Welcome to the New PST

Mendel

Yes, there was a forum software upgrade completed this weekend that enabled 'Achievements'. What is shown right now is the software's defaults. If you go to your forum profile, you can see 'Your Achievements' which will show your Rank (which is that little icon on your profile picture), your Badges (which will hopefully be our 'Site Awards') and reputation, which we don't have enabled so mostly everyone is at 10.

This upgrade was just put in this weekend, so it'll take a bit of time to test out the new system and get all the old awards handed out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MickeyMix said:

Going to miss the User Ranks that we could customise. Gave everyone their own identity to go alongside signatures. Shame but it is what it is. 

The forum upgrade just completed over the weekend so we haven't had a chance to look into the new features, including these new rankings. From what I've read, there is a bit of customization that can be done so we'll look into bringing back more customized ranks as well instead of the default ones.

5 minutes ago, honda hoe said:

RIP to my half assed completionist title :(

Ohhhhhhh I didn't realize that was missing... Yeah, those seem to have been disabled by the upgrade. We'll look that as well. I would imagine that - at this point - if we can get those back they will be a Subscriber benefit when those get rolled out again. We'll talk about it.

27 minutes ago, Slamma said:

Ohhhhhhh I didn't realize that was missing... Yeah, those seem to have been disabled by the upgrade. We'll look that as well. I would imagine that - at this point - if we can get those back they will be a Subscriber benefit when those get rolled out again. We'll talk about it.

this upsets me :classic_angry:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ryukori said:

It seems like with the new ranking system, we have to start all over. For example, someone with less than 100 posts who made more posts since the ranking system was implemented is going to be a higher rank than a longtime member with over 5000 posts that hasn't made any new posts yet.

Yeah, this just got put in over the weekend so we haven't had time to explore the customization options. I'm not sure if there is a retroactive way of applying user rank points. The ranking is not solely based on number of posts made with the default system (which is what is in place at the moment). Don't be surprised to see it changed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ryukori said:

It seems like with the new ranking system, we have to start all over. For example, someone with less than 100 posts who made more posts since the ranking system was implemented is going to be a higher rank than a longtime member with over 5000 posts that hasn't made any new posts yet.

Enjoying being a newbie tbh 🤣

4 hours ago, Slamma said:

Yes, there was a forum software upgrade completed this weekend that enabled 'Achievements'. What is shown right now is the software's defaults. If you go to your forum profile, you can see 'Your Achievements' which will show your Rank (which is that little icon on your profile picture), your Badges (which will hopefully be our 'Site Awards') and reputation, which we don't have enabled so mostly everyone is at 10.

This upgrade was just put in this weekend, so it'll take a bit of time to test out the new system and get all the old awards handed out.

Cheers for the year-one badge. :drunk: On Xboxachievements.com I've joined since 2009.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pbiq6bqgwwowl9wsjv

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

So how exactly do you rank up? Is it just post count related? Slamma over here at level 5 already.

Ways :shrugs:

There are points assigned to certain actions and I've no clue what they actually are. But, I wouldn't get too attached to it in any case as I'm sure we will be tweaking them. I mean... in only one day I've gone from noob to whatever it is now. If we are going to continue using these as a ranking system, then it probably could use some adjusting.

Hmmm, then if it's possible to change the badge image. You could actually use these like the whole trophy based user rank icons from the old site. Maybe use the new badges from PS5 to represent your rank? And since there's only 10 of those, you could use the actual trophies to represent the last rank in that set before the next? 

So you'd have say a Hidden Trophy for rank 1 (H) 

then rank 2 gets the Bronze 1 badge from PSN

Then Rank 5 gets the Classic Bronze Trophy (B) 

Rank 6 gets the new style Bronze trophy

Then Rank 7 would be Silver 1 badge from PSN

With Max rank being the new Platinum?

So it'd be like 18 total ranks:

1. Hidden Trophy

2. Bronze 1

3. Bronze 2

4. Bronze 3

5. Classic Bronze trophy

6. New Bronze Trophy

7. Silver 1

8. Silver 2

9. Silver 3

10. Classic Silver Trophy

11. New Silver Trophy

12. Gold 1

13. Gold 2

14. Gold 3

15. Classic Gold Trophy

16. New Gold Trophy

17. Classic Platinum Trophy

18. New Platinum Trophy

I don't know, just a suggestion. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

Hmmm, then if it's possible to change the badge image. You could actually use these like the whole trophy based user rank icons from the old site. Maybe use the new badges from PS5 to represent your rank? And since there's only 10 of those, you could use the actual trophies to represent the last rank in that set before the next? 

* a suggestion *

I don't know, just a suggestion.

Yes, something like that would mimic what we had going before and would be the ideal path forward.

Just a matter of testing it all out.

17 minutes ago, Viper said:

Maybe use the new badges from PS5 to represent your rank? And since there's only 10 of those, you could use the actual trophies to represent the last rank in that set before the next? 

Bloody elitist's shouting about their new fangled PS5! :p

No idea what you're on about, just though it was humorous. :D

26 minutes ago, Viper said:

So you'd have say a Hidden Trophy for rank 1 (H) 

then rank 2 gets the Bronze 1 badge from PSN

Then Rank 5 gets the Classic Bronze Trophy (B) 

Rank 6 gets the new style Bronze trophy

Then Rank 7 would be Silver 1 badge from PSN

With Max rank being the new Platinum?

So it'd be like 18 total ranks:

1. Hidden Trophy

2. Bronze 1

3. Bronze 2

4. Bronze 3

5. Classic Bronze trophy

6. New Bronze Trophy

7. Silver 1

8. Silver 2