With the new DLC planes, are S ranks easier to get?

I've tried a couple of Free Mission runs on Ace with both the Raven and the Falken and so far, I've found that using those planes make it easier to get S Ranks due to their speed and ease of maneuverability.

Here are some other impressions:

• The Falken's FAEB makes short work of missions with lots of clustered ground targets like Mission 6 and Mission 8.
  • The Raven's UAVs have extremely good homing against both air and ground targets. It trivializes any fights against Sol Squadron and the entirety of Mission 20.
  • TLS is still not as powerful as it was in AC5 even with parts upgrades.
  • Since the Raven comes equipped with a PLSL instead of a regular machine gun, it makes the "machine gun only" campaign run incredibly easier.

• 3 weeks later...

All *I* can say is, they certainly still don't make it EASY... maybe my impression's colored by having just finished up Ace Combat 5, but it seems like the S-rank requirements in this game are just WAY harder than back then. I cleared AC5 with all S-ranks on Hard Mode - and could probably have done the same on Expert if it wasn't for that ONE mission - but I've yet to successfully S-rank a SINGLE mission on Normal in this game, even using the overpowered DLC-planes. Just ran Mission 6 with the Falken, f'rinstance, using the FAEBs, and still came in 4K points short of the S-rank target. :(

• 5 weeks later...

no but they give you more options to complete the missions for s-rank

the real challenge in this game is not the AI or anything, it's annoying weather mechanics and nerfed special weapons.

laser has been super nerfed, it would one shot anything in previous games. now not soo much now. also bamco messed up with raven as no part upgrade boosts the uav damage and other capabilities

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...