Slamma

Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

qh2g7UB.png 

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 3 months later...

I gave this a 4. It’s very grindy, the needing to build one of every craftable item is an absolute chore, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Some of the bosses can be a little challenging, especially if you accidentally stumble across them early in the game when you’re ill-equipped to fight them. The only real great difficulty was playing with the lack of inverted controls!!

I gave this a 4. It’s very grindy, the needing to build one of every craftable item is an absolute chore, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Some of the bosses can be a little challenging, especially if you accidentally stumble across them early in the game when you’re ill-equipped to fight them. The only real great difficulty was playing with the lack of inverted controls!!

Inverted control? So you can’t change that from the settings?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Idk if that is still an issue, but I was watching a noob stream yesterday, September 3, 2020. He would craft an item, like a spear or axe, use it once, then gather a material: stone, palm fronds, a crab, etc. The item he had just crafted would disappear from his inventory! This happened to him numerous times. Maybe he didn't know how to use the menu system yet, but it was weird. Stranded Deep looks really interesting, but after seeing him struggle with necessary items disappearing, I'm a bit concerned A) the issue Redlinesi10 described has morphed into "players-can-craft-items-but-not-keep-them", or B) the user interface is just so terrible it's not worth supporting the company. I know they're a small indie company, but the noob I was watching was really struggling, especially with limited resources. Every tool he crafted kept disappearing.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It gets a 3 from me. I actually enjoyed playing this game which made the score a tad bit lower. If I didn't enjoy it as much it would have been given a 4 or 5 due to how grindy it can be. Having to craft every item in the game seems to be the one most people consider the worst but if you stock up on the necessary materials on your raft before you reach the end of the game it saves you A LOT of time. You can also utilize the custom islands and get whatever materials you want which makes it easier. All the bosses are easy and have exploitations, they can be beaten in less then 5 minutes. Watch a YouTube video on how to beat them and it will save you a lot of time as well. My only issue with this game is how "glitchy" some of the trophies can be. For example when you have to get 2 of each land animals on your raft and sail into a storm you have to have them all close to you (within a few raft floors) or the trophy will not pop up. I sailed the morning after a storm after I moved the animals closer and the trophy popped up with clear skies. The trophy where you have to plant one of each crop is also glitchy. I had planted all 8 but it did not pop up. I had to take the crops to another island and use all plank planters in order for it to work. If you are having trouble with a trophy not working make sure to check the forums because they can be glitchy for whatever reason. Other then that I really enjoyed this survival game and had a fun time getting this plat!

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 3, the hardest part is the bosses but they're not bad. There's a lot of grinding/farming, but that's pretty easy once you learn to use the island creator.

I almost voted a 4 because of the Two of Each trophy, that one took me many attempts. There's a lot of conflicting information out there, some people say you only need small crabs, snakes & boars but I couldn't get the trophy with just those. I had small crabs, giant crabs, snakes, boars and hogs, then sailed about 20 feet on a sunny day and the trophy popped.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...