Gtfo

Tussell

[ame]

[/ame]

Has anyone been playing this game at all?

For those unfamiliar, it's a hardcore co-op horror FPS, quite unlike anything I've ever really played before. When they say hardcore, they mean it - there are no checkpoints, items and ammo can be scarce without venturing through the whole level, etc. The game has us laughing, crying, sweating, and yelling at each other. My three friends and I get together every Tuesday for 3 hours-ish to play. Today we completed level 5/10, and it has taken us nearly 23 hours to get to this point. What's cool though, is every few months, the ten available levels change to something else, so it's always fresh. Furthermore, each levels items and enemy spawns are procedural generated, furthering the replayability.

The only real downsides currently, are the fact that there is no in-game matchmaking set up at the moment. There is a massive Discord community though and you'll always be able to find a valuable team through that. Communication and a full team is key to success though, so don't plan on purchasing this title to play solo, or if you're not keen on meeting and communicating with strangers. The other being that your progress somewhat depends on the success of others. The last two of the ten total levels was release only a couple weeks ago. A certain amount of people need to complete every 2 levels for the next 2 to unlock. Therefore, if you and your team are good, and you demolish the levels, you need to wait for a percentage of others to complete certain levels before others are playable for everyone. It's an interesting concept, but somewhat frustrating. That being said, it's not affecting us at the moment, we've literally spent 23 hours on the first five levels, so we're not going anywhere fast, haha.

Highly recommended, and it's got a lot of content for being in early access. I'm extremely excited to see where development takes this game, and where things will go from here. This is certainly shaping up to be one of my favorite co-op experiences of all time.

Edited by Tussell

For a second I was like, woah there Tussel no need to tell us to get the fajita out! Then I was like okay thats right PC gaming I've totes heard of that game. But I'd never looked into it until now.

Totally looks like a dope game to play with a few friends. Watching that trailer, I can definitely see the Payday gone horror vibe.

Based on some gameplay video I watched, I'm guessing each person has a role with specific skills? The one person I was watching had a radar so they could tell their teammates where enemies were in the next room.

For a second I was like, woah there Tussel no need to tell us to get the fajita out! Then I was like okay thats right PC gaming I've totes heard of that game. But I'd never looked into it until now.

Totally looks like a dope game to play with a few friends. Watching that trailer, I can definitely see the Payday gone horror vibe.

Based on some gameplay video I watched, I'm guessing each person has a role with specific skills? The one person I was watching had a radar so they could tell their teammates where enemies were in the next room.

Eh, there's not much in the way of classes or 'roles' really, though you don't all want to have the same loadout when starting a mission, so variety is definitely good.

As it currently stands, there are 11 firearms, 4 melee weapons, and 5 tools. Currently, it doesn't seem to truly matter what guns you pick, for several reasons - the most important being that you want to play stealthily and not try and engage enemies if not needed. The tools include mines, c-foam grenades (which is will slow enemies, and when placed on a door, reinforce the door), bio-tracker (which is what you saw in the gameplay video), a shotgun turret, and a burst turret. We usually make sure to always have two turrets (generally the burst), and someone running mines. The fourth is usually free to pick, but so far, halfway through the game (for now), we've never needed to utilize the bio-tracker.

While it certainly shares some base similarities to games like Payday (4-player co-op, FPS, objective based, etc.) the game is vastly different from any 4-player co-op game I've ever played. Furthermore, it has the best atmosphere for any multiplayer horror game I've ever played, next to maybe Condemned 2.

Highly recommended on or off sale, this one's a banger.