Is the game still buggy post patch?

footieboy

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know? as it’s currently on sale. It wasn’t too bad on steam years ago but the posts on ps4 bugs turns me away.

Well, it was unplayable after like 14 hours when my wife, our friend, and I played it on Steam last year. I've only heard bad things about every console port as well.

I'd just stay away from it personally, unless it's a steep discount and you're not worried about a completion percentage.

• 1 month later...

It's playable now. It's on PS Now so decided to try it out and I'm having a blast. It's buggy and could still use polish. It's crashed probably 4 or 5 times in the 100 hours of play so far. In my opinion, it's more playable than Fallout 4 or Darksiders 3, but still worse than most games I like.

I think the worst part is the targeting, but it's more quirky than buggy. By that, I mean that I think it's mostly working as intended, but is designed very poorly for console. After about 1/2way through my first playthrough I started figuring out how to manage it a bit. If you're a ranged character, it's crap. But for melee, it's fairly manageable as long as you don't need to target a distant caster quickly in the middle of a fight. U basically just keep square held down (don't repeatedly tap) and you will keep attacking. You can also map your main skill (like onslaught or marksmanship) to square to use instead. While holding it down, you can use the directional button which can change the direction of your targets, and that's what you usually want to use. R2 takes forever to cycle through and is usually just garbage.

Anyway, if your not too picky, you might really enjoy it. I'm totally having a blast despite the rough polish, and will likely get my platinum in the next couple days. There's a lot of depth in class and skill customization, moreso even than Diablo 2. No missable trophies either (despite what the PSNProfiles guide says)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...