Bounty Hunter trophy problems

jcopp72

Killing someone, is supposed to instantly give you a wanted rating but this game is so broken it's conceivable the game isn't recognising that you're supposed to be Wanted.

Here's what the Guide has to say:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7453/dc2.jpg Bounty Hunter (B)

Kill a Wanted Player

A player becomes wanted by either killing another player that doesn't engage with them or destroying items at another player's C.A.M.P.

PvP in Fallout 76 is done masterfully (in my opinion of course) and it keeps griefing to a minimum. In order to truly retain damage from another player you have to engage in combat with them otherwise the damage they do to you is greatly reduced. A high level player though can still very much kill you even if you don't engage but it would take a while.

Easiest way to get this trophy would be to boost it. Otherwise you'll be looking on the map to find a player that's wanted (they'll be red and it will state they are wanted) and hope they're lower leveled than you.

To boost it just join up with a friend (or boost partner) and have them damage easily replaceable items in your C.A.M.P. When they become wanted, kill them quickly (before randoms show up to do it for you.)

This same boosting method can be used to get your 20 player kills except you won't need them to be wanted except the one time. Just killing them normally will net you the 20 kills. Also note that it's much easier to kill them if once you shoot them they return a bit of fire. Once you're both "engaged" the damage reduction goes away.

To find a partner visit the boosting thread.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

The problem was I couldnt kill him, hitting him repeatedly didn't do anything to him. Someone from psn profiles just told me the picking a lock in another players camp will get me wanted. I'll try that next time I play.

That should work, yeah. The issue is that they've made it much harder to get "wanted" in this game, which in 99 percent of circumstances is good. You're not getting wanted, for example, when you accidentally hit an ally's turret when you're aiming at a feral ghoul. But if you're trying to make this trophy pop, it's a bit more difficult.

• 3 weeks later...