Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade

Final Fantasy VII Remake ~ Trophy Guide & Roadmap

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap man!!! I just saw this while I was updating your guide with the changes, I used ctrl+f to find the trophy you edited before even looking at anything else, and was like wtf why isn't it finding it. Then I actually looked and realized how massive it was and that it even continued onto another page lmfao.

This is insane! God. And I thought I was detailed... jeeeeez. lmao. A+ work, seriously, holy crap, well done. :applause::bow::applause:

Edit: I've also been holding off on this game because I just have zero time, I'm so busy with all the games, writing the guides, the events, GT work, etc etc, that I don't think I could give enough time and focus that I would want to for this, considering I've waited 20+ years to get this game. But when I do, I will definitely be using your guide. <3

Edited by ixii

Holy crap man!!! I just saw this while I was updating your guide with the changes, I used ctrl+f to find the trophy you edited before even looking at anything else, and was like wtf why isn't it finding it. Then I actually looked and realized how massive it was and that it even continued onto another page lmfao.

This is insane! God. And I thought I was detailed... jeeeeez. lmao. A+ work, seriously, holy crap, well done. :applause::bow::applause:

Edit: I've also been holding off on this game because I just have zero time, I'm so busy with all the games, writing the guides, the events, GT work, etc etc, that I don't think I could give enough time and focus that I would want to for this, considering I've waited 20+ years to get this game. But when I do, I will definitely be using your guide. <3

Much love ixii ❤️ I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when you get around to it!

Well done on this guide! If you so choose to write anymore guides in the future please reach out if you're looking for another set of eyes. I will gladly help you with editing or anything else I can contribute to.

Swordipede: When the fight switches to Tifa and Aerith, prepare to revive your dumb uncontrolled partner. When Swordipede spins around the circular platform, your partner will keep getting hit and probably die.

When the cutscene is playing (after battling it with Cloud and Barrett) you can hold [ ] (square) to get to the menu and equip the gotterdammerung on Aerith and ensure she has Planet's Protection as her limit break. Cast Planet's Protection before the Sworrdipede begins rolling around the platform and it makes the fight pretty trivial. Of course, you'll have to remember to undo the loadout change once the fight is over :)

Thanks to your loadout recommendation I managed to take out Bahamut first try. I was chasing Ifrit around and forgot about the megaflare countdown but was saved by reprieve!

Well done on this guide! If you so choose to write anymore guides in the future please reach out if you're looking for another set of eyes. I will gladly help you with editing or anything else I can contribute to.

When the cutscene is playing (after battling it with Cloud and Barrett) you can hold [ ] (square) to get to the menu and equip the gotterdammerung on Aerith and ensure she has Planet's Protection as her limit break. Cast Planet's Protection before the Sworrdipede begins rolling around the platform and it makes the fight pretty trivial. Of course, you'll have to remember to undo the loadout change once the fight is over :)

Thanks to your loadout recommendation I managed to take out Bahamut first try. I was chasing Ifrit around and forgot about the megaflare countdown but was saved by reprieve!

Swordipede was trivial on hard to begin with for me. I had Gotterdamrung on Tiffa and I believe all I had to do was hit it with Tiffa's dolphin limit break and it died right away. I don't think I even staggered it before hand, but I could be wrong. It was over so fast I didn't even realize it though.

Swordipede was trivial on hard to begin with for me. I had Gotterdamrung on Tiffa and I believe all I had to do was hit it with Tiffa's dolphin limit break and it died right away. I don't think I even staggered it before hand, but I could be wrong. It was over so fast I didn't even realize it though.

I did the same, just use Tifa's limit break and be done with it.

One question about Hard mode. Can this be only accessed via Chapter select? I can't play the game continuously from start to finish in Hard?

If so, is it better to start with Chapter 17, so i will get the Gotterdammerung and then do the other chapters?

Yes, hard mode is only available via chapter select. BUT, you can just start hard mode by selecting Chapter 1 on hard and play through each chapter just as you would in normal, easy, or classic. This is what I did.

After my first play through, I did some grinding at the beginning of chapter 16 to level up materia and my characters. After I had maxed out materia and all my characters to level 50, I started hard mode from chapter 1 to experience the story again, doing as many side quests as I could to earn manuscripts for my weapons.

When I got to the Combat Simulator in Chapter 17 (near the start), I did the super boss fights for the final enemy skill (Monsters of Legend) and the Pride and Joy trophy (Top Secrets). Then, I used the Gotterdammerung for the remainder of Chapter 17 and 18, mostly on Cloud, but moving it to Barret for the Arsenal fight.

In truth, you don't really need Gotterdammerung for hard mode. If you do some grinding, you'll be plenty powerful enough to get through everything, with proper strategy, planning, and materia setups.

Hope this helps.

Yes, hard mode is only available via chapter select. BUT, you can just start hard mode by selecting Chapter 1 on hard and play through each chapter just as you would in normal, easy, or classic. This is what I did.

After my first play through, I did some grinding at the beginning of chapter 16 to level up materia and my characters. After I had maxed out materia and all my characters to level 50, I started hard mode from chapter 1 to experience the story again, doing as many side quests as I could to earn manuscripts for my weapons.

When I got to the Combat Simulator in Chapter 17 (near the start), I did the super boss fights for the final enemy skill (Monsters of Legend) and the Pride and Joy trophy (Top Secrets). Then, I used the Gotterdammerung for the remainder of Chapter 17 and 18, mostly on Cloud, but moving it to Barret for the Arsenal fight.

In truth, you don't really need Gotterdammerung for hard mode. If you do some grinding, you'll be plenty powerful enough to get through everything, with proper strategy, planning, and materia setups.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I've been doing some grinding at Chapter 16 as well

Edited by sephiroth4424

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/4213/ccffcf93-8dbd-4677-b75f-7051b0cc6027.jpg Ultimate Weapon (G)(H)

Defeat the Pride and Joy prototype.

Snipped........

Cloud

•  

• Twin Stinger with Healing, Revival, HP Up, Hp Up, Mp Up, MP Up.

• Cog Bangle with Elemental-Fire, Magic Up, Barrier.

• Champion Belt.

Tifa

•  

• Purple Pain with Healing, Revival, HP Up, Hp Up, Mp Up, MP Up.

• Cog Bangle with Elemental-Ice, Time.

• Champion Belt.

Aerith

•  

• Reinforced Staff with Barrier, Revival, HP Up, Hp Up, Mp Up, MP Up.

• Force Bracelet with Magnify-Healing, Fire, Magic Up.

• Healing Carcanet.

Snipped

[/List]

Cog Bangle has 3 slots, I'm not sure how you manage to fit 4 Materia in Cloud's Armor

Chain Bangle has 4 slots, and higher stats than Cog, that should be the recommendation

Cog Bangle has 3 slots, I'm not sure how you manage to fit 4 Materia in Cloud's Armor

Chain Bangle has 4 slots, and higher stats than Cog, that should be the recommendation

Hey this is a typo, thanks for pointing it out. I used the Chain Bangle for Cloud for the 50 stats and four slots.

• 2 weeks later...
A quick snippet of info re Dressed to the Nines, which I don't think that I've seen mentioned earlier - the game credits you for Tifa's dress (and potentially grants the trophy, if hers is the last that you need) when you first see her in chapter 9, rather than the sequence at the end of the chapter.

It's in the trophy guide already:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/4213/417ba30d-a949-4b75-a439-6af53476419d.jpg Dressed to the Nines (S)

Obtain all nine bridal candidate outfits.

There are a total of nine bridal candidate outfits, three for each of Don’s "girls." Because you can only obtain three outfits per playthrough, you will need to replay the associated chapters at least three times, then see the actual outfit during Chapter 9 for it to count. In order to save an outfit choice moving forward via chapter select, you need to complete the chapter. For example, if you select Mature for Tifa and beat Chapter 3, you can skip right to Chapter 9 and she will have the mature dress. Once you see Tifa for the first time in Chapter 9, you have officially obtained the dress for record purposes. Here are the nine outfits, how to obtain them, and the best way to get all three the quickest:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I noticed that for the strategy for Ultimate weapon, you name Carbuncle as part of the bonuses from the Deluxe edition, but I did not received it. I only received Cactuar. Was that a preorder bonus? I even checked the boxfor the Deluxe edition and it only names Catuar. I did preordered my game, but with the Covid I actually was able to pick it up last month and I did not get any preorder bonuses.

I noticed that for the strategy for Ultimate weapon, you name Carbuncle as part of the bonuses from the Deluxe edition, but I did not received it. I only received Cactuar. Was that a preorder bonus? I even checked the boxfor the Deluxe edition and it only names Catuar. I did preordered my game, but with the Covid I actually was able to pick it up last month and I did not get any preorder bonuses.

Carbuncle is a bonus for the Digital Deluxe edition, or the 1st Class edition. Looks like you have the physical Deluxe edition, which doesn't have this summon as bonus. :(

Yeah it was a tip given to me by someone, but I don't think it will help many players. Just there as an option in case you got the digital deluxe edition (or as orthmann said, the super cool 1st class edition).

Maybe they will release them as a stand alone DLC for purchase later down the line like some games do.