Platinum Difficulty Rating

Slamma

Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

Ah, ok. I play all games on my account since 2008. Im not shame about not getting some trophies. If i dont have any platinum or 100% in a game um dont get upset. Some people spend a lot of months to get a platinum and dont give up until do a platinum and dont play other game until achieve that. Im not like that. If i cant get a Platinum i move on to other game.

You'll be surprised on how many trophy completionists are out there. I have friends that won't even play games that they think they're hard plats, they just ignore them. There are also people who get a game 1 or 2 years later just in case the game ever gets hard DLC trophies.

Edited by CrazyRap

I finally got the platinum in this game after getting 4-win streak 9 times and 3-win streak numerous times! Very frustrating but my best suggestion would be to get this 5-in-a-row trophy BEFORE the devs patch up the workaround (quitting before losing) because although I have gotten 3 in a row legit a few times without quitting, 5 in a row without quitting is going to be even more of a headache than it already is now after the patch lol! Play with a good group of 2-3 others to help make it easier, skip games such as jinxed which is complete luck and skip games you keep losing on, stay patient and pass on big final rounds (focus on final rounds of under 10 if you have a big streak), and don't give up. Keep pushing and eventually you will get it. It took me forever and I was so close to giving up but it feels great to finally get it. Huge thanks to all those who helped me along the way including ltzELITE, Stars_of_Sirius, SpaceIsDandy, and tallytabletommy! Much respect to you guys. :dance:

Difficulty WITHOUT Workaround: 10/10

Difficulty WITH Workaround: 8/10

Pharmer_Amko.png

Infallible is easily one of the hardest and most frustrating trophies I've ever gotten (I didn't know there was an exploit). Not only do you have to be good at all the games, you also have to chance into teams that aren't awful. I had 2 4-win streaks die to horrible teams including a game of Team Tail Tag where I was literally the only player on my team to finish with a tail. Obviously being able to quit out and try again would've helped tremendously, but doing this legit and at times being completely at the mercy of random teammates made me want to punt the PlayStation out the window so many times. My 5-win streak included a game of Jinxed which was a total coin flip and came down to the last man, of course. I've never felt more relieved to get a trophy than this one. Now I can just enjoy the game, which is tons of fun when you're not trying to get win streaks. Sorry this turned into a rant, I just had to vent.

Got Infallible today without the exploit. Same as everyone else (except Smzthy who is clearly a gaming god) this is easily a 9/10, and maybe a 10/10. I got incredibly lucky that I had barely any team games at all on my solo run. Only had Fall Ball come up once, and I was on the team with the extra player. Had 25 people get eliminated on Perfect Match during my 3rd victory as it went from 32 down to 7. Very lucky that everyone messed up the last fruit. Also had Slime Climb take us from 31 people down to a final 7 in my 5th victory, which helped a lot as well!

Nice to hear you did it the old fashion way. I remember doing the hardest playthrough on God of War 3 legit and people said it was bad. It just took patience.

9/10, I just got the Infallible trophy (with glitch) and it's easily the make or break trophy. Fortunately, the exploit allows you to (currently) avoid the bad luck of team games and then all you need is the skill to get through the rest.

I almost got it without the exploit a week ago, but I got screwed over in the 5th game of the tail tag finale. :(

I'm curious why what someone else does for their own reasons matters to you? Besides, there's a big difference between avoiding a game that has an almost impossible trophy, and a game that's hard. There are people out there who avoid buying/playing games if the plat is too hard or too time consuming. Let people do what they want?

staytrue1985 is right/correct. I play games regardless of whatever. I too am an 80’s baby (82’) if staytrue1985 is his year of birth. I wasn’t aware that I was a trophy hunter, I thought that trophies were like a checklist when I first achieved them. Playstation Home is the one that pissed me and the day I realized/ understood what REAL HUNTERS were saying about 100% games. Boosting is a TYPE of cheating and you can be kicked from games for doing so. Call of Duty has an option to report booster so clearly the Devs don’t want us doing it. I’ve never boosted for myself because it’s boring. Now a lobby of friends earning against each other and not leaving till we all have it I’d different. Different because I didn’t let you win, you earned it. I earn them all (avoiding online for my bragging rights) With that said, again it’s hard to separate the real completions from the fake ones, and I believe his statement was an attempt to shift the wind. I wished he’d succeeded because I earned Realistic on COD, and completed Vanquished PS3 (forgot to sync deleting the save) so I’ll do again and again on PS4. Bragging rights. Oh and this message is for those that buy them as well. A trophy earned is better than one boosted/ bought/ cheated/ hacked for. Still they are bragging rights. No one said you can’t, more so you shouldn’t to separate the real hunters grinders that took 1-2years from 1-2 day earners with dummy and foreign accounts for stacking. aw-keypad

Why won’t they allow the dash in my name on here (playstationtrophies.org)?

Since when is it’s okay for people to do what they want, but it’s not okay to have an opinion or even post there concerns, even off subject. You don’t have to reply, just skip them and don’t waste your time if you feel that’s what your doing. Then they won’t reply and we can get back to the guide.

8/10 - i've played 76 hours and before that hundreds of hours of Mario Party through all console generations. You compete against 59 other players and not all of them are casual gamers. Therfore 5 wins in a row will become harder with time going by. Besides that trophy i think everything else is doable for most of the poeple.

It’s a 10. Way too many variables like glitches, bugs, disconnects, team games, lag, latency, button delay and getting teamed up on in finals to consider it anything else. Also the game has skill based matchmaking and dynamic difficulty adjustment so when you’re on a big streak your opponents will be harder and your fallguy will fall more randomly and will bounce further. If you’re a trophy hunter and are on these forums do not listen to people that say “get better” or “just have fun with it.” The infallible trophy is a disgrace so I emplore you all to not buy this game or play it. As I said if you’re a casual gamer you wouldn’t be on these forums so a casual argument is null and void.

I didn’t put vote yet, and most likely I won’t at all. But so far it’s 10/10 for me. It’s basically impossible plat for me. I wasn’t able to win crown even once since I stated playing. So I’m guessing that wining a few times in a row is out of my reach.

I don’t really have problem with that. I can live with not being able with getting plat. It’s still fun.

7 if you use quit method for infallible. solid 9 or 10 without. I was able to go 4 straight legit, and then had to quit several times before getting my 5th win. Got this trophy before hitting level 40 so didnt have to grind.

It does take a really long time though. My advice would be to win 3 legit, then stop playing anything with instant elimination or team games where you could end up losing in the last second. I would have had this a lot faster if I had done that instead of waiting for 4 straight wins before quitting the BS games.

Once you start quitting it really sucks, as 9 times out of 10 you will be quitting out of matches before you get a string of easy rounds before the final. I probably started 20 episodes and quit out early before getting the 5th win but I wasnt willing to start over again.

Edited by sandman748

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's hard to rate this, 7-8, leaning closer to a 7 but at the same time I know we had some good luck too.  If I still had to get 5 wins in a row in solo, I'd rate it a 10 and this would've been the first one I thought of that I couldn't have gotten no matter how hard I tried.  But now with squad mode things have become increasingly easier.  With the right teammates it took us 2 tries.  It all now comes down to having some skilled teammates, some good chemistry and teamcoordination (voicechat helps a lot), and of course like said before some luck, cause we still had the occasional luck where we pulled through by the skin of our teeth. in the semis on our fourth win we needed overtime to pull through, but that's the charm and fun of the game.  And while we made it, we could've as good as still been trying and me needing to pull hours and hours of trying.   

• 1 month later...

voted 4/10

context:

1. I only played squad matches. never solo

2. initially I used the glitch to pop infallible in a custom lobby. its genuinely the only difficult trophy. but with that burden out of the way, our squad subsequently managed to win 5 games in a row legit anyway on our way to 20 wins 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honda hoe said:

voted 4/10

context:

1. I only played squad matches. never solo

2. initially I used the glitch to pop infallible in a custom lobby. its genuinely the only difficult trophy. but with that burden out of the way, our squad subsequently managed to win 5 games in a row legit anyway on our way to 20 wins 

Squads has made a huge difference to this game. It's great to see that it's dragging more people in. 

At release the game was 10 of 10.

But now with Squad show and a glitch there you can get Infallible-trophy in 5 min its 4 of 10.

I got 9 wins on main show and 11 wins on squad show. My legit record was 2 wins in row and 4 finals in row. (1st - 1st - 2nd - 3rd)

2/10. nothing challenging. got infallible twice on my way to 20 wins. the average player base is so bad at navigating obstacles they'd probably starve to death if their grocery store had a revolving door, due to the complex timing needed to maneuver through it. 

• Haha 4

• 4 months later...