PST Custom Trophy Lists ~ Checklist Site [NEW]

PSTLists.png

Shout out to Noid for creating the website and hosting it for over 5 years! For historical sake: here is a link to his old thread.

Noid graciously allowed me to host the new code, which I have made a few tweaks and will try and continue to make updates. Just be aware I am not the website savant that Noid is, just a Java programmer who would like to learn a bit more about the front-end web work. Noid let me know that there was a simple solution for wanting to host the code. So now I officially present to you...

How does it work!?

Well, if you've used Noid's site before then you should be well aware of how this works. But, I've added a few additional features to this new site which I'll go over briefly here.

By Games Calculation "Fix"

I noticed that when checking off trophies on the "By Games" page, the counts for the lists do not update in the overview. So, I implemented the "Calculate" button. After you finish checking trophies off through the By Game page, refresh to get back to the Overview. Click "Calculate" and the page will refresh with the numbers updated accordingly.

By Games Owned Games

One thing I liked about this tracking was the ability to see what games I owned in any individual list. But, having to go through each list individually was a chore. So I added a new box tot the By Games Page. There is a check box next to each game that will mark the game as owned. These games will be reflected appropriately when opening individual lists.

Import / Export List Progress

Having seen a few people mention issues with losing progress for various reasons, I thought it would be a swell idea to have a way to save off progress locally. And that is what the Export button will allow you to do. Once you have done major updates your list, you can now use Export to get a bunch of text that represents your Local Storage progress. Save this text into a text file somewhere.

If you lose your information or want to move your progress to a new computer/browser, you can use the Import button to refresh your information. Press the Import button, paste the text from your saved Exported file, press Import and your data should be restored!

TRACKING STUFF N THINGS

IDEAS

• Also run calculate on import [shrapx]
  • Setting to keep "Sort by" preference (Name or Progress) [Robinworldwide]
  • Add a "please wait" overlay for importing/calculating/switching to By Games
  • Add a "check all" box on By Games page [shrapx]
  • Add a "check all (but DLC)" box on By Games page [jvaferreira]
  • Identify what trophies are DLC [jvaferreira]
  • Add a "submitted" option for easily generating new BBCode for new submission [LionSquid]
  • See completed trophies count per game on By Games [snaddef]
  • See number of total trophies per game on By Games [snaddef]
  • See number of lists per game on By Games [snaddef]
  • Identify any unobtainable trophies
  • Identify games with unobtainable trophies
  • "Calculate" from By Games without need to reload
  • Add a "Games Owned" field to the overview page
  • Allow sorting my "Games Owned"
  • Add tiered awards to display?
  • Dark Mode stuff
    • Dark Mode Logo
    • Make gradient not as bright / use different color text so trophy progress numbers don't blend as much
    • White bar at top of "By games" page
    • When flipping back to light mode, top row of By Games is still black.
    • Change checkbox style, it kind of blends in at the moment

PROGRESS

• Added an automatic refresh after pressing Calculate ~ July 23, 2019
  • Added Dark Mode ~ February 4, 2020
  • Also run calculate on import [shrapx] ~ February 4, 2020

Edited by Slamma

By Games Calculation "Fix"

I noticed that when checking off trophies on the "By Games" page, the counts for the lists do not update in the overview. So, I implemented the "Calculate" button. After you finish checking trophies off through the By Game page, refresh to get back to the Overview. Click "Calculate" and refresh the page again. The numbers should be updated accordingly.

So calculate doesn't refresh the screen automatically? All of that is done via F5?

Thanks for carrying the torch my dude. If you have any questions about anything at all just reach out and I'll lend a hand.

HOW DOEZ I MAKE PURTY!? I added a new checkbox and I want it to be centered in the row... but I guess I gave up trying pretty easily lol

So calculate doesn't refresh the screen automatically? All of that is done via F5?

Correct. To get semi-technical for a second (and probably very confusing so bear with me)... when you're on the "By Games" screen, all of the checks will add entries to local storage using a key/value pair. The key is "t-trophy name" or "g-game name" with a value of "true". However, that page does not update the additional key/value pair that is associated with the count for the custom lists. So while you did add "t-trophy 1"/"true" to your local storage and that trophy was on one or more custom lists, those custom lists' key/value pair is not updated.

When you're on the overview page and hit calculate, it goes loops through EVERY key/value pair and adjusts the custom list's count value appropriately.

If you want to see what I'm talking about with regards to key/value pairs, go to the site and hit F12. This will bring up the developer console. Click on the Storage "tab" and then find local storage and click on the site name under that. You will see all the key/value pairs there.

But to get back to your original question :francis:... I guess I should see if there is a way to also have that Calculate button refresh the screen... certainly there is an easy way. I can add that in before I start considering how to eliminate the need for the Calculate button at all.

TRACKING STUFF N THINGS

Ideas

• Integrate the "Calculate" functionality

How about a button that you click and it just goes and checks off every trophy in the lists that we have earned?

22730449_524927461175145_2852354121279315296_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQnWQCtZVhuZeGnu2ESbKCO-o57L1nYCrZgdlZJ3ara8ZpDYAt19euMNqJaxxpKYc9ejCbgttXHcKuAX30hnW9zv&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=913df4ee72adbcc021c1cef1d82f5768&oe=5DEB6FEA

TRACKING STUFF N THINGS

Ideas

• Integrate the "Calculate" functionality

Can't wait for the sorting by games owned feature :D Not that I have any custom list done but it might help finally getting something

How about a button that you click and it just goes and checks off every trophy in the lists that we have earned?

giphy.gif

You know, that was the dream at one point.

I had started working on a separate application that would function similarly to the website where you could see all of the trophies you've earned in a nice list and it would automatically pull down your progress using web scraping against PSNP. I worked a bit on the UI...

w7AZi5M.png

Then I started to gather data. Things like:

• Game ID(s) on PSNP
  • Trophy ID(s) on PSNP
  • Links to PST game forums
  • Link to stickied guide on PST
  • Link to any supplemental guides
  • Link to polls (which I wanted to use to use to automatically calculate the estimated difficulty and time)

I started to put together a local database using Apache Derby which the app would utilize, but I'm not really well versed in database structures so I fiddled around with a bunch of different ideas but could never settle on a decent one. Primary keys and foreign keys and how would I even keep things up-to-date. It ended up being an enormous time sink which I didn't have the time to keep up with.

So I transitioned to working on adding features to a great tool that already existed. I started to think about just having code that could generate a list to import into PSTLists. So I took Noid's code and added the "Import/Export" functionality.

Then I noticed the list earned counts didn't increase with the checks on By Games, so I started to look more into Noid's code. So I added the Calculate button to rectify that. Which brings us to where I'm at with the code now.

Speaking of which, I just added a line of code that will automatically refresh the page after pressing "Calculate" so that's one step you don't need to do anymore :francis:

HOW DOEZ I MAKE PURTY!? I added a new checkbox and I want it to be centered in the row... but I guess I gave up trying pretty easily lol

Was that a check box for keeping track of what you have submitted by any chance?

But I was thinking, instead of a new checkbox, what if clicking the "earned trophy button" instead of toggling it to off/gold, toggled to off/gold/green, or some other color, to show that the trophy has been submitted?

Was that a check box for keeping track of what you have submitted by any chance?

But I was thinking, instead of a new checkbox, what if clicking the "earned trophy button" instead of toggling it to off/gold, toggled to off/gold/green, or some other color, to show that the trophy has been submitted?

No, the checkbox I was referring to was the new "Owned game" check box on the "By Games" page.

The "submitted" option is an interesting one. I'll add it to the list of ideas. I get that people like to submit individual trophies as they earn them and having the "BBCode" show all earned trophies instead of ones you want to submit can be annoying to figure out which ones are the old ones and such.

• I think there are some DLC trophies in there. You could find a way to identify them
  • Add a Platinum button that checks every trophy inside the game tab, except DLC

Good ideas as well!

Thanks for taking this on Slamma.

As you appear to be looking at updates here is a thought.

What about a count on the by game page that shows the number of lists associated with each game (possibly a sortable option)

E.g. 3D dot game heros would have an 8 as it has trophies on 8 lists

Or building on it also include number that are checked and total trophies.

So for above mentioned game maybe the following

0/6(8)

0 for number checked.

6 trophies on various custom lists

8 custom lists using trophies from this game.

Thanks for taking this on Slamma.

As you appear to be looking at updates here is a thought.

What about a count on the by game page that shows the number of lists associated with each game (possibly a sortable option)

E.g. 3D dot game heros would have an 8 as it has trophies on 8 lists

Or building on it also include number that are checked and total trophies.

So for above mentioned game maybe the following

0/6(8)

0 for number checked.

6 trophies on various custom lists

8 custom lists using trophies from this game.

Ideas added!!!

I'm starting to wonder if I need to completely rework the "By Games" page... right now, the HTML is generated based on all of the trophies in lists.js, which is why it takes a while for that page to load.

:think:

After finally using this (indeed finally discovering it, I won't tell you about the time I definitely didn't start exploring this subforum and started going through each thread individually) I've discovered that I have 708 of the 2287 total trophies, and am absolutely nowhere near getting any actual list. The Custom Trophy List 1.0 is the only one that's past halfway. I have no chance.

What box are you checking that is causing that behavior? A trophy within one of the lists? That sounds like something new

Every time I check a trophy or game box for a list it does it. It's not new. Has been an issue ever since Noid rolled out the updated version of the list.

Is it an issue for anyone else?

Every time I check a trophy or game box for a list it does it. It's not new. Has been an issue ever since Noid rolled out the updated version of the list.

Is it an issue for anyone else?

I experienced that when I had it hosted on my machine but it has been fine with both Noids and Slammas hosted versions.

Basically when on a custom list when you check either the own game or completed check box for a game the page would scroll back to the top of the list and you would need to scroll back down to check the next game.

Microsoft Edge

Doesn't happen with Chrome.

Welllllllllllll there's your issue :p

I can't even get into a list using Edge at work, but it does jump to the top of the screen each time I click on a list... I know they have these browsers locked down a bit so I'll try it out at home tomorrow to see if I can figure out why it do what it do.

Welllllllllllll there's your issue :p

I can't even get into a list using Edge at work, but it does jump to the top of the screen each time I click on a list... I know they have these browsers locked down a bit so I'll try it out at home tomorrow to see if I can figure out why it do what it do.

Now that you say it you could be right, I hosted locally on a win10 laptop and had started adding completed trophies on that machine and it was happening. Dont think I had used it on that machine since I had updated it to win10. I have edge and chrome on the machine but it is highly possible that I had it open in edge when testing.

I have accessed the newly hosted site from my phone.