Slamma

Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i.imgur.com/qh2g7UB.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

voted a 3. once at the end wit the top cars everything thats hard at the start is fairly easy at the end. even the 1 million rep trophy there are tactics to getting it. the drift activities were actually very easy and i was dreading them all the way through, there was was speed trap that cause me stress for about 3 hours but overall a great and fun experience that was the correct difficulty for this type of game:p

• 2 weeks later...

Voted 4/10.

I was also dreading the drift challenges as I couldn't get these done in NFS Payback. However once I got used to the drifting mechanics these were not too bad. I used a mazda rx7 for drifting not fully upgraded using gas to drift.

Most difficult parts for me were the speed traps especially some of the high speed ones where the trap was near a corner.

Overall enjoyable game and platinum!

Going back to NFS Payback now to see if I can do the drifting any better and finally get the plat

Edited by KevinPorter
Spelling

Finish yesterday night the drifts and just missing the crew level at 50 to platinum. Going to do it with 3 friends, so not rushing it.

3/10 nothing too difficult. Had no problems with the drifts. The right car will do the trick. The hardest parts were some speed traps because of the traffic. Other drivers tend to cross in your way when you're at full speed.

Best Nfs in years. Hope a Dlc comes out with new content.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted a 2/10. I used the activity/collectibles map from Powerpyx.com (https://www.powerpyx.com/need-for-speed-heat-collectible-activity-locations-map/) to locate everything. The actual racing/challenges I found to be very easy, just had to find the right car for the task each time. It takes a good bit of grinding, so it can be a little time consuming, but all in all I felt that the trophies were all very easy to obtain.

• 4 weeks later...

I am voting 4/10 as well because I used to struggle at first, but that was mostly due to having wrong cars (or set-ups) for Offroad and Drift and also due to trying the $1M and 5 Heat chase trophies before reaching Level 50 and having the best car. Afterward, it all became fairly easy.

In the end, the most challenging stuff for me were a few speed traps (especially the Fort Callahan one, but even this one took me about 30 - 45 minutes at most) along with the longest Discovery race.

• 1 month later...

2/10

Compared to NFS payback, this is a walk in the park. Drifting challenges are much easier than payback.

But still the same annoying collectables and car traffic.

My drifting setup:-

Car: mazda rx7.

-Upgrade engine parts to elite if you can. Don't bother with nitros you won't use it.

-Showcase Suspension.

-Showcase differential.

-Drag tires.

Quick tuning: downforce all the way to low and steering sensitivity all the way to high.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would have voted lower, but I'll go with 4/10, because I tried to challenge the police early on & mid-game, which is pretty much 100% suicide. Only mid-late game, when you ulock better cars & parts you can lord over them, but until then it's best to avoid them as much as possible.

Everything else is very easy, but very time consuming for an NFS game. Did plat in NFS Payback lately & it was quicker but more challenging at the same time.

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Voted a 4/10 because of the police and glitches screwing you out of your hard earned rep from time to time, plus the preference of trucks to just stop in the middle of a crossing when you're approaching, which makes some of the speed traps really annoying and difficult to complete. Drifting is too arcady, but not too much of a hassle compared to the other issues.