PSSSST! Forum Newsletter, Vol. 47

rI0YY5t.png

Here we are once again. Hopefully everyone is enjoying their summer. I’ve been trying to go to the pool here and there and work on my tan, but that hasn’t been going good at all since I’m barely ever able to go, so I’m white as a ghost still. Maybe you guys are able to get out more and enjoy the nice weather (if you live around nice weather). Sunshine when I'm working, rain when I'm not.

tanlines.jpg 

Wc6jMYt.png

Who better of a person to have as our Member of the Month for June than an unemployed journalist who also dabbles in broadcasting, social media, and writing that lives in Maryland but says they’re from Michigan? NOBODY! That’s who. Because of that, they’ve been around for awhile and have participated in a lot of the site events and also likes to help others with their boosting. So give it up for mcolwander90 for being our latest Member of the Month!

Not much going on for awards this month...when they actually get passed out. It looks like clayser, DPatriot, and Zorolord will be receiving the Helping Hand award for helping out in the Burout Paradise boosting, so good job on that. GameOverGreggy knows a lot of people, or paid a lot of people to refer him, as he’s getting the Platinum Word of Mouth award. Then last but not least, it seems like Blaze Naruto Shippuden came up with an idea that we used, so he’s getting the Bright Idea award for us implementing the VR Sorting option in the “Trophy Unlocked” thread.

sxmbe18.png

The RDR 2 Community Guide is still in imminent danger of being cancelled so please contribute to it - to prevent that from happening.

I would also like to remind everyone that there are still plenty of games and DLCs that need Guides or Guide replacements so please see the requisite threads in the Guide Central forum for details :):

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guide-central/241758-games-need-supplements-guide-challenges.html

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guide-central/16447-games-need-trophy-guides-road-maps.html

MJoBIL7.png

giphy-downsized-large.gif

[thread=335114]Completathon[/thread] is now in Week 12. That's basically 3 months. Wow. 22 people still don't have a strike. Double wow. 4 have one strike and 6 have two strikes. We even had a few of our first duplicate strikes! INSANITY WOW. OVER 500 UNIQUE GAMES COMPLETED. NOT ENOUGH WOWS TO WOW PROPERLY. Personally, I ran out of gas and will get my 3rd strike after this week. Best of luck to the remaining participants!

PST IS ELEVEN

eleven.gif 

We went all out on a retrospective event last year for the 10th birthday. This one was a bit more relaxed. Kicking things off was a birthday invitation in the [thread=337317]PST BD RSVP QTE[/thread] which we asked you to RSVP to the site's 11th birthday party by use of a gif that said "yes." The ability to find an applicable gif and post it as required leveled up several people for site awards. Deceiver, Jerry Appleby, and Slamma (hey that's me!) are now QTE Veterans. DISCOKING, DrHambone, Martain2, stpatty went Pro. And hBLOXs, LionSquid, rotoninja, and The Alchemist are now QTE Novices.

As the RSVPs were rolling in, Mendel dropped a [thread=337338]Birthday giveaway[/thread] which yielded a brand new game for the winners TinNyZeus, cbchaos67 and olsen77. Congrats, y'all!

tenor.gif

UNFORTUNATELY, our birthday bash plans were ruined by a rude raccoon, so we asked you to help us in the [thread=337368]We Went to 11[/thread] event! You still have time to participate, and hopefully we'll have a dope party afterwards.

Speaking of dope parties, the [thread=337286]Uncharted 2 Mega Boost[/thread] was announced. It will officially run next week, well before the servers officially close in September. Let's all work together to get those pesky online trophies cleaned up!

tumblr_inline_pbfze0eHAs1rqrjnu_540.gif

Speaking of cleaning up, it would seem that the [thread=337186]Blades of Chaos are PST's Greatest Weapon of All Time![/thread] It defeated the likes of the Tranquilizer Gun from Metal Gear Solid, the Wrench from Bioshock, the Super Shotgun AND the BFG-9000 from Doom before taking down the R.Y.N.O from Ratchet and Clank. It's an iconic weapon that really thrust the PlaysStation into super stardom. Swing by Poll Tourney Central to leave suggestions for the next iteration.

Speaking of swinging by, I may have swung through the Subscriber forum and posted a bit of a sub event tease. Its been a long time coming, and that time is coming to an end. It will definitely be coming this month, so stay tuned!

Speaking of staying tuned... nope, I ran out of transitions. I tried. ANYWAY Blaze Naruto Shippuden had a some extra codes for Falcon Age, which he graciously supplied to me. If you'd like to win an NA region copy of Falcon Age, please include the Slamma Signal in a post in response to this thread. I'll also host giveaways for Falcon Age on Twitter for both @PST_Arena and @PST_Guides handles, so keep your eyes peeled for those.

giphy2.gif

Speaking of keeping your eyes peeled, two new custom lists SHOULD be incoming... as I mentioned during last month's update, we did receive word from a couple of staffers that they would work on a new list so I'm going to be pestering them for the next week or so. Hopefully we get both for next month, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got only 1 list. And I'd be super disappointed if we had nothing yet again. We will try to get those lists for you, reader! But in the mean time, there are many lists that you haven't finished. So why not take another look to see if you're any closer to completing a current list before moaning about a new list you won't complete either :slick:

Speaking of custom lists, we got a couple custom list award winners! Resident consonants (and sometimes a vowel) lover twyz earned the Bronzer Than Nothing for reaching that first tier of CL v1.0. Meikoro builds to two new awards by completing BaCL v1.0 and also getting the Little Silver on the Prairie award for BaCL v3.0. Well played chaps!

Speaking of chaps, the time is nearly upon us, chaps. Rocket League League Season 5 is coming Soon™.

And maybe something else as well... 👀

UQVKu0G.png

l46CuDUhXNUx1Bm5G.gif

ibLZbzj.png

It's the end. Enjoy the rest of your summer and if you celebrate 4th of July or just like setting off fireworks, be careful not to set anything on fire unintentionally. Safety first! No dicking around...

tenor.gif?itemid=5631685
Edited by Slamma

Who better of a person to have as our Member of the Month for June than an unemployed journalist who also dabbles in broadcasting, social media, and writing that lives in Maryland but says they’re from Michigan? NOBODY! That’s who. Because of that, they’ve been around for awhile and have participated in a lot of the site events and also likes to help others with their boosting. So give it up for mcolwander90 for being our latest Member of the Month!

:eek:

That's me!

Speaking of custom lists, we got a couple custom list award winners! Resident consonants (and sometimes a vowel) lover twyz earned the Bronzer Than Nothing for reaching that first tier of CL v1.0. Meikoro builds to two new awards by completing BaCL v1.0 and also getting the Little Silver on the Prairie award for BaCL v3.0. Well played chaps!

And thats me. Glad to come Back to this Site. It also Fun to hunt some of the Site Awards. I will put more time into that Later on.;)

Thanks for another entertaining read as always :D Always enjoy reading them!

:slammasignal:

Yay QTE Veteran! :dance:

Hope the 2 new custom lists are awesome (otherwise Krid will start the moaning :rofl: )!

And maybe I'll partake in RL season 5, but I deleted the game a while ago and don't know if I can get back into it again...

Great read as always. Glad to see some potential Custom List news.

Speaking of custom lists, we got a couple custom list award winners! Resident consonants (and sometimes a vowel) lover twyz earned the Bronzer Than Nothing for reaching that first tier of CL v1.0.

As much as I'd love a new award, I already have the silver tier for CL 2.

It has been a week and 4 people entered the Falcon Age giveaway by using :slammasignal:

The winner is... esstee11... CONGRATS!!! I will contact you with your code.

And as mentioned, keep an eye out on the PST_Arena and PST_Guides handles, for both of those will have a giveaway for Falcon Age as well!

Thanks for newsletter Pod and Co. :thumbsup: Lol at those tan lines, and at Slamma's transitions :rofl:

Nice one Blaze for supplying Falcon Age codes :highfive:

It has been a week and 4 people entered the Falcon Age giveaway by using :slammasignal:

And as mentioned, keep an eye out on the PST_Arena and PST_Guides handles, for both of those will have a giveaway for Falcon Age as well!

Slamz, I hope you plan on doing a EU giveaway soon :D

Congrats Esstee :dance:

Edited by guylian

woooooooooooooo i dun did win something!!! :slammasignal: :dance::banana::woop::slammasignal:

eerrmmuurrrgguurrdddd a may zing!

thank you soooooo much you wonderful man and wonderful website :hug:

giphy.gif