Journey to the Savage Planet - Road Map and Trophy Guide

xEPZAjF.jpg

Banner by Ashbo.

Guide Template by Vyrastas.

If you felt compelled to join the site as a result of this Guide, then please give Terminator a referral, thank you. This Guide is the property of "Terminator" and is for use only on Playstationtrophies.org so if you see it listed anywhere else, then please let me know so action may be taken.

This Guide is valid, as of the 1.08 patch. <= Don't load this bit onto the main site.

Road Map

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 40 (24(B), 12(S), 3(G), 1(P))
  • Online trophies: 4 (4(B))
  • Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 11-15hrs (personal opinion) (Estimated Time to Platinum)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 but 2 are strongly recommended.
  • Number of missable trophies: 3 if you play in Normal Mode - No Refunds (S), We came, We Saw, We Kicked Its Ass (B) and Screw This Noise (B)(H) but free roam is available after finishing the story so you can get all the other trophies. If you play in Old Game Minus mode, then all bar 7 trophies are highly missable.
  • Glitched trophies: 2 - There is a possibility that the I Come in Peace (B) trophy might be glitched but I personally had no issues with it and there's also a potential problem with Phone Home (B). Also note that certain trophy descriptions are very misleading and at least one has a typo in it.
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No so play on Normal and avoid Old Game Minus.
  • Do trophies stack?: Yes, the global and Japan versions of the game have separate lists.
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available
  • Additional peripherals required?: No but PS+ is required for the co-op trophies.

Introduction:

Journey to the Savage Planet is what you get if you put the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Red Dwarf, No Man's Sky and some LSD into a blender then turn it on with the lid off - it's that nuts! The basic plot to this game is that you play an unnamed astronaut who has been ordered by Kindred Aerospace (the 4th best Exploration company in the galaxy) to explore the planet AR-Y 26 and see if it's suitable for colonisation. Trophy wise, nothing is hard but No Refunds (S), We came, We Saw, We Kicked Its Ass (B) and Screw This Noise (B)(H) are very missable so please see the respective parts of the Guide for more details.

The majority of the trophies will come naturally but some will require grinding and exploration to obtain. What may put some people off, is the 4hrs or less speed run but it's very doable to finish the game in anywhere from 55mins to a tad over 2hrs so the time limit is very generous and isn't something to be scared of. Unfortunately, there's no splitscreen, matchmaking or server browser for the co-op mode so you will need an online friend with the game to help you get the respective trophies. Whilst it's theoretically possible to get all the trophies in 1 playthrough, I strongly recommend doing 2 playthroughs and preventing any unnecessary stress.

Credits and notes:

• All screenshots are by Terminator.
  • Thanks to AeroX999 for certain tips.
  • I don't know if this is a bug or just a really lousy design choice but saving and reloading your game whilst you have undeposited resources, will cause the game to say you have died and have to collect your loot box.
  • There is no ability to pause the game, thus it's ill advised to leave the game running for long periods with any menus up because there's a very good chance you will come under attack and not know until it's too late.
  • All the controls referenced in this Guide are based on the default settings so adjust them accordingly.
  • The save system in this game is purely auto-save based and the only way to force a save is to either teleport somewhere or return to the Javelin.
  • For some unknown reason, the developers have made it so you will always start in the Javelin after reloading your save. This means you will have to make your way back to where you were at the time of your last save.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Progress the story until you reach Cragclaw, then save your game

To save time later on, you will be getting the co-op trophies in the next step but you have to progress the story to a specific point before doing them. You will also be getting some of the misc trophies along the way.

At the end of this step, you will have earned the following trophies:

Phone Home (B) - Possibly Glitched

Cannibals (B)

Deleted But Not Forgotten (B)

Flippin' the bird (B)

Turdball Wizard (B)

That's all people really want to do... (B)

I Feel The Same. I Think? (B)

Colonizer (B)(H)

Little Shop of Horrors (B)(H)

He Slimed Me (B)(H)

I Want To Go Home. Eventually. (B)(H)

Step 2: Kill Cragclaw and get the co-op trophies

Now is the time to find yourself a co-op partner in the boosting thread (LINK), then kill Cragclaw and get all the co-op trophies. This step should only take about 5mins to complete. Do note that both players must have progressed the story enough to have unlocked the Proton Tether upgrade, else neither of you will be able to reach Cragclaw. Also note that A Little Help, Please (B) and Don't Cross the Streams (B)(H) have to be done outside, because all weapons and attacks are disabled whilst you're in the Javelin.

What Would You Two Maniacs Like To Do First? (B)

We came, We Saw, We Kicked Its Ass (B) - Missable

A Little Help, Please (B)

Don't Cross the Streams (B)(H)

Cragclaw Defeated (S)(H)

Step 3: Finish the game and get the good ending

This is the longest step in the game but doing it now, will free you up for a worry free speed run in the next one. You will be getting the majority of the misc trophies, along with all of the collectibles and the remaining story related trophies but the big trophy which most of the others lead to, is The $600 Man (G) so going for that one will net you a lot of the other trophies as well.

Open Seasame (S)

The $600 Man (G)

Stronger, Faster, Probably Poisonous (S)

Ambidextrous (B)

It's Not In The Game (B)

Your Friendly Neighbourhood... (B)

For Science! (S)

Au-revoir Gopher! (B)

Scott Norwood in the Hizzy... (B)

Home At Last (G)

Botanist (S)

Zoologist (S)

Build It Up (S)

I Come in Peace (B) - Possibly Glitched

Shocking (B)

Pinball Wizard (B)

The Answer is 42 (S)

Who Is Teratomo? (S)

Floopsnoot Queen Defeated (S)(H)

Teratomo Defeated (S)(H)

Teratomo? Teratomo! (G)(H)

Step 4: Speed run and get the bad ending

4hrs doesn't sound like a lot of time but you can get this trophy in as little as 55mins, though 2hrs is a more likely time for the average player. You will also be getting the bad ending in this step and popping the Screw This Noise (B)(H) trophy.

No Refunds (S) - Missable

Screw This Noise (B)(H) - Missable

Step 5: Death related trophies + Cleanup

This is the homestretch and all you should have left are the death related trophies but if there are any other misc trophies you don't have, then use this step to get them

It's Me. But Not Me. But Still Me. (B)

Aaaaaaand we're back (B)(H)

Return To Sender (B)(H)

Once you have earned all the other trophies, the Platinum will pop: The Final Frontier (P)

Edited by Terminator
Fixed some formatting issues.
  • Thanks 1

Trophy Guide:

5c5f2c6d-10eb-418f-94b5-222ffa9a226a.jpg The Final Frontier (P)

All trophies unlocked! Wow! You got all the things! Did all the stuff! Endured all the poop jokes! Good job!

Get all the other trophies to obtain this one. Note: 100% in-game completion isn't needed for the Platinum so don't panic if you get to the end of the game and you're at 99%. If you do want to go for the 100%, then please see this list by someone on the official Reddit page: LINK

b0275adb-ca8d-4484-8add-4d5cf64e4948.jpg Open Seasame (S)

Enter The Spire. I've got a bad feeling about this...

Story related, can't be missed.

[spoiler=OS]You will get this after restoring power to the Spire, then entering it. See this walkthrough if you get stuck trying to figure out how to restore the power (credit to gameranx.com): LINK

Note: The name of this trophy is misspelt and should say "Open Sesame".

170573e7-8ad3-49f0-9d7b-32ee98ed3428.jpg Phone Home (B)

Play a video message from Kindred. Guess they didn't forget about us!

POSSIBLY GLITCHED

Glitch note: There's a possibility that the tweed_welcome.kov video is glitched and won't count towards this trophy, because I viewed it on my first playthrough and it counted but it didn't when I watched it with my alt account.

Here's the full list of available video messages:

- tweed_welcome.kov

- tweed_personal.kov

- tweed_mystery.kov

- tweed_anniversary.kov

- tweed_celebration.kov - I'm not sure how to make this one appear, because it appeared during my second playthrough but not my first.

- tweed_angry.kov - This one only appears when you get the bad ending.

- tweed_meatball.kov

- tweed_refueled.kov

- tweed_final.kov

- tweed_animals.kov

Note: Until a video has finished playing on the main viewscreen, it won't appear in your Videos folder, even if the "You've Got Mail" icon is showing.

ee624cca-475d-4ef6-a922-4860def46a03.jpg Cannibals (B)

Bait 5 creatures into attacking each other. Divide and conquer: Classic strat.

Note: This trophy has to be done locally and won't pop in a friend's world. Credit to AeroX999 for this info.

You can get this very early on in the game, by entering the cave near where you scanned the Javelin wreckage then throwing some Bait on (not at) the Pufferbirds you find there. When you run out of Bait, collect more from the near by GROB container.

Edited by Terminator

1f09e74f-a5fe-4049-95ce-d2293a7a0a04.jpg The $600 Man (G)

3D-print all the 3D-printables. After that, go ahead and 3D-print yourself a gold star!

Note: When going for this trophy, you will also unlock the following trophies along the way so don't worry about them too much: Cragclaw Defeated, Floopsnoot Queen Defeated, Teratomo Defeated, Teratomo? Teratomo!, Open Seasame, Little Shop of Horrors, For Science!, Build It Up, I Feel The Same. I Think?, Shocking and Pinball Wizard. Note: The Hot Garbage DLC added 5 new upgrades to the game but none of them are needed for this trophy.

Here's a list of all the items you have to print:-

Weapon:

Nomad Pistol - Story Related

Supercharged Shot - Requires the Nomad Pistol

Bounce Shot - Requires Rank 2: Explorer

Bounce Bomb - Requires Rank 3: Field Explorer

Advanced Battery - Requires the Nomad Pistol

Advanced Battery 2 - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Advanced Battery 3 - Requires Rank 3: Explorer

Advanced Battery 4 - Requires Rank 4: Executive Explorer

Improved Damage - Requires the Nomad Pistol

Improved Damage 2 - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Improved Damage 3 - Requires Rank 3: Explorer

Improved Damage 4 - Requires Rank 4: Executive Explorer

Fast Reload - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Fastest Reload - Requires Rank 3: Explorer

Items:

Bombegranate Stabilizer - Complete the "Kill It With Fire" mission (triggered by scanning a Cracked Wall)

Bombegranate Booster - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Shock Fruit Stabilizer - Complete the "Static Panic" mission (triggered by scanning an Alien Proximity Door)

Shock Fruit Booster - Requires Rank 4: Executive Explorer

Blight Bomb Stabilizer - Complete the "Fun With Corrosives" mission (triggered by scanning a Blight Bomb plant)

Blight Bomb Booster - Requires Rank 3: Field Explorer

Better Utility Belt - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Best Utility Belt - Requires Rank 3: Explorer

Gear:

Proton Tether - Story Related - Triggered by scanning a Grapple Flower

Advanced Proton Tether - Story Related - Triggered by scanning a Grapple Rail

Live Sampler - Required for the For Science! and Ambidextrous trophies

Precious Stuff Magnet - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Landing Impact Nullifier - Requires Rank 4: Executive Explorer

Backpack:

Jump Thrusters - Story Related

Triple Thrusters - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Quadruple Thrusters - Requires Rank 3: Explorer

Faster Refuel - Requires Rank 3: Explorer

Launch Boosters - Story Related

Advanced Launch Boosters - Requires Rank 3: Explorer

Stomp Boosters - Story Related

Advanced Stomp Boosters - Requires Rank 4: Executive Explorer

Visor:

Smarter Visor - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Alien Alloy Detector - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Fuel Detector - Requires Rank 3: Explorer

Orange Goo Detector - Requires Rank 2: Field Explorer

Alien Artifact Detector - Requires Rank 4: Executive Explorer

The first few upgrades only require Carbon, Silicon and/or Aluminium to Print them but the later upgrades require some or all of those, plus 1 or 2 Alien Alloys before Printing can commence. Once you have Printed all of the above items, the trophy will pop.

Each new rank of the Science Experiments is triggered by story events, thus you will have to reach the third area before all 4 will become available. See these videos by Gaming with Abyss which show how to clear all 4 Explorer ranks and unlock all the rank related upgrades in the process:-

Rank 2:

Rank 3:

Rank 4:

Note: Certain experiments have to be done in a single sitting, else the stats will be reset to zero if you reload your save.

ce98b198-bf9a-467b-83c9-8ddb3e67a01b.jpg Stronger, Faster, Probably Poisonous (S)

Recklessly and irresponsibly eat every Orange Goo on AR-Y 26.

Here's an example of an Orange Goo:

ORYulA2.png

There are 100 Orange Goo's on AR-Y 26 (some of which are story related) but you only require approximately 60 of them to max out your Health and Stamina. Having the Orange Goo Detector upgrade will make your life much easier but for the ones hidden in obscure and hard to reach places, see this video by Gaming with Abyss:

If you don't want to use the video and just want to figure things out for yourself, then buy the Orange Goo Detector upgrade when it becomes available (which you have to do anyway for the The $600 Man trophy).

001001b1-c2bd-416d-b4eb-7396bc74a19a.jpg Ambidextrous (B)

Use every left hand tool in the game. Gotta hand it to you: You're pretty handy.

Here's the full list of every left hand tool:

Bait - Story Related

Gelatinous Blob - Needed for the Turdball Wizard trophy

Blinding Bile - Needed for part of the Rank 3: Field Explorer experiments

Grapple Seed - Story Related

Blight Bomb - Needed for part of the Rank 3: Field Explorer experiments

Shock Fruit - Needed for part of the Rank 4: Field Explorer experiments

Live Sampler - Requires the Live Sampler Upgrade

Use each of these once, then the trophy will pop.

63551abe-944e-46ee-ab14-e415533f3794.jpg It's Not In The Game (B)

Collect every obnoxious video ad on your computer.

Here's the full list of all 8 obnoxious video ads in the order they appear:

GROB

Meat Buddy

Mini Mall Monkey's Micro Mall Plaza

Brain Wipes

MobaMobaMobaMobile VR v17: Golden Fleece Edition

Blobline

Wedgie Burger

We Like Weird

These will all appear at some point whilst playing the game so periodically return to the Javelin and see if any new adverts are available but the trophy won't pop until you check the Videos folder in the ship's computer, after the final advert has been added.

The Hot Garbage DLC adds the following ones that don't count towards this trophy:

Monsta Crib

The Slammers

Core Jacker

4aa8a15f-a5ed-4743-a035-09d5363c0440.jpg Your Friendly Neighbourhood... (B)

Execute 10 consecutive grapples without touching the ground. You're like some kind of arachnid-man.

The earliest you can do this trophy is after installing the Proton Tether. Once you have it, find 3 or 4 Grapple Barnacles that are close together then throw a Grapple Seed at each one to create a Grapple point. After doing that, grapple between them by using :l1: - rinse and repeat 10 times then the trophy will pop. Credit to Livingstone and ThePriceysRight for discovering this.

Note: You must have the 1.08 or higher patch installed, for this trick to work.

408280cd-1071-474a-96fc-c5d9593f1b8a.jpg For Science! (S)

Complete the first set of Science Experiments. Science: It's not just for nerds!

Since you have to complete all 4 sets of Science Experiments for the (P), please see The $600 Man for a video walkthrough.

5a9c35ec-6f51-4ef3-b00d-a1d4c1eb5dd4.jpg Deleted But Not Forgotten (B)

Read all of the previous explorer's emails. Kinda nosy if you ask me.

You can do this right at the start of the game after being granted access to the ship's computer. Click on the Trash icon and open all 5 emails you find there, then the trophy will pop.

Edited by Terminator

32123bc7-9e59-46d0-a80c-d4c0a5878252.jpg No Refunds (S)

Finish the game in under 4 hours. See you at GDQ!

MISSABLE

This trophy is a lot easier and far less daunting than it sounds, because most of the missions/objectives can be skipped and you only need to find 5 fuel pods before you can fly home. Follow this video by Gaming with Abyss and the mini-Guide by Valkirye22, then you will have this trophy in 2hrs or less:

Valkirye22 said:
For anyone checking this before their speedrun, here's the fastest and easiest way to finish:

1. Towering Crystals teleporter - Only the Proton Tether upgrade is required (also needed for story progress) 0:45 in the video.

2. Planetary Flotsam teleporter - You can get it before obtaining the Advanced Proton Tether upgrade, by tossing 2 Gelatinous Blobs on each of the tether nodes. If you time it right, jump on the first, then the second and a single thruster boost will get you to the fuel cell (3:55 in the video (you can also return later when you got the upgrade, since you have to get it to reach the third area anyway)).

3. Festering Chasm teleporter - The Bombegranate upgrade isn't required, you can just throw one up to the cracked wall from below, there is one bomb plant just to the right. If you have trouble jumping up with only one thruster charge as in the video try via the rocks on the left and you can do it that way too. 4:15 in the video.

4. Festering Chasm teleporter - As shown in the video at 5:10, this one is in a cave so no upgrades needed.

5. Pillars of Xzorgana teleporter - As shown in the video at 7:05, you don't need the double jump so jump on top of the green pillar to the left before jumping on the ledge. You can make it through the cave with Grapple points, then quickly grab the fuel but you might as well let the creatures kill you - This will respawn you back in the Javelin and you can immediately travel back.

All in all, this is easily doable in an hour without rushing.

The only upgrades you will need are the ones needed for story/area progress: Jump Thrusters, Proton Tether, Advanced Proton Tether and the Launch Boosters.

You don't need to collect resources and alien alloys or create any extra upgrades, because grabbing the resources from the veins and animals you come across you should have more than enough to craft the mandatory stuff you need.

My notes:

• For the fuel pod near the Planetary Flotsam teleporter, I strongly recommend coming back later when you have the Advanced Proton Tether upgrade. This is because trying to correctly place some Gelatinous Blobs on them is a fiddly waste of time that rarely ever works.

• For the fifth and final fuel pod, I strongly recommend upgrading your Pistol and finding enough Orange Goo to gain 10 health bars so you will be able to survive the Schnozo assault, long enough to tag the fuel pod and get out of there without dying.

• You can check your time, by saving and quitting, then looking at the timestamp on the relevant file.

• The above quote has been edited to fix various typos, grammatical errors and terminology mistakes.

If you want to swot up on how the speed run should go, then please see this sub-1hr run by Optinoob:

Optinoob has also provided a farming Guide for the basic resources you will need:

Tips:

• Don't die!: Dying will cause you to lose vital time, due to having to fast travel back to the site of your death and retrieve your loot box.

• Upgrade your Pistol: The more powerful your weapon, the quicker you'll be able to kill enemies and the less chance there is of you dying a messy death.

• Look before you leap: Not only will a mis-timed jump lead to a messy death or massive loss of health but you will subsequently lose time, due to having to find your way back to your previous position.

• Don't engage the locals if you don't have to: Most of the wildlife is harmless if you don't attack them so don't get trigger happy and risk getting into a fight you can't win.

• Find as much Orange Goo as possible: Orange Goo is the only way to increase your health and stamina but the more you find, the more it takes to increase them.

• Save and quit to the XMB if you have to consult a video or Guide: The game doesn't have a pause feature, therefore the game will continue in the background even if you're in a menu. Due to this, I strongly recommend quitting the game entirely and return to the XMB if you get stuck and have to consult a video or Guide.

• Explosives hurt!: Bombegranates have a large blast radius, even when un-upgraded so be very careful about how and where you use them.

Both No Refunds and Screw This Noise will pop during the end credits, if you manage to finish the game in 4hrs or less and only recover 5 fuel pods.

56e48960-d7ee-4630-a2cc-48f7333bfff9.jpg Flippin' the bird (B)

Get launched by a Pufferbird, then kill it.

Note: This trophy has to be done locally and won't pop in a friend's world. Credit to AeroX999 for this info.

The easiest way to get this trophy is to attack a Pufferbird in the same cave you used for the Cannibals trophy then shoot it after it headbutts you.

c9f34985-d6e7-4219-97c6-c3848655fddc.jpg Turdball Wizard (B)

Consecutively bounce on 5 different Springy Egg Sacs. It's like an ethically-iffy bouncy castle!

Note: You can save yourself a little bit of time by waiting until you have installed the Better Utility Belt upgrade and are able to carry 5 Gelatinous Blobs at once.

The earliest you can get this trophy is when you reach the Towering Crystals Teleporter in the Landing Site zone. Shoot the Metallic Seed Bag indicated below and collect the Gelatinous Blobs it drops.

ER5GL70.png

Until you upgrade your Utility Belt, you can only carry 3 Gelatinous Blobs so will have to collect 2 more after placing your existing ones. Place 5 Gelatinous Blobs in a straight(ish) line then jump on them and the trophy will pop after landing on the fifth one in a row without missing any of the others.

cac91231-b633-4ba6-b199-337b5585010d.jpg That's all people really want to do... (B)

Kick 10 Pufferbirds in 45 seconds. It's why you bought the game. We get it.

This is a tricky one but the easiest place to do it is in the area West of the Meteor Crater Teleporter. See this video by AchievementSquad:

There is a certain amount of luck involved with this, because it's dependant on how many Pufferbirds decide to spawn in. Once you've baited and kicked (press :square:) the 4-6 that spawn in the initial area, turn round then jump down to the area East of your location and kick as many Pufferbirds as you can find. If the trophy doesn't pop, then reload your game and try again.

6a37ff56-a7b2-45e5-ab44-113ff046020f.jpg Au-revoir Gopher! (B)

Kill 5 Schnozos in 15 seconds. Moles ain't gonna whack themselves.

The earliest you can attempt this trophy is when you reach the area where the Repaired Teleporter is located in the Elevated Realm. The Schnozos are located to the South of the teleporter but to make life easier, make sure you have some damage and battery upgrades installed in your Pistol. This will take skill and a little bit of luck, because the Schnozos don't hang around for very long before disappearing back into their holes.

1541a2b1-c341-425e-956f-febb8f8ff275.jpg Scott Norwood in the Hizzy... (B)

Kick 25 Pufferbirds and 25 Maroons. It's ok. I don't know who Scott Norwood is either.

You can find Pufferbirds pretty much anywhere and are the first creature you will encounter but the Maroons are only found in the Elevated Realm. Here's what a Maroon looks like:

0RevE5L.png

Unfortunately, there's no in-game method of tracking this trophy so you'll have to keep a mental note of how many Pufferbirds and Maroons you have kicked.

af7c74e5-1328-48ac-a3bd-d0bb72be1c1f.jpg What Would You Two Maniacs Like To Do First? (B)

Start a Co-Op game. It must be nice having friends...

Note: PS+ is required to play online.

Since there's no matchmaking, server browser or local co-op for this game, you will need a friend who also owns a copy. To start a Co-Op game, go: Cooperative => Select Save Slot => Invite Player. Once both players are ready, press "Start Game" then the trophy will pop shortly after you have loaded into the game world. See here for the boosting thread: LINK

Edited by Terminator

2d6e9c03-fa3f-4937-b8fd-e10ec7260008.jpg We came, We Saw, We Kicked Its Ass (B)

Crack Cragclaw with a Co-Op partner. Teamwork really does make the dream work.

MISSABLE

See Cragclaw Defeated

c07c37a4-3675-4ed5-a5d2-234fe360ad04.jpg A Little Help, Please (B)

Revive your Co-Op partner. Let's hope they learn to start pulling their weight.

Note: You have to be somewhere outside before this trophy is obtainable, because all weapons and attacks are disabled whilst inside the Javelin.

Have your friend down themselves somehow, then all you have to do is walk up to them and press :square:.

618b6a1e-c6cf-4c4e-b27e-0bfc96309689.jpg Home At Last (G)

You've returned home after fully completing your mission! You're a hero!

[spoiler=HAL]To get this trophy, you have to do the following:

- Find and recover all 10 fuel pods (See No Refunds for a video Guide)

- Kill all 3 bosses (see Cragclaw Defeated, Floopsnoot Queen Defeated and Teratomo Defeated respectively for walkthroughs to defeating them)

- Retrieve the Planet Seed from Teratomo

- Complete all the Primary missions

Once you have done all of the above, return to the Javelin and press :square: on the Command Console to launch the ship into orbit and pop the trophy once the Credits start.

Note: None of the "Scan" related trophies are required to earn this one.

2962e832-1adc-45f4-9dab-284fb638ed00.jpg Botanist (S)

Scan all the flora on AR-Y 26!

Notes: The description for this trophy is very misleading, because it fails to mention that you also have to scan various minerals as well. Also note that you will get this on the way to Build It Up.

Here's the full Alphabetical list of of all 63 flora (plants) you need to scan:

[spoiler=botanist1]Aluminium Vein

Amber Armour

Bellowbulb

Big Ol' Nut

Blight Bomb Plant

Blight Bomb Plant (Baby)

Blight Bomb Plant (Teen)

Bombegranate Plant

Bombegranate Plant (Baby)

Bombegranate Plant (Teen)

Bombodoro

Breezee

Bright Blossom

Bulwark Bush

Burgle Haven

Cacnut

Canopy Leaf

Carbon Vein

Citrasweet

Combativore

Crackle Cap

Dripping Orifice

Feeble Cap

Floatshroom

Fragile Crystal

Fungissimo

Giant Bombegranate

Glow Shrub

Gossamer Wood

Grapple Flower

Grapple Rail

Grotesque Opening

Jellywaft Pit

Large Ant Mound

Larval Jelly

Mallowsap

Massive Skull

Metallic Seed Bag

Polypod Tree

Pufferbird Spring

Pufferbird Burial Ground

Pufferbird Nest

Pus Launcher

Salt Crystal

Schnozo Hole

Shock Fruit Planet

Shock Fruit Planet (Baby)

Shock Fruit Planet (Teen)

Silicon Vein

Smoke Spout

Space Lettuce

Splinter Timber

Springy Egg Sac

Stinkshroom

Stone Armour

Succulescent

Swarm Hive

Swarm Hive Shield

Tentareeds

Tentaweeds

Vaultivore

Vitality Plant

Witherwood

Also, see this video by AchievementSquad but unfortunately it isn't in alphabetical order:

Timestamps (credit to Sustained Dissonance for putting them in alphabetical order):

[spoiler=botanist2]3:57 - Aluminium Vein

19:39 - Amber Armour

22:09 - Bellowbulb

23:59 - Big Ol' Nut

14:06 - Blight Bomb Plant

16:38 - Blight Bomb Plant (Baby)

16:04 - Blight Bomb Plant (Teen)

10:17 - Bombegranate Plant

19:07 - Bombegranate Plant (Baby)

10:00 - Bombegranate Plant (Teen)

11:31 - Bombodoro

30:11 - Breezee

11:01 - Bright Blossom

20:10 - Bulwark Bush

13:06 - Burgle Haven

13:36 - Cacnut

7:55 - Canopy Leaf

3:09 - Carbon Vein

8:13 - Citrasweet

16:57 - Combativore

34:56 - Crackle Cap

36:14 - Dripping Orifice

28:41 - Feeble Cap

25:12 - Floatshroom

0:57 - Fragile Crystal

20:48 - Fungissimo

9:15 - Giant Bombegranate

12:20 - Glow Shrub

26:11 - Gossamer Wood

3:36 - Grapple Flower

24:27 - Grapple Rail

35:52 - Grotesque Opening

5:44 - Jellywaft Pit

7:32 - Large Ant Mound

23:24 - Larval Jelly

35:17 - Mallowsap

5:19 - Massive Skull

2:47 - Metallic Seed Bag

2:02 - Polypod Tree

4:27 - Pufferbird Spring

21:16 - Pufferbird Burial Ground

4:57 - Pufferbird Nest

36:35 - Pus Launcher

1:20 - Salt Crystal

31:25 - Schnozo Hole

33:44 - Shock Fruit Planet

34:34 - Shock Fruit Planet (Baby)

34:10 - Shock Fruit Planet (Teen)

8:37 - Silicon Vein

10:34 - Smoke Spout

32:34 - Space Lettuce

27:48 - Splinter Timber

2:24 - Springy Egg Sac

19:55 - Stinkshroom

17:32 - Stone Armour

30:55 - Succulescent

29:02 - Swarm Hive

29:35 - Swarm Hive Shield

0:33 - Tentareeds

7:02 - Tentaweeds

6:09 - Vaultivore

1:44 - Vitality Plant

31:55 - Witherwood

7a71911e-49d7-4f7b-94ce-faedcee61472.jpg Zoologist (S)

Scan all the creatures on AR-Y 26!

Note: To save yourself any unnecessary grief later on with the I Come in Peace trophy, get into the habit of scanning then slapping/kicking (press :square:) every new creature you encounter but do note that contrary to popular belief, the creatures don't have to be alive for them to count towards either trophy. Also note, there's no in-game way to track which creatures you have and haven't slapped.

Here's the alphabetical and categorized list of all 37 creatures you have to scan and slap/kick:

[spoiler=Zoologist]Predator:

Barfer

Boomberbang (Feral)

Boomberbang (Hermit)

Cragclaw - Boss

Floopsnoot

Floopsnoot Matriarch - Boss

Insectoid Swarm

Jellywaft (Inferior)

Jellywaft (Prime)

Kapyena (Battle)

Kapyena (Widow)

Meat Vortex

Pikemander (Desert)

Pikemander (Marbled)

Porcupod

Infected Pufferbird - Possibly glitched and will have to be slapped a few times, for it to count towards I Come in Peace.

Schnozo

Slamphibian (Grizzled)

Slamphibian (Heath)

Sproutlook

Teratomo - Boss

Prey:

Baboushka

Baboushka (Demi)

Baboushka (Quarter)

Burglesnatch (Balmy)

Burglesnatch (Tundra)

Imperial Scarab

Maroon

Mesmertoxin

Osmotic Cube

Pufferbird (Alpha)

Pufferbird (Cave)

Pufferbird (Snowy)

Pufferbird (Valley)

Skipper (Royal)

Skipper (Scotch)

Skipper (Tortoiseshell)

Also, see this video by AchievementSquad but unfortunately it isn't in alphabetical or categorized order:

Timestamps:

[spoiler=zoologist]1:04 - Pufferbird (snowy)

1:33 - Mesmertoxin

2:11 - Pufferbird (Alpha)

2:40 - Burglesnatch (Tundra)

3:41 - Jellywaft (Inferior)

4:34 - Baboushka

5:05 - Baboushka (Demi)

5:44 - Baboushka (Quarter)

6:05 - Pufferbird (Valley)

6:44 - Meat Vortex

7:51 - Pufferbird (Cave)

9:18 - Burglesnatch (Balmy)

10:43 - Porcupod

11:30 - Pikemander (Marbled)

12:17 - Barfer

13:11 - Sproutlook

14:36 - Boomberbang (Hermit)

15:17 - Osmotic Cube

16:30 - Cragclaw - Boss

17:25 - Jellywaft (Prime)

19:04 - Skipper (Scotch)

19:59 - Skipper (Tortoise)

20:57 - Pufferbird (Infected) - Possibly glitched and will have to be slapped a few times, for it to count towards I Come in Peace.

21:02 - Floopsnoot

21:56 - Insectoid Swarm

23:16 - Kapeyna (Widowed)

24:12 - Skipper (Royal)

25:00 - Boomberbang (Feral)

25:38 - Floopsnoot Matriarch - Boss

26:20 - Maroon

27:01 - Imperial Scarab

27:40 - Schnozo

28:23 - Pikemander (Deserter)

28:53 - Slamphibian (Grizzled)

29:29 - Slamphibian (Heath)

30:00 - Kapeyna (Battle)

31:00 - Teratomo - Boss

Edited by Terminator

827834c1-9507-45ba-acfa-bf09f747266d.jpg Build It Up (S)

Gather half the Alien Alloy on AR-Y 26. I'm half-impressed!

There are 32 Alien Alloys in the game and you have to find 16 for this trophy but all of them are required for The $600 Man trophy. See this video by AchievementSquad:

Some of the Alien Alloys are story related but most are tied to optional side missions and the rest are off the beaten track so will require the Alien Alloy Detector upgrade to locate them.

9f05f885-da47-4a74-bff8-5c2f17997965.jpg I Feel The Same. I Think? (B)

Unlock the Alien Teleportation System. Beats walking!

[spoiler=IFTS.IT?]You will get this trophy once you unlock the Towering Crystals Teleporter in the Landing site area.[/spoiler]

65ba4167-63bb-472b-97c9-de46c2690021.jpg It's Me. But Not Me. But Still Me. (B)

Scan your own corpse. Best not to think about it too much...

See Aaaaaaand we're back

5e1843b6-b07b-486d-a9c3-b6b3dd206d82.jpg I Come in Peace (B)

Slap every alien creature at least once. I suppose that counts as "first contact".

POSSIBLY GLITCHED

Notes: The description for this trophy is a little misleading, because it fails to mention that kicking is also an option. Also note that there is a possibility that this trophy could glitch, due to the Infected Pufferbirds not always counting correctly. If it does, find an Infected Pufferbird then kick it and the trophy will pop. Credit to AeroX999 for this info.

See Zoologist

ea4a4fb9-45c1-4b76-b12b-d08fc1073237.jpg Shocking (B)

Stun 5 creatures simultaneously with Shock Fruit. Stone cold.

Notes: This can't be done until after you have done the mission to retrieve the Shock Fruit Stabilizer upgrade and also obtained the Shock Fruit Booster upgrade. Also note that this trophy has to be done locally and won't pop in a friend's world. Credit to AeroX999 for this info.

The easiest place to do this trophy, is at the same spot you got That's all people really want to do.... Once you're at the appropriate spot, throw some bait down then zap the Pufferbirds that show up. If you've done it right, then the trophy will pop.

f69acace-97e9-492d-a4b1-ac477ea4fd34.jpg Pinball Wizard (B)

Kill 5 creatures with a single Charged Shot. Because aiming is for chumps!

This is best done when going for Rank 4: Field Explorer so please see the relevant video in the The $600 Man walkthrough.

a02f2104-48d0-4bb3-97ba-515c8c8a23b0.jpg The Answer is 42 (S)

Fully decrypt and watch the tower origin transmission.

There are 10 Alien Tablets in the game but to pop the trophy, you have to watch the 11 videos they add to the Alien Research folder in the ship's computer. See this video by Gaming with Abyss:

If you don't want to use the video and just want to figure things out for yourself, then buy the Alien Artifact Detector upgrade when it becomes available (which you have to do anyway for the The $600 Man trophy).

f41d4a9e-ccb9-4082-abeb-7509723094ef.jpg  ho Is Teratomo? (S)

Collect and read every Alien Explorer Log.

There are 8 Alien Explorer Logs in the game but to pop the trophy, you have to open the Alien Research folder in the ship's computer then read all 8 logs. See this video by Gaming with Abyss:

If you don't want to use the video and just want to figure things out for yourself, then buy the Alien Artifact Detector upgrade when it becomes available.

d872544b-5327-4f26-be34-6cff0e2c3257.jpg Colonizer (B)(H)

Set foot on AR-Y 26 for the first time. I guess that counts as an achievement?

This will pop, after you use the Javelin's Teleporter for the first time at the very start of the game.

fceb6807-4a98-4147-beb9-c51c2aeca8b7.jpg Cragclaw Defeated (S)(H)

Cragclaw down. Break out the garlic butter!

[spoiler=CD]You will fight Cragclaw during the mission "Investigate the Tower" but providing you go in with at least 80 health, 10secs of Stamina and all the Lv1 upgrades for your Nomad Pistol, the battle will be an easy one.

Cragclaw only has 2 attacks: A Fire Shockwave and a Lava Bomb, both of which are easy to avoid by either jumping over them or using your Proton Tether to jump to another platform. To kill him, shoot the yellow orbs on the end of the stalks on his head, whilst dodging his attacks. Once you have destroyed the first set of orbs, Cragclaw will collapse then sprout some more after a few seconds. Destroy this second set of orbs, then he will spawn a third and final set so destroy them to kill him.

Note: I strongly recommend doing this trophy in co-op so you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone by netting both it and We came, We Saw, We Kicked Its Ass at the same time, else you will have to do a second playthrough on account that Cragclaw doesn't respawn like all the other non-boss enemies do after reloading your save.

e62773f5-943f-46e9-a138-c0166d6c0896.jpg Floopsnoot Queen Defeated (S)(H)

Successfully ended the bloodline of an endangered alien species! Congratulations!

[spoiler=FQD]You will fight the Floopsnoot Queen during the mission "Fun With Corrosives" but providing you go in with at least 90 health, 12secs of Stamina and all the Lv1 upgrades for your Nomad Pistol (though having a couple of the Lv2 upgrades as well is advisable), the battle will be an easy one.

The Floopsnoot Queen only has 1 attack, which is to flick her Tongues at you but they are easily dodged. The real threat is from the baby Floopsnoots she summons, because they can teleport anywhere at will and can be hard to hit but you can even the odds by shooting at the spot where they're about appear and kill them as they spawn in. To kill the Queen herself, you first have to blind her by shooting her eye until she flinches and reveals the amber weakspots on her body. After she loses a third of her health, she will open her eye again so blind her for the second time and she will spawn a layer of armour to protect her weakspots. To remove the armour, you have to use your Proton Tether to reach the nearby Blight Bombs and use them melt it off each one so you can shoot the weakspot underneath. The third and final phase is just a repeat of the previous one so repeat what you did last time but to finish her off, you have to shoot her eye one last time.[/spoiler]

Edited by Terminator
Replaced an incorrect video.

afe50719-5429-42f9-ac10-139ad0a059bb.jpg Teratomo Defeated (S)(H)

Teratomo is no mo'. Now go take a shower. You smell bad. Very bad.

[spoiler=TD]You will fight this boss during the "Investigate The Tower: Find the Planet Seed" mission. I recommend having max health and stamina, plus most of the Lv3 upgrades for your Nomad Pistol before beginning this fight.

Teratomo is the biggest and toughest boss in the game but still a push over if you know what to do. He has 4 attacks: Goo shots, Lava bombs, Jellywaft summons and a melee attack he does with his 2 front Tentacles but all of them are easy enough to avoid by using your Proton Tether to jump between the various platforms. This is a 3 phase fight but each one plays out exactly the same i.e. destroy enough of the glowing blobs on his body so he's knocked unconscious long enough for you to try and remove the Planet Seed from his mouth, only for you to get thrown out - Rinse and repeat until you have destroyed all of the blobs and are able to successfully remove the Planet Seed.[/spoiler]

5d27db35-5bad-4ee4-938d-2ecbc6b265b9.jpg Aaaaaaand we're back (B)(H)

You died! Now you're not dead! Huh. Weird!

It's best to do this and all the other death related trophies at the start of the game when you're easier to kill. The easiest way to get this trophy, is to attack a Pufferbird in the same cave you used for the Cannibals trophy, then let it kill you. After respawning inside the Javelin (which will pop Aaaaaaand we're back), head back outside then follow the Mission Marker (indicated by a Purple Parcel on your HUD) and locate both your corpse and loot box. Here's what your loot box looks like:

1OCUE8y.png

Your corpse and loot box should be within a few feet of each other but sometimes you will have to return to the site of your death, to find your corpse. Scanning your corpse will pop It's Me. But Not Me. But Still Me. and collecting your loot box will pop Return To Sender.

Note: Due to either a bug or a weird gameplay design choice (I'm not sure which it is) you can drop a loot box without actually killing yourself, by collecting some resources then quitting the game and reloading your save. For some reason, this action counts as a death and will generate a loot box at the spot where you quit the game so return there and collect it.

4f065e88-b1c7-4872-adf5-c362da626d35.jpg Little Shop of Horrors (B)(H)

Fed 5 Pufferbirds to a Meat Vortex. Yes, it blends!

This is an example of a Meat Vortex:

MLSoAPX.png

Some of these are story related but most are off the beaten track and hide various collectibles. When you locate a Meat Vortex, lure a Pufferbird over with some bait then kick it at the Meat Vortex and it will be sucked in. Rinse and repeat with 4 more Meat Vortexes, then the trophy will pop.

1ddb8ab3-8dc9-4b81-b0ab-8b7b41674e92.jpg Return To Sender (B)(H)

Retrieved your own loot box. Death is no excuse for leaving behind Kindred property!

See Aaaaaaand we're back

544a8a26-86f2-45d2-ba2f-fd775ae3b9ea.jpg Teratomo? Teratomo! (G)(H)

Re-emerged onto AR-Y 26 after killing Teratomo. Back to work, I suppose!

[spoiler=T?T!]This will pop soon after you get Teratomo Defeated.[/spoiler]

3a350be9-5e69-448e-a9fa-0ca4372e9b27.jpg He Slimed Me (B)(H)

Got covered in ooey-gooey alien guts.

This is a very easy trophy, just find a Pufferbird then hit it with a fully charged slap (press and hold :square:) and you'll get covered in goo when it explodes.

51cc89bf-bcbd-47dc-9851-adb1936d2d38.jpg Don't Cross the Streams (B)(H)

Slapped your Co-Op partner. I'm sure you had a good reason for it.

Note: You have to be somewhere outside before this trophy is obtainable, because all weapons and attacks are disabled whilst inside the Javelin.

Just walk up to your friend and press :square:, then the trophy will pop.

9d2ae9b2-e49f-4a16-9d7f-34b50acd1f35.jpg Stop Crapping On Me, Jessie (B)(H)

Got pooped on by a Skipper. That's good luck, depending on who you ask. Not me. I think it's gross.

The earliest this can be done is when you arrive at the Planetary Flotsam. All you have to do is stand close enough to the Skipper indicated in the screenshot so it gets curious enough to come and investigate you, then take a dump on your head (credit to AchievementSquad for discovering this method).

atQ0Xcz.png

7d4a10d4-65dd-424e-b809-40d419760338.jpg Screw This Noise (B)(H)

You've returned home without fully completing your mission. I'd start looking for new work.

MISSABLE

It's best to combine this with No Refunds so see that for details.

ada7d3b4-5697-42c1-b7f6-06f171c4187d.jpg I Want To Go Home. Eventually. (B)(H)

Marked your first fuel pod. Momma, I'm coming home!

[spoiler=IWTGH.E.]After unlocking the Proton Tether upgrade, teleport to the Towering Crystals Teleporter then use the Proton Tether to climb up to the top of the indicated cliffs. Once you're up there, a new mission will trigger that has you locating, scanning and tagging a fuel pod for collection by the Cartographers. The trophy will pop after you press :square: on the indicated fuel pod.[/spoiler]

Edited by Terminator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
one quick question, does it have free roam later after finishing story? or all the miscellaneous trophy must be done during the story?

It depends on if you're in Old Game Minus mode or Normal mode, because Old Game Minus will delete your save after finishing the game whilst Normal mode allows free roam at all times and creates an auto save before leaving the planet so you can reload that and mop up any trophies you're missing.

Edited by Terminator

It depends on if you're in Old Game Minus mode or Normal mode, because Old Game Minus will delete your save after finishing the game whilst Normal mode allows free roam at all times and creates an auto save before leaving the planet so you can reload that and mop up any trophies you're missing.

thank you! this is my first playthrough, on normal mode so im good! :dance:

• 1 month later...

Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Goddamn man EVERY fucking thing is bullshit co-op nowadays on this damn system! I swear 9 out of the 10 games that actually pique my interest get ruined by this! Another game I'll be passing on because of it.

Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Co-op. Goddamn man EVERY fucking thing is bullshit co-op nowadays on this damn system! I swear 9 out of the 10 games that actually pique my interest get ruined by this! Another game I'll be passing on because of it.

Maybe it’s actually co-op games that pique your interest then? :rofl:

You can do all of the Co-Op trophies in under 10mins if you have a friend with 2 saves in the right places i.e. 1 before the Cragclaw fight in Normal mode and 1 before the Teratomo fight in Old Game Minus mode :).

Maybe you could play a game for fun?

The description of "your friendly neighborhood..." is wrong... I recieved the trophy using a wall of grapeseed grapple points... 4 of them I believe and just jumped back and forth between points...

Edited by Robinworldwide
Multi-posting. Please use the edit/multi quote buttons, thank you.

The description of "your friendly neighborhood..." is wrong... I recieved the trophy using a wall of grapeseed grapple points... 4 of them I believe and just jumped back and forth between points...

That's strange, because I tried doing something similar months ago on the Day 1 patch (v1.03) and nothing counted so had to use the method I linked to in the Guide :think:. It's possible that one of the recent patches has covertly changed the requirements of this trophy but I need more confirmations, before updating the Guide :think:.

In regards to the Your Friendly Neighbourhood... trophy, mine popped whilst moving all of the seeds around in the underground Fungi area.

All I was doing was spamming L1 to move stuff around, and it suddenly popped whilst I was on the floor and moving normally.

In regards to the Your Friendly Neighbourhood... trophy, mine popped whilst moving all of the seeds around in the underground Fungi area.

All I was doing was spamming L1 to move stuff around, and it suddenly popped whilst I was on the floor and moving normally.

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at this later on and see what can be done :).

• 3 months later...
There is one major flaw with this guide that I am surprised nobody as mentioned; you cannot manually save your game, yet the guide constantly suggests to do so.

That's weird, because I could have sworn I mentioned it at least once but must have deleted it by accident when posting the Guide a few months ago :confused:. Regardless, I'll get it re-added in a bit :).