Welcome to the New PST

Mendel

After years of waiting, the fabled upgrade to PST (and XBA) has finally arrived. There's far more to this update than a new coat of paint, so I urge everyone to click around, check out your new profiles, but it's going to be a lot to process at first, and the staff is going to be putting together a new FAQ type thread, or series of threads, to help introduce you to all the new features.

You may notice as you're looking around that some posts have messed up formatting in terms of weird code stuff appearing in posts. There's an automated process that's happening in the background that will fix all of it automatically, so don't worry about it, but just be patient for a couple more days.

This is also just phase 1 in a multi-phase roll out plan, that will include trophy cards, automated leaderboards and a lot more. We're set up to make faster, easier updates in the future as well, so we'll be looking for feedback and will be taking suggestions in future. There are also some things, like the round avatars or the rep system, which will likely be going away sooner than later (the rep system might be gone by the time you read this).

Finally, I want to personally thank everyone that reads this for sticking with us through all of this. I've been working with RX on this for close to two years, and he was working on it even futher back than that. I've been losing my mind in anticipation for this day, and I'm so glad that we've been able to deliver a new, infinitely better site just in time for the PS5's launch. No matter how you've felt about this site, the update, me, the world, whatever, thank you.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, honda hoe said:

I'm curious to see what the leaderboards/trophy cards would look like :)

still digging around......

EDIT: My awards :(

We'll get the awards back, that was discussed recently but I don't remember where things were left.

1 minute ago, MidnightDragonDX said:

@Mendel Any way to make it so my name's on one line? It's messing with me a little bit. 😛 If not, it's fine. I'll get used to it.

I think this was an issue a long time ago on the original PST, it was eventually widened to fit using Blaze's name as the yardstick :rofl:

• Haha 1

The new replies noise just scared the shit out of me as I was reading the OP :rofl: (I'm not spelling out that entire emoji name...). Changing that noise to the trophy ping would be *chef's kiss*

Overall, I like a lot of what I'm seeing. So far worth the wait! And I'm happy for those of you who have been working on this for years! :)

Edited by mcolwander90
  • Like 3

I like the fact that you can change the background to light or dark, and you even get notifications “live” which is nice. It will take a lot of getting used to but hopefully it brings in more traffic for this new gaming generation. Kind of bummed that the avatar is much smaller and award showcase is gone but hopefully things can change if this is a “beta” phase. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warbear said:

I like the fact that you can change the background to light or dark, and you even get notifications “live” which is nice. It will take a lot of getting used to but hopefully it brings in more traffic for this new gaming generation. Kind of bummed that the avatar is much smaller and award showcase is gone but hopefully things can change if this is a “beta” phase. 

The award showcase is definitely coming back, and the avatars are the same size I think, they're just round, which several people have already said they hate, so that might be temporary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mendel said:

The award showcase is definitely coming back, and the avatars are the same size I think, they're just round, which several people have already said they hate, so that might be temporary.

Awesome, definitely in the right direction. 

I’m browsing on my iPhones browser as well, so maybe the desktop version looks better. But even on my phone everything feels so “smooth”. 

Awesome heartagram avatar as well. 😎

For some reason I can't mark trophies as "completed anymore." Am I missing something? The pages with comments of people discussing how to get trophies is also not working. I can click on my username in the upper right when on a game page as if it were a button that would take me somewhere but it doesn't do anything. I feel like I accidentally signed up for an alpha version. Can I go back?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Whitey138 said:

For some reason I can't mark trophies as "completed anymore." Am I missing something? The pages with comments of people discussing how to get trophies is also not working. I can click on my username in the upper right when on a game page as if it were a button that would take me somewhere but it doesn't do anything. I feel like I accidentally signed up for an alpha version. Can I go back?

Marking trophies as completed will be automated once we get the feed stuff online, which shouldn't be more than a few days. The site update went live half an hour ago, we'll need a bit of patience. Clicking on your avatar on the forum side takes you to your profile, I'll pass along to RX that the front page link isn't working.

As I said in the "wretched thread", it's a vast improvement and worth the wait. I really hope this can be the defibrillator the site needs to shock it back to life. 

So far the only thing I don't like are the circle avatars (which you said are going away), but that's only because everything I have to use is square lol. And maybe the lack of being able to use more than 1 image or the spoiler tags in your signature...unless I did something wrong? But both of those are minor things. 

Only way you could make this better is to finally let me change my name to just "Viper". :whistle:

This is going to take some getting used to!

I refreshed the trophy guide page I was on and thought I broke something when the site showed up like this. So far many features are looking nice and improved, but I’m not a big fan of the forums and trophy guides just yet. I miss the old design. Hopefully it grows on me.

Phase 2 sounds pretty interesting, looking forward to those new features. Overall decent work guys. 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mendel said:

Marking trophies as completed will be automated once we get the feed stuff online, which shouldn't be more than a few days. The site update went live half an hour ago, we'll need a bit of patience. Clicking on your avatar on the forum side takes you to your profile, I'll pass along to RX that the front page link isn't working.

So are you saying that it will link up to my PSN account and automatically update my list on here but I have to wait a few days to be able to keep track of what I have left in a game?

• Like 1