Hard get theres categorized by difficulty

Just figured I would rate the hard get theres for anyone wanting to start with the easy or hard ones first. Will add levels as I finish them

Feel free to post your own ratings.

Very Easy (completed within 1 run of 2 minutes)

Warehouse

The Hangar

Burnside

Chopper Drop

Easy (completed within a few runs of 2 minutes)

School

Mall

Streets

Skatestreet

Skate Heaven

Medium (completed in between 10-15 runs)

Downtown

Marseille

Philadelphia

NY City

Hard (completed in between 15-50 runs)

Downhill Jam - becomes medium after decreasing speed stats by 4

Skatepark - over the box gap seems to pop randomly

Venice Beach

Roswell - only hard thing about this is the high deck gap. First I got this I managed the combo easily

Very hard (completed after 50+ runs)

School II

Bullring - becomes medium/hard when using the proper line to get on the banana. Using this line I got on like 80% of my tries

Edited by ruben-fcu

• 3 weeks later...

After doing almost everything else first, I finally decided to try one of these. Had gotten the rookie and veteran challenges done, almost done with legendary too, am almost level 60, and currently cleaning up gaps, so I figured I'd finally give one of these a try.

I had not looked up anything about these until I finally picked one, randomly. Turns out the one I picked was the hardest one in the game--School II. I spent 3 hours in vain trying to do this. I came close a few times but just couldn't do it. The biggest problem is that when coming up the embankment to go toward the last roll call rail, I've lost ALL momentum. And with no momentum, all grinding and manualing now takes so much longer because you're moving so slow, making it impossible to hold the balance long enough.

I've watched videos of people zipping up that hill with no problem, so I don't know why when I do it, I'm basically moving like a turtle. But whatever, I'll put it aside for now and try some of the easier ones.

After doing almost everything else first, I finally decided to try one of these. Had gotten the rookie and veteran challenges done, almost done with legendary too, am almost level 60, and currently cleaning up gaps, so I figured I'd finally give one of these a try.

I had not looked up anything about these until I finally picked one, randomly. Turns out the one I picked was the hardest one in the game--School II. I spent 3 hours in vain trying to do this. I came close a few times but just couldn't do it. The biggest problem is that when coming up the embankment to go toward the last roll call rail, I've lost ALL momentum. And with no momentum, all grinding and manualing now takes so much longer because you're moving so slow, making it impossible to hold the balance long enough.

I've watched videos of people zipping up that hill with no problem, so I don't know why when I do it, I'm basically moving like a turtle. But whatever, I'll put it aside for now and try some of the easier ones.

Are you grinding the bend after the second rail followed by the lamp post you can knock over and then onto the ledge? Grinding these help keep your momentum going.

Are you grinding the bend after the second rail followed by the lamp post you can knock over and then onto the ledge? Grinding these help keep your momentum going.

I usually try to head straight to the red/beige ledge which is after the post, since that's what I see being done in the two videos I watched.

[ame]

[/ame]

But I have tried variations on my many, many, many attempts, grinding that round curb first, then jumping onto the post, and etc. I don't remember if those attempts failed before I got to the embankment or not, but I'll keep trying it that way and see how it goes.

Edit: one thing I realized after watching that video again... the guy goes straight to the red/beige ledge like I said, he doesn't like... "hop onto" it, he waits til the last second and does that sort of "jump into" and quickly grind thing. I don't know if this impacts speed/momentum, but I'm assuming most of the time, when I do it, I do a much softer jump from further away. Could be worth looking into...

Edit2: Finally got it! Probably 5-6 hours total of attempts but finally got it. Was suddenly making it up the last rail into the wallplant (had never gotten than far before) and a few of my tries were ending right after wallplanting to turn around. But I kept trying, was able to get that far a couple times, until finally, I somehow held it all together. Phew.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

Here's 3 videos of me completing what I deem to be the hardest Get-There's in the game: Venice, School II and The Bullring. I'm by no means a pro so anybody willing to put in the practice should be able to pull these off.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Good luck and stick with it. If I can do em then so can you!

Edited by Jeevz

I did Bullring after School II, and that actually was a lot harder for me. Also took a few hours to finally get that one. Then went to Downhill Jam and that one was only about a half hour before getting it. Currently trying Roswell.

What gave you most trouble? Probaly getting on the banana? If so, if you follow a certain line you will get on 7 out of 10 times. You could look it up on youtube vids. Not that it is important since you already made it:applause:

I've hit a wall with this - school II.

Just wondered if everyone is using dpad to balance? I am and I can't seem to get to the bank before final rail. Not due to lack of speed but lack of balance control by that point.

I used the d-pad for the entire game as it feels so much more natural to me for the THPS games. I tried the analog for about 2 combos before reverting back.

I completed them all about a month ago. So the hardest has to be School II too me 3 nights. About 15 hrs to get follow by Bullring which took one session of about 4hrs and I didn't find Venice hard at all. Challenging but did it with ease after couple of tries. Here some of them sorry for the audio. Need to fix it

School II

Officer Dick almost got me. Lol

Bullring

I messed up at the end but manage to get it.

Venice

Edited by Jay2387

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 9:37 AM, ruben-fcu said:

What gave you most trouble? Probaly getting on the banana? If so, if you follow a certain line you will get on 7 out of 10 times. You could look it up on youtube vids. Not that it is important since you already made it:applause:

Yeah, it was getting started pretty much, jumping onto the banana. There's not a lot of room to adjust yourself jumping off that ramp. But yeah, glad it's over!

Anyway, for those who are still stuck or haven't tried the Roswell one, they recently patched it so you no longer need the High Deck gap. That was the most annoying and luck-based part IMO. I could get it maybe 1/15 tries so just getting started was annoying. Now you just need the Low Deck gap instead and then the other ones as normal.

In the meantime, I've gotten the Mall (tough one!), Streets, Burnside (pretty easy) get theres, so I'm getting close. I am trying to work on this for like an hour every day or other day, while still playing other games. So slowly but surely.

• 11 months later...

I finally got the platinum last night, and this was easily the hardest trophy in the game.

The easiest is definitely Chopper Drop with the hardest for me being School II by a long shot. Took me several hours for a few days to finally get it - it didn't get that difficult until I was heading up the hill for that last rail, then your balance bars are just going crazy with the slightest touch.

For Skate Heaven, I found this video of a SUPER EASY way to get it, which made it one of the easiest for me to get.

• 1 month later...

Venice is the last Hard Get There I need. I just can't get the Ramp 2 Roof gap to register at all. Once every 15-30 attempts. School II took 4 nights of about 1-3 hours each night. All mistakes were my own. Venice has thoroughly pissed me off. I'm not jumping off the vent! Stop registering Vent 2 Roof! Such a crock...

3 minutes ago, HolyCulture1983 said:

Venice is the last Hard Get There I need. I just can't get the Ramp 2 Roof gap to register at all. Once every 15-30 attempts. School II took 4 nights of about 1-3 hours each night. All mistakes were my own. Venice has thoroughly pissed me off. I'm not jumping off the vent! Stop registering Vent 2 Roof! Such a crock...

For Venice what approach are you taking for Ramp 2 Roof? I never had any issues getting it to register by using the method shown in my video below

1 hour ago, iLion said:

For Venice what approach are you taking for Ramp 2 Roof? I never had any issues getting it to register by using the method shown in my video below

Ive watched your video a dozen times, and it seems like I'm doing exactly as you are. Hitting that ramp at an angle, jumping off just before the angled down slope, landing a grind on the upper part and getting Vent 2 Roof.... It just sucks to have attempted this over a hundred times. And I thought the Bullring Get There was hard :o

3 hours ago, HolyCulture1983 said:

Ive watched your video a dozen times, and it seems like I'm doing exactly as you are. Hitting that ramp at an angle, jumping off just before the angled down slope, landing a grind on the upper part and getting Vent 2 Roof.... It just sucks to have attempted this over a hundred times. And I thought the Bullring Get There was hard :o

You probably need to launch from slightly further into the ramp (further away from the angle) as some of the hitboxes can be a bit iffy.