Platinum Difficulty Rating

Slamma

Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

I gave Control a 5/10 but I debated giving it a 6 instead. I actually liked this game and had a good time playing it but it did have its' moments.

- I struggled with the map and navigating the entire game. Every room/area had three ways in/out of it it seemed, and I would constantly get turned around and lost. Towards the end of the game I was slightly more comfortable with navigating but not much.

- Having my tv screen go red as I got hurt and closer to death really sucked. When that happened, I couldn't see a damned thing and got finished-off lickety split. That happened to me so many times. Grrrrr :mad:

- The boss fights were't too bad. I cheesed a few of them and that helped for sure. I struggled with Former alot though because I fell through the map a ton of times.

- Loading times after dying were a bit long. Not horrendous, but when wanting to return to a boss fight or something quickly, it seemed to take forever to load.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted 5. Actually it could be 4 but even if you are fully upgraded you could die in 1 hit or 2 most of the time. (Yes, even the ordinary enemies would kill you easily.) That’s ridiculous. Also there is no health regen, the whole area is like a maze. When you die, you have to walk a long way and fight the enemies again along the way. And yes screen going red is also frustrating. For these annoying details I vote 5 instead of 4.

• 3 weeks later...

I was close to giving it a 5 due to some of the boss fights but a little upgrading made them a lot easier so I gave a 4

Combined with the DLC, post end game is a easier. DLC side missions count, collectibles etc etc etc so I did some during foundation DLC to save time. After foundation I went back and cleared up the side mission bosses first try

It’s deffo Not a 3 though. By no means!

Plus, what a boring weird game

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the platinum :D

Voted 4, no problems about difficulty levels or challenges, just play it and trophies will pop one after the other. After finishing the main story you can focus on side stories and task specific trophies, that's it.

I really liked it (even AWE's DLC), while it may not be revolutionary or innovative gameplay wise, I loved the setting, lore, characters, the graphics, sound design and the OST. I really hope in a sequel.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

2/10

Obviously with Assist-Mode [ON].

You still have to kill moving enemies, collect items and solve puzzles. So a monkey's work would be 1/10 I say.

Graphics were meh...and sometimes you will get frame-rate issues during combat on the PS4. I like how you can fully customize the controller layout, I'd suggest you make use of that. I mean clicking :l3: all the time for running kinda makes your thumb hurt eventually. Also make sure you have Google and Youtube ready because regardless of the guide in here or a different website this game is a constant trip to both sites trust me.

5/10 for the plat.

Played most of the main story without the assists, it's quite managable (normal encounters are easy, but some bosses can be quite difficult). Switched Immortality from the start for the DLC's, because enemies are ridiculous. They seem to scale to your upgraded character, they deal MASSIVE damage (basically 2-hit kills by regular enemies) while being a bullet sponges - only using launch makes sense, but many enemies are so good at evading, that your forced to use pretty useless gun. Foundation DLC is decent (just some annoying collectables), and the AWE DLC is more annoying than fun, with a RIDICULOUS final boss (if I had to do that1 legit I'd rate it at least 8/10)

5/10. The side bosses were really the only things that gave me a bit of a difficult time (I'm looking at you two, Mr. Tomassi and Mold-1). Tomassi probably took me 2 hours to beat after dying over and over again. The rest of the content is not bad, the puzzles are not too hard either and I'm not a fan of puzzles. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two possible ratings.

2/10 if you use the accessibility options, and only a 2 because of all of the stuff you have to find for trophies.

4/10 if you don't use accessibility options, BUT you'll want to stack health boost and damage boost mods on yourself and weapons.  Use Grip, Shatter, Launch, and Shield and it's a very manageable platinum.  I'm voting a 4, just because doing it with accessibility options isn't what the devs originally intended.  

Very good game, I platinumed on PS5. Will probably eventually do it on PS4, but will likely use the accessibility options just to speed it up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a tricky game to rate for a few reasons. I mixed it up with assists and didn't use them for the whole game. The game does have some weird difficulty spikes though, and I hate when games do this so I can understand why people would want to use the assists from the beginning. I don't mind when a game is challenging but it should be challenging from the get, not switching between easy/hard/easy/normal/infuriating... There needs to be a consistent challenge/difficulty which unfortunately this game did not have and so I found myself using the assists more towards the end of the game and the DLC as a result as I just wanted to enjoy the game.

If you're using every assist from the very start then this is no more than a 2, simply because it does require effort and some things need figuring out so it's not an automatic plat just because you can't die. If you're not using assists at all then it could range anything from a 4 to a 6+ in difficulty with certain parts spiking even higher than that. 

Edited by The Alchemist

• 3 weeks later...

Control platinum difficulty (with guides/cheats) 2

Control platinum difficulty (without guides/cheats) 7

I like this game, it's pretty good but it got to a point were I was like "to hell with the story" and sort of rushed my way through the rest of it. And I thought I was keeping up with it just fine. Nope.

Also, I'm not sure how hard the game really is as I played in God Mode pretty much throughout the whole campaign. And once the enemies became really annoying to kill, 1-hit kills was activated. And that was that. Finding 120 collectables was easy, no guide necessary. But finding the hidden locations without a guide to push your ability points to 100 for the Master Parautilitarian trophy could prove frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Voted 6. Boss fights are challenging, more so if you are not leveled properly. Some specific trash fights can test your patience.

Navigation felt a bit messy until mid game, but gets better with control points.

What really got me were the board fuckermeasures...i mean those are totally useless missions/challenges with useless rewards. Had a really hard time with enemy spawns on the end game (took me hours of random walks to trigger spawns - sometimes kills weren't registering???), even with the pick/abandon trick. This ended up spoiling the fun i had with the game...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Voted 2. In all honesty, this is the very first plat I get with absolutely no need for a trophy guide. Yes, the second fight with Tommasi was a pain for me,  but is beatable.

The platinum is pretty straightforward and most of the trophies pop without trying. No online stuff. Come on, the plat doesn't even require you to get all collectibles or find all hidden areas! Definitely a 2 for me. :)