My method for 'No Shell' run.

EvolvedVirus

Trophy: Forever Alone: Beat the game without ever bonding with a shell.

With no shell you get a tonne of i frames and huge stamina.

Personally I think the starting sword is the best weapon for this (Hallowed Sword) because the run + R2 lunge attack (O+R2) is extremely useful.

I did my no shell run like this:

1. Start NG, defeat Hadern (trophy).

2. Go to tower to get checkpoint.

3. Get 'quenching acid' from chest on way to Shrine of Ash, then upgrade.

4. Kill Grisha to get the hallowed sword L1+R1 attack upgrade.

5. Go right into tunnel where Grisha is, in a little camp of enemies is a chest with a Nascent tar. Grind 500 tar, then buy a quenching acid to upgrade weapon.

6. Go to shrine of ash and get 2 more quenching acids and go back to area start and upgrade to +4. Complete Shrine of Ash.

7. Because of fog get another acid from frog head chest on your way back to tower (near tower) to finally upgrade to +5 weapon.

8. With Nascent tar (from boss fight) and an extra 500 tar, go to corrupted Sester and get the 'increased resolve upgrade', then install.

9. Like Shrine of Ash just roll spam your way through each area and defeat the boss.

Tip for last boss: Purchase gold bell from merchant (increases how much resolve you get). Make backup save. Use item at very start of boss fight, build resolve to 2 bars, use L1+R1 stun attack, O + R2 lunge attack, x1 or 2 sword swings then L1+R1, rinse and repeat until boss is dead, easy.

Good luck. :)

Edited by EvolvedVirus

• 3 weeks later...