Some trophies are still obtainable!!

wout

OH MY GOD

I'm still ecstatic and full of adrenaline!!

I was playing UC3 on my alt account to see if trophies were still obtainable after server closure.

And I have to say... I just completed the curator medal on hard difficulty... Using the splitscreen mode. And the statuesque trophy POPPED!!!!! :eek:

Obviously this will need more research, but I feel like all coop trophies are still obtainable, all except the two treasure trophies since treasures are not saved. And the 'get X medals Y' probably needs to be done in one sitting as well...

But overseer is definitely obtainable!!!

:eek: :eek:

If anyone has a full list of the Co-Op trophies that are still obtainable, then please let me know so I can correct the Guides :).

I think all coop trophies are obtainable with the exclusion of the two treasure trophies, since treasures are not saved anymore, at least not visibly.

I have seen reports that the shades medals are possible too, and "get X medals Y" actually doesn't have to be done in one session, since the other guy did it across multiple games.

But obviously trophies like Overseer or Triumvirate are insanely difficult, especially if you don't have a couch buddy for your second controller. The huge amount of armored chokers make the level almost unplayable if you do it solo. (But then again, "very very hard" is not the same as "unobtainable"!)

Regarding the competitive trophies, I have absolutely no clue. The game does support LAN modus but since I don't know anything about LAN, I cannot do any research in this :( It would be great if others do some investigation in this.

I feel like the following list of trophies is definitely obtainable (these are essentially all coop trophies except the two treasure ones):

- Buddy System --> YES

- Omnipotent

- All together now

- Air Mail --> YES

- Statuesque --> YES

- Look out below

- Key Master

- Hanging on

- Invincible

- Detonator --> YES

- We can kill it

- Pop Top

- Overseer

- Unstoppable

- Immortal

- Not afraid of the dark --> YES

- Spartan

- Firefighter

- Triumvirate

- Fly on the wall

- Deathless

- Boom! Headshot

- I'm on a roll

The ''yes'' means that this trophy has actually been obtained by a user after server closure, so these are definitely obtainable.

Hope this helps!!

So just some more info/confirmation:

I just obtained the trophy 'Detonator' which requires you to obtain 10 mad bomb medals. I can now confirm that the statistics of how often you earned medals ARE stored somewhere, but these stats are invisible to us (prior to the online multiplayer modus, where you could check your trophy progress). I got 9 mad bomber medals in my current game, and at the ninth medal, the trophy detonator popped, since I already had obtained 1 mad bomber medal this morning when I did my statuesque run.

So, the good news is, you DO NOT have to obtain 100 gatekeepers medals in one sitting! :)

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging

I've updated The Fort Co-op Adventure and Co-op Shade Survival Guides but which trophies in the Drake's Deception Map Pack, Flashback Map Pack #1 and Flashback Map Pack #2 are still obtainable :think:?

EDIT: Never mind, I've figured it out :).

Edited by Terminator
Update.

Shame treasures don't count. One of the treasures I need only required a couple of adventure runs. :(

Seems odd, since medal progress clearly saves you'd have thought treasures would, shame for those effected.

Also doing those objectives trophies even with a mate in splitscreen would be insanely, but at least it's obtainable lmao.

Well, nobody confirmed or denied if the treasure trophies are still achievable. If AshtimusPrime only needs adventure treasures, it would be easy for him to check if the trophy pops. Since coop adventure treasures do pop, I would imagine they are saved as well (somewhere invisibly), just like the medals.

One way to check if treasures are saved, would be the following: for every completed treasure set, you unlock something, like a piece of clothing or a weapon. If these items are still unlocked when you enter the offline splitscreen modus, it is save to assume the treasures are stored as well.

The reason why I would list the treasure trophies as unobtainable, is because you also need to complete treasures from the competitive modes. As of now, nobody checked if there are things still possible in LAN modus.

Even if you're playing locally with a second controller, then you still need to be inside a server hosted lobby to play so not sure how this is still working for you.

The best acid test would be to try the adventure mode trophies - Even if you do two controllers, you still need another person to play with.

Though I will say, it's not uncommon for some of these games and their server closures to run over by a few days past their advertised end date.

Even if you're playing locally with a second controller, then you still need to be inside a server hosted lobby to play so not sure how this is still working for you.

The best acid test would be to try the adventure mode trophies - Even if you do two controllers, you still need another person to play with.

Though I will say, it's not uncommon for some of these games and their server closures to run over by a few days past their advertised end date.

The servers are completely dead.

"you still need to be inside a server hosted lobby to play" <-- and this is not true, since you can still play offline splitscreen mode. For this you don't even have to be signed in on PSN. It's an option you can select from the main menu. When you press to play coop, you can either play coop online or play offline. Obviously the online does not work anymore, but the offline still does, and it is possible to earn trophies in that mode.

The user profiles in both modes are disjoint. So any perks you unlocked in your online profile do not carry over to your offline profile.

I did the testing, the statuesque trophy pops in offline mode. There have already been many reports that other coop trophies are obtainable too.

I might write a full "post-server-closure trophy-guide".

The servers are completely dead.

"you still need to be inside a server hosted lobby to play" <-- and this is not true, since you can still play offline splitscreen mode. For this you don't even have to be signed in on PSN. It's an option you can select from the main menu. When you press to play coop, you can either play coop online or play offline. Obviously the online does not work anymore, but the offline still does, and it is possible to earn trophies in that mode.

The user profiles in both modes are disjoint. So any perks you unlocked in your online profile do not carry over to your offline profile.

I did the testing, the statuesque trophy pops in offline mode. There have already been many reports that other coop trophies are obtainable too.

I might write a full "post-server-closure trophy-guide".

So how would you get, say for example, the Curator trophy in split screen? What would you actually recommend in a guide?

I know in theory, you can do it with 2 people, but really? Even with 3 people this trophy is demonstrably tough.

It makes sense you can unlock any trophies remaining in Split Screen where you only need 2 people, but realistically, this is only going to make a few of them actually achieveable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I actually got curator medal on crushing or Overseer with only Wout. :D

But he is crazy good,for 2 average players that would be super hard.

As I well remember, you and wouties are absolute legends in UC3 co-op!

You were very kind to give up an hour of your time to help me get the Triumvirate(2 players, wouties and myself) and Curator(all 3 of us) trophies in one try.

It's lucky that I happened to be on discord at the right time when wouties was kindly offering to help with Triumvirate on a first come first serve basis, then as an added bonus messaging yourself to see if you were available to have a run at Curator straight after. Absolute credit to the community!

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Marvel911 said:

The guide has been updated to reflect the trophies that are still doable, but the trophy Looking for Loot is still listed as unobtainable, however, it is possible in split screen co-op shade survival mode.

I'll take care of that in the morning and update the server closure thread as well :).

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 3:06 AM, Terminator said:

Look in the Guides - the trophies without server closure notices, can still be obtained offline :).

I see now. Thank you. I imagine most of those are nearly impossible to achieve if you are doing split-screen co-op solo?

Other problem is my PS3 has been broken off and on again for a number of years due to the solder issue.

14 hours ago, devaster said:

I see now. Thank you. I imagine most of those are nearly impossible to achieve if you are doing split-screen co-op solo?

Other problem is my PS3 has been broken off and on again for a number of years due to the solder issue.

It's possible but you have to be really, really good at the game to pull it off so having a friend handy will make things a little easier and more tolerable.