked. I give it a 3/10 for difficulty if you came to it without prior experience and I spent around 20 hours playing the game to completion, it could of been less but I was really enjoying myself so took my time.

• 2 weeks later...

2/10, if playing on the easiest difficulty. Did my first playthrough on the second easiest and it was still easy, then NG+ on easiest and it was a joke.

Probably around 15-18 hours. Not a ton of collectibles/crimes and other pointless stuff like the main Spiderman game, which is mostly why I prefer this one. NG+ is totally unnecessary, but at least the game is thankfully very short.

Also the game is really stunning on the PS5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

2+/10 difficulty & 16-20hrs, played on Normal (Amazing) both playthroughs.

Already got a plat & 100% in base Spider-Man on PS4 so I knew hot to approach this DLC (let's be honest, it is what it is). New heavy enemies along with a spam of normal/sword ones felt overwhelming at times, just because I ignored most of venom powers for the majority of my 1st playthrough (when got used to them I steam-rolled the opposition flat through NG+ on normal). Not getting hit while stoping a car in a crime side-activity was rather annoying as well.

• 2 months later...

Went for 3/10 . The base story is no issue, especially if you play on Friendly Neighborhood. Personally played on a mixture of 'Amazing' and 'Spectacular' and only the second Rhino fight caused me any issues (his 'fire floor' attack was REALLY annoying when trying to power up the engines in the second phase). 

Finding a suitable spot for the 100x combo took a little while and the 'stolen car' bonus requirement was annoying to get.

Fun game though, if a little short (though i felt the original dragged on a bit too long so...) 

My quickest platinum on a AAA title in terms of getting the game and getting the trophy 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gave it a 3/10 since I was doing everything on Spectacular for most of the game. It could easily be a 2/10 though. Easy enough game. The 100x combo was frustrating to do on Spectacular without cheesing it.

16-20 hours is a fair assessment.

Loved the game mechanics and combat. Really a step up from the PS4 Spider-man. The story was lacking though. Phin was a poorly developed and very uninteresting villain for me.

• 1 month later...

2/10, 16-20 hours. 

The story is quite short and isn't all that hard, especially since there are no difficulty-related trophies. A decent amount of side content for the size of the game, I'd say my first 100% playthrough was around 12-14 hours, and NG+ was around maybe 3-4 hours, and I didn't rush at any point. Great game with incredible graphics, winter New York is very fun to swing around in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...