PST Racing/Driving Leaderboard

stpatty

9 minutes ago, Jerry Appleby said:

I have a question for all the EU/AU guys here. It's related to driving so I figure this is the best place to ask!

I know most games that have driving tend to focus on the North American way of driving (ie drive on the right side lane, enter cars on the left for drivers/right for passengers). The only games that I'm aware of that do it the EU way are Watch Dogs Legion (London), and Sleeping Dogs (Hong Kong).

The thing is, I'm so used to the NA way of things, so I frequently keep going to the wrong side of the car in Watch Dogs Legion, and it's making me lose my mind having to try and remember to go the opposite way than I'm used to!

Do any of you EU guys have that issue when playing all the NA driving games, or does it just come naturally for you?

Or are there any NA players here that suffer the same way as me having to force yourself to remember that those 2 games (and possibly others) have cars that drive opposite to what you're used to?

Even if I try to remember to go to the right side door for the driver in those games, I still end up doing it wrong :rofl: 

IIRC doesn't the character in those kind of games just slide over inside the car if they get in the wrong door, so it doesn't matter?

27 minutes ago, Jerry Appleby said:

I have a question for all the EU/AU guys here. It's related to driving so I figure this is the best place to ask!

I know most games that have driving tend to focus on the North American way of driving (ie drive on the right side lane, enter cars on the left for drivers/right for passengers). The only games that I'm aware of that do it the EU way are Watch Dogs Legion (London), and Sleeping Dogs (Hong Kong).

The thing is, I'm so used to the NA way of things, so I frequently keep going to the wrong side of the car in Watch Dogs Legion, and it's making me lose my mind having to try and remember to go the opposite way than I'm used to!

Do any of you EU guys have that issue when playing all the NA driving games, or does it just come naturally for you?

Or are there any NA players here that suffer the same way as me having to force yourself to remember that those 2 games (and possibly others) have cars that drive opposite to what you're used to?

Even if I try to remember to go to the right side door for the driver in those games, I still end up doing it wrong :rofl: 

You do know 99% of the EU drives on the right side of the road, right? Only the UK drives on the incorrect side!

And yeah, as staytrue said, it doesn't really matter since your character will slide on the correct seat so it never bothered me. As for driving, the only way is to drive where there's no cars in your way, so right or left it doesn't really matter. 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Appleby said:

Normally when playing a game which goes the non UK way, confusion never plays a part. Normally the only feelings which arise is disgust and then a subtle feeling of superiority knowing that us English drive on the proper side of the road.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sleeping Dogs was awesome for so many reasons and driving on the left was a key reason why.

In weird games, you get used to it pretty easily. Same as if you were doing it in real life.

43 minutes ago, Easty said:

You do know 99% of the EU drives on the right side of the road, right? Only the UK drives on the incorrect side!

Ireland, Malta and Cyprus have entered the chat.

11 hours ago, staytrue1985 said:

IIRC doesn't the character in those kind of games just slide over inside the car if they get in the wrong door, so it doesn't matter?

They do slide in the seats to the driver position, so it doesn't actually matter. But it bothers me because I try to remember to use the proper door, and I end up subconsciously using the proper "NA" door :rofl: 

But it still bothers me slightly that I try to remember which way to go and I still get it wrong. It would be interesting to know if any of the NA guys here run into that problem though.

And yes, I should have said UK, not EU, but I was mostly referring to England since I know that's how the roads are over there.

Also @AshtimusPrimeI would have rated Sleeping Dogs to be a perfect game, EXCEPT for the driving! :p Now I give it a 9.5 ;) 

Also for those of you that have played many driving games, how many other games out there do the backwards UK version? :p 

I only know of:

Watch Dogs Legion

Sleeping Dogs

I've decided to try and get the Crash Team Racing remake off my hard drive. Anyone got any tips for forcing myself to play and learn this? Something about the aesthetic just doesn't sit right with me and the way you need to use boosts is a complete mystery.

10 hours ago, stpatty said:

I've decided to try and get the Crash Team Racing remake off my hard drive. Anyone got any tips for forcing myself to play and learn this? Something about the aesthetic just doesn't sit right with me and the way you need to use boosts is a complete mystery.

It's all about getting the boost mechanics down as once that is done then you will find it a lot easier to get through. The best class to use now is the drift class as it's fast & drift is enough to do the game.

It's always better to get perfect boosts instead of good boosts as you build reserves faster that way. The more you build reserves the longer your boosts last. The boost pads will make your boost more powerful making you go much faster so you always want to go over any pads to keep it going.

If you need to know the best tracks to try first then I can go more into that later. There are quite a few tracks that won't take very long too. I actually have a few friends who have done the developer times & are making a guide for it.

I know the developer times is way above what is required & I'm not sure when it will be up but it will be the best guide out there. I can get you in a chat with some friends to explain the boost mechanics really well.

Edited by Destructor8

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

New games first: Bunny Praking now has DLC: Bunny Parking Trophies • PSNProfiles.com

Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R Trophies • PSNProfiles.com now has a PS5 version

And the well-regarded Circuit Superstars Trophies • PSNProfiles.com is now on PlayStation. It has trophies including "win 25 races in online multiplayer" and "get pole position in 25 races in online multiplayer" and "drive a total of 50,000km" so I'm sure you'll all be queueing up to play. £15.99 so far, hopefully it gets to a sale soon. 

Other update: Crash Team Racing is deeply unpleasant. 

Okay guys, I need your help!

I bought Super Pixel Racers in the sale (a cheap and cheerful £1.99) and I've done a few races and it is fun. However, I didn't check the trophy guide properly and there is a trophy for winning an online race with a fully lobby, which is 8 players!

This is very easily boostable, but it just means it needs a few of us. You can play PS5 and PS4 at the same time, so that would cover two slots, so it would be possible to boost this with only 4 people, if everyone had a PS4 and a PS5.

The rest of the game is very easy according to the guide on Knoef, so it just needs the man-power! Who is going to be a hero and join me?

Just now, iLion said:

Does anyone have Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO and fancy jumping into an online game with me for the single online trophy? I tried posting in the boosting thread but no response as of yet and the game appears to be completely dead.

I have it. I'll get it downloaded and we can do this tomorrow.

9 hours ago, staytrue1985 said:

I bought Super Pixel Racers in the sale (a cheap and cheerful £1.99) and I've done a few races and it is fun. However, I didn't check the trophy guide properly and there is a trophy for winning an online race with a fully lobby, which is 8 players!

This is very easily boostable, but it just means it needs a few of us. You can play PS5 and PS4 at the same time, so that would cover two slots, so it would be possible to boost this with only 4 people, if everyone had a PS4 and a PS5.

The rest of the game is very easy according to the guide on Knoef, so it just needs the man-power! Who is going to be a hero and join me?

It's on sale at the moment for €2.59 so I'd be willing to buy it and help out, so long as we'd all get a turn at that particular trophy. I have a PS4 and PS5 too. 

Edit: You'll need to walk me through the process for playing on both systems at once. I tried this before with another game and I kept getting booted out of one for some reason. I'm not really up on the whole account sharing/access thing on different systems.

Edited by The Alchemist

21 hours ago, stpatty said:

I'll give it a go if you can convince other people to do it. I'll only be one person though.

20 hours ago, MrMinderbinder said:

Looked over the guide - looks like a very managable plat (even though I hate and suck at racers). I don't have a PS5, but I do have two PS4s (and a dummy account), so I can commit two of the needed eight players.

As for availability - weekdays are tough, but Friday-Sunday are pretty open most weeks.

11 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

It's on sale at the moment for €2.59 so I'd be willing to buy it and help out, so long as we'd all get a turn at that particular trophy. I have a PS4 and PS5 too. 

Edit: You'll need to walk me through the process for playing on both systems at once. I tried this before with another game and I kept getting booted out of one for some reason. I'm not really up on the whole account sharing/access thing on different systems.

Me = 2

stpatty = 1

MrMinderbinder = 2

Alchemist = 2

Almost there guys! If we do it obviously we make sure we all get the trophy. That's the perk of us having this great community.

@The Alchemisthave you got console sharing enabled on your PS5? See below. 

How to enable PS5 Console Sharing and Offline Play

PS5™ Console Sharing and Offline Play is automatically enabled on the PS5 console you use to sign in to PlayStation™Network for the first time. To enable Console Sharing on a new PS5 console, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > Console Sharing and Offline Play.
  2. Select Enable.

From: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/account/ps5-console-sharing-offline-play/

@iLion I have Seb Rally downloaded so let me know when you want to do the online bit. I expect you to take a look at the Super Pixel Racer mentioned above and join us as a thank you 😛 

Edited by staytrue1985

24 minutes ago, staytrue1985 said:

@The Alchemisthave you got console sharing enabled on your PS5? See below

Yep, I do. That's why I found it so strange the last time I tried to do it. I will test it out again later on to see if I still get booted from one of the systems. 

1 minute ago, The Alchemist said:

Yep, I do. That's why I found it so strange the last time I tried to do it. I will test it out again later on to see if I still get booted from one of the systems. 

Not sure if I am just misunderstand you, but you don't need to be online on your main account on both systems at the same time, one will need to be an alternate account so you can go online with both, you just need to be able to use the licence from your main account to go online. 

2 minutes ago, staytrue1985 said:

Not sure if I am just misunderstand you, but you don't need to be online on your main account on both systems at the same time, one will need to be an alternate account so you can go online with both, you just need to be able to use the licence from your main account to go online. 

Ah I get ya mate. Yup no problem, I'll use my alt acc on PS4 then. I thought that you were able to use your main account on both systems at once but apparently not. I thought I had read something about Sony changing it to work like that before PS5 launched. Had my wires crossed it seems. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, staytrue1985 said:

I have this game so I can help out with this plus I don't need the trophy so this won't take very long. I can actually set up another ps4 for this as I recently set up a new ps4 to play on. I think it works in the way that we all just search for the lobby since the invites never worked properly. If anyone has any stacks of this game then you can just go out the lobby & come back in with one of the other stacks but yeah that's only if anyone wants to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

Do we have the required amount of participants then? Guess it's just a matter of finding the right time/day for all of us to get together

There isn't an issue of linking up the NA version with the EU version, right? Separate trophy lists, but same servers? I just don't want to run into a problem when we all find out that this chump from the US can't get online with all of the heroes from Europe because he has the inferior version of the game.

I'll download tonight, and be ready to go tomorrow.