Welcome to the New PST

Mendel

So far, not a fan of the new layout. Goes much  slower on my phone/computer to find the guides I want. And looks like most of my book marks have been deleted. 

Also, not sure if its just me, but adds galore it seems on the guides. I have a add behind the page, an add at the top of the page and an add in the middle. 

Edited by Soxrule111

5 hours ago, vohnus said:

Contrary to what you think, I have read many of the threads.  Breaking the site, while making it 'look pretty', is not an upgrade.  Saying they'll 'fix it later' does not mean that it is not broken.  There's something wrong when breaking the primary purpose of the site is 'obviously a huge success.'

But nothing is broken. It's not finished updating, there's a difference. Just give it some time. 

Just now, Viper said:

But nothing is broken. It's not finished updating, there's a difference. Just give it some time. 

Agreed. I didn't expect everything to be included from day one and I certainly expected there to be a few niggles here and there.

I'm going to reserve any final judgement until someone says, "Right. That's the last update for a while now, go at it!"

Then I'm going to come out of the woodwork and be evil to you all! :devil: No, I'm joking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McSpain84 said:

Not a fan of the update. Used the site since 2013 to manually track and check my trophies. It was an essential part of my playing experience.

As I understand thats no longer possible? That's a shame.

There is a pinned post / Recommended post at the top of the thread that explains all about this. It'll be a feature coming back once we're done rolling out the initial stuff. You'll be back to ticking off check boxes sooner than later =]

2 minutes ago, McSpain84 said:

Not a fan of the update. Used the site since 2013 to manually track and check my trophies. It was an essential part of my playing experience.

As I understand thats no longer possible? That's a shame.

It was already stated a few times that the site isn't final and that the staff is trying to find a way to bring the checklists back. 

3 minutes ago, iLion said:

Starting to feel like I've been missing a trick by not ever having used the manual checklists 🤔

Yeah I never, in a million years, would have guessed so many people used it, to this extent that people are actually talking about leaving this site because they think they're gone. I used it...but for years it was more of a thing I randomly checked on every now and then. It took me until earlier this year to get the entire thing sorted out with my actual trophy count. 

It was a nice feature...but I'm definitely looking forward to the automated method instead. And PST trophy cards!

Edited by Viper

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah I never, in a million years, would have guessed so many people used it, to this extent that people are actually talking about leaving this site because they think they're gone. I used it...but for years it was more of a thing I randomly checked on every now and then. It took me until earlier this year to get the entire thing sorted out with my actual trophy count. 

It was a nice feature...but I'm definitely looking forward to the automated method instead. And PST trophy cards!

I always thought it was the main appeal of the site besides the well-written guides. I've always checked off each trophy as I get them; took me a while originally to add every game I own having to go through the tedious purchase list on PS3 but since then I've just added every game I've bought or claimed from PS+, it's been the only way for me to know exactly what games I have especially since a lot of them I've never installed and haven't synced the trophy lists.

• Like 3

I have always been a manual checklist guy. It’s my go to. It helps with my need for cleanliness. What I liked particularly compared to PSNP was that I could read the guide with the trophies I’ve earned hidden. Whereas there, in a quick scan I’d think I missed one due to not being able to hide the earned trophies. 

It was definitely jarring seeing the new site (been a member since 2010, just not a forum poster). But I’ll get used to it. It’ll be interesting to see how the site looks in another ten years. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah I never, in a million years, would have guessed so many people used it, to this extent that people are actually talking about leaving this site because they think they're gone

ikr!

just goes to show different strokes for different folks

I've never even looked at that feature

manual updates? 🤮

28 minutes ago, themarv said:

I have always been a manual checklist guy. It’s my go to. It helps with my need for cleanliness. What I liked particularly compared to PSNP was that I could read the guide with the trophies I’ve earned hidden. Whereas there, in a quick scan I’d think I missed one due to not being able to hide the earned trophies. 

It was definitely jarring seeing the new site (been a member since 2010, just not a forum poster). But I’ll get used to it. It’ll be interesting to see how the site looks in another ten years. 

FYI - there will be an option to hide earned trophies in the trophy guide with the automated system.

21 minutes ago, Suddhodana said:

What happened to the comments under each trophy in the trophy list? Cant seem to find them anymore. Would be a shame if all of them are gone, because they often gave valuable extra feedback that the trophy guide may have missed.

They will be restored soon. Got accidentally disabled during the conversion.