Red Dead Redemption 2 - Community Trophy Guide and Roadmap

danc

After an embarrassingly long delay (which I'm profusely sorry for :o), the community guide is finally posted.

I attached credit to each of the trophies where I could, however there are some I am unsure of (mainly online ones) and some I may have mis-credited, if you wrote anything here that wasn't credited please PM me with a list and I'll add that for you. Just because the guide is posted, doesn't mean you can't still help! If there is any additional information you can add or find any errors, then please let me know.

Finally, anybody who contributed to the guide will get this award, with thanks to Prozendaal:

pb6Eiep.png

Check the list under the Platinum trophy, if you contributed and aren't there, please let me know.

Thank you very much to everyone who contributed and for your patience!

This game is a pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. I'm still in Chapter 2 right now and I just got done with Hosea's mission where you hunt the Legendary Bear. I stayed behind and managed to kill it, skinned it and had it's hide on my horse.

Right as I was about to head back to camp there was a stranger mission that popped up with a lady trapped under a horse. I helped her out, and offered to give her a ride back. Unfortunately since I had the hide on my horse she couldn't get on unless I left it behind.

Naturally I let her find her own way home, I wanted to return this hide back to Pearson. But for future reference...say I took the hide down and left it behind a rock or something and placed a marker there, then took the lady back home. If I returned after that would the hide have still been there...or would it have despawned?

If you lose the hide/pelt of a legendary animal you can still access it and any other materials gained from the animal at a trapper, so you will always be able to craft gear and stuff that requires these hides etc. You will never permanently lose them if you die while carrying them, or if you happen to lose them in any other way.

If you lose the hide/pelt of a legendary animal you can still access it and any other materials gained from the animal at a trapper, so you will always be able to craft gear and stuff that requires these hides etc. You will never permanently lose them if you die while carrying them, or if you happen to lose them in any other way.
Oh, so I don't have to physically bring the trapper the hide? It'll still be in my inventory if I showed up to him without actually carrying it?

Oh, so I don't have to physically bring the trapper the hide? It'll still be in my inventory if I showed up to him without actually carrying it?

I think legendary stuff will only appear at a trapper if you actually lose them in some way. IIRC if you do abandon or lose something you will get a message on screen saying to visit a trapper for your stuff. I wouldn't recommend actually dumping any pelts or hides you have on you lol. I have heard some people say they had a glitch where certain pelts wouldn't show up at the trapper, or would take ages to do so after they lost them, but I had no issues. I just saved the game after each legendary kill in case I died, and went straight to the trapper each time as that's probably the easiest thing to do and will save you any potential hassle.

As for normal pelts and stuff, you will lose them permanently, just so you know.

Okay I'm on the mission where you have to break Micah out of Prison...and holy hell, I didn't know I was going to run into a mission that completely rapes my honor. I'm like close to full honor and by the end of this mission I'm barely a quarter of the way up from Neutral.

Is there no other way to do this mission without losing so much honor? I reloaded my Auto-save in hopes I can tackle this differently. It feels completely counter intuitive to how the game is supposed to work, and any work I put in to gain this honor goes right out the window like it was all pointless. I get if I had to lose a little bit...but this is a hell of a drop off.

I realize this is chapter 2, and I have plenty of opportunity to raise it again...but I'd rather not go through that. Was there some other route people have found over the last couple years?

EDIT: Okay so...on replaying the mission, I decided to use the method where you get the keys from one of the officers and letting him out of the Cell and I lost barely any honor...my bounty wasn't even as high as the first time (first time was over $300, this time it was $120). So I don't know if I just got lucky, or if the cell key method did the trick in some way.

Edited by TheViper4Life

Looking for help with the real deal trophy please, Ive played countless matches and no where closer then when I started, possibly the hardest trophy in the game, looking to boost this with 6 players if possible or even 16 so we can take turns.

PSN: Dx_Enzoem

I have a mi

You should use the boosting thread for help. Here ya go mate -

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/red-dead-redemption-2-a/331906-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post.html

It's unlikely you'll be able to boost this though but here's an easy way to get the real deal trophy. Play through a playlist until the Hostile Territories game mode comes up (this can be a slow process). The object of this game mode is to capture points on the map. All you need to do is rush towards any of the points and stay in the zone for the entire game and 9 times out of 10 you will get the MVP award because you'll have the most points. Try to stay hidden as best as possible and not die but if you do, just head straight to another point and try again. If you keep dying though it's unlikely you'll get enough points by the end of the game to get the MVP. This is by far the easiest method for the trophy though, forget races and everything else. Occasionally another player will try the same method but hopefully they will move away or die giving you the chance to get the most points. It kind of goes against the spirit of the game and it won't help your team much but who cares :p You'll be guaranteed to get it before long doing this method. Took me like 5 games because I died too much in a couple of them. Good luck!

Having a strange (possible) glitch. I can't seem to sell the Legendary Coyote Pelt to the trapper.

It's not there in my inventory when I attempt to sell it to him. It's there on the back of my horse, but I can't even grab it from there either. So when I open up the Horse Cargo, that screen with pelts doesn't even show up unless I press :l1: and then :r1: to go back to it.

I was able to get the Legendary Coyote Trinket from the Fencer...but the game is acting like this pelt doesn't exist. Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: So I went back to the spot where I killed the Coyote and the carcass was still there and allowed me to pick it up...so I was going to see if I could take it to the trapper and see if that would work for some reason. Ended up in a gun fight and ended up dying. So when I respawned the game told me the pelt went to the trapper. So I went to him to check and it wasn't there. So unless there's something I'm missing, I guess I need to reload a save from hours ago.

EDIT 2: So to make matters more weird. I turn the game on this morning and when it loads up...Arthur is wearing a completely new outfit that I didn't even buy, complete with an animal skin hat I don't recognize. So going into the Trapper (which is right where the game loaded me into)...it's the entire "The Hunsman" outfit and I never paid for it. It still has a lock icon at the trapper.

Edited by TheViper4Life

• 1 month later...

So I haven't played this in quite some time and have been meaning to finish it up 100% and get the platinum. Just have a quick question regarding the estimated play time. I have already finished the story and got the missable trophies done and I've done all of the online stuff. I need gold medals (not sure how many, at an estimate I would say I had 20 done), I need to 100% and I need to do the hunting/skinning stuff. Realistically how long do I have to plat? Am I looking at 50 hours? 100? I know it's hard to tell my exact progress based on that info but just looking for an estimate. Cheers!

Edited by PeachyJacobs

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/5152/4e7.jpg Lending a Hand (S)

Complete all optional Honor story missions.

HIGHLY MISSABLE

Pre-1.04, there was an exploit you could use: If you replay the epilogue mission Home Improvement for Beginners and/or Old Habits, this trophy will pop when you've finished the replay.

As of the latest patch (1.22) the exploit still exists, or it was re-introduced. I got this yesterday, there was some delay after replaying the Home Improvement for Beginners mission, but it popped after about 30 seconds

Is "Friends with benefits" missable or not? The overview marks it as such, but it's the only one of the 5 missable trophies listed there which does not have a red "Missable" marker under the guide for each trophy. The inconsistency is confusing.

That's a oversight, nothing more. The Missable tag was left out by accident :).

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

• 4 weeks later...

The Extreme Personality trophy is apparently not obtainable until chapter 6. Before then, you can't get the lowest or highest possible honor. That may be pertinent information to include in the guide.

I've been stuck on the second highest lvl for at least 30 hours of gameplay in chapter 3 and 4, despite doing everything in order to raise it; so there must be some merit to this.

The Extreme Personality trophy is apparently not obtainable until chapter 6. Before then, you can't get the lowest or highest possible honor. That may be pertinent information to include in the guide.

I've been stuck on the second highest lvl for at least 30 hours of gameplay in chapter 3 and 4, despite doing everything in order to raise it; so there must be some merit to this.

It's true. The game caps the honour you can earn until chapter 6, so the guide will need updating.

• 1 month later...

For the it's Art trophy, you should add that the 5th request hunting doesn't show up until the epilogue. I wasted allot of time getting the animals, only for the 5th request never to show up, and the inventory is more or less removed in the epilogue, leaving me to get all the animals once more. It may also be pertinent to mention that the squirrel statue hunt, can't be done until you've done every single main mission. 

Furthermore, it's not true that New Austin is needed for the Bountiful trophy. Some reports say it's not even possible to get a bounty in new Austin, but I've not tested this for myself. I got the trophy in the epilogue, but with a bounty of 250+ only in the four other states. No new Austin needed. 

Edited by simonp92

• 3 weeks later...