Hotshot Racing ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap

staytrue1985

1 hour ago, staytrue1985 said:

Nope, sorry bud. I had no problems at all with it. Overachiever and Trophy Hunter were the only two that were glitched when I did this and they were both fixed. 

Just went through all of them again and got it. With the final non-DLC track in the final area. Good stuff. Guess I have less grinding to do at the end.

The rubberband AI in this is a little annoying, particularly in expert mode. 2.75 perfect laps mean nothing if you don't nail the last corner of the last lap. I think I will do GP1 in expert with the 'speed' car for each character, then hard mode for the rest of the cars/GPs. Discovered last night that normal is too slow to maintain good drifts to build up the required stats for upgrades.

Wow, I made it all the way to last night, having done all the expert GPs required to work out that the customisation menu for cars scrolls down beyond the side skirts. The bobblehead purchase menu is a good spot to check which cars have won a GP too.

Edited by Barra333

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Barra333 said:

Stupid question, but did you scroll all the way down the palette menu? 

I scrolled all the way down

I looked around and found Overachiever achievement in Hotshot Racing (trueachievements.com) which told me I need to win an Arcade race on expert difficulty, which unless I was missing something wasn't listed anywhere. I've unlocked Overachiever, but the exclamation marks are still next to the Palette option with nothing new for me to buy. On any car.

2 hours ago, stpatty said:

I get the feeling my customisation options are locked. There's an exclamation mark next to the Palette section of the shop for every car, but I've bought all of the palettes. Any ideas @staytrue1985?

I don't recall having any trouble with it, sorry bud.

13 minutes ago, Barra333 said:

Fair enough. I don't think I've done enough to unlock all palettes for anyone yet. I'm close enough on Alexa that I should be able to do it tonight and see if my ! goes away. 

I have 12 palettes per driver. I checked on my other account before and after winning an arcade race on expert, same thing. I don't know what the problem is.

Right, so I just unlocked everything there is for Alexa, and there is still an ! next to the palette. 

The only thing left that I can think of is to go through all of the cars again to make sure you haven't missed an upgrade to a spoiler or blower (which I'm sure you've checked 7 times anyway). 

10 hours ago, Barra333 said:

Just throwing ideas here - is there anything different in the car customisation menu relative to the 'modify' menu when you are going to a race? 

Have not tried this

7 hours ago, Barra333 said:

Right, so I just unlocked everything there is for Alexa, and there is still an ! next to the palette. 

The only thing left that I can think of is to go through all of the cars again to make sure you haven't missed an upgrade to a spoiler or blower (which I'm sure you've checked 7 times anyway). 

Have tried all of those several times

I'll have another go later on.

8 hours ago, Barra333 said:

Oooh flashback. I remember going through absolutely everything about 3 times because I was sure I had everything, and it turns out I had missed something! Bloody thing :D 

1 hour ago, staytrue1985 said:

Oooh flashback. I remember going through absolutely everything about 3 times because I was sure I had everything, and it turns out I had missed something! Bloody thing :D 

I'm hoping to avoid that 🤪. Ive decided that until I have all variations of an upgrade unlocked I won't buy any of them, and when I do buy the upgrade I fit one of the alternates so that I know that any of the parts that have a 1 in the <1/x> label are not finished. I'm sure I'll still miss something though. The menus are really convoluted as far as recognising upgrades go.

Hope you get it sorted @stpatty - I'm out of ideas and can't verify anything else until I get around to updgrading the remaining 28 cars that aren't Alexa's.

12 hours ago, Barra333 said:

Just throwing ideas here - is there anything different in the car customisation menu relative to the 'modify' menu when you are going to a race? 

Turns out this wasn't it. I'm out of ideas. I'm going to delete then re-download the game and see if that makes a difference. 

I also didn't buy anything until I had finished every car's requirements. Took me at least half an hour to go through and buy everything, so at least you've got that to look forward to.

6 minutes ago, stpatty said:

Turns out this wasn't it. I'm out of ideas. I'm going to delete then re-download the game and see if that makes a difference. 

I also didn't buy anything until I had finished every car's requirements. Took me at least half an hour to go through and buy everything, so at least you've got that to look forward to.

Fingers crossed. 

I'm doing it character by character so that I break it up a little - win a GP with each car, max all of the stats for a car, buy its upgrades, rinse, repeat. 

If it is any consolation, it appears there are people still earning the trophy so doesn't look like it is completely broken.

There definitely seems to be something wrong with my palettes. When I go through a car and check everything the colour changes when I come out of the palette menu and start changing the other settings. I need to go back into the palette menu - but not confirm anything, for it to change back to the palette I'd originally picked. This is after reinstalling the game. I think I'm fucked.

OK, since I have probably missed them too, where would that be?

EDIT: I had a few minutes and launched the game in remote play. Special palettes all the way to the right in the car customisation at the main menu. I definitely would have missed that given that I missed half of the regular upgrades until I was half done with the game.

I'm taking partial credit for guessing there was something different between the pre-race customisation and the main menu one 😃

Edited by Barra333