Days Gone - Bitching Thread

Ashbo

Hello everyone, I just completed MK11 and will begin my adventure with Days Gone :dance:. I've noticed the game is allready at patch 1.07. Is it safe to start playing or are there still game breaking issues? I've also read the guide from Powerpyx which states no missable trophies so that's a good thing :D

Thanks!

Hello everyone, I just completed MK11 and will begin my adventure with Days Gone :dance:. I've noticed the game is allready at patch 1.07. Is it safe to start playing or are there still game breaking issues? I've also read the guide from Powerpyx which states no missable trophies so that's a good thing :D

Thanks!

I started at patch 1.05 and have yet to encounter anything, so you should be good to go.

I estimate I'm about 20 hours in now and I've just reached the 'half way point' or so I've heard - the first point of no return. Feels like the game's performance has tanked hard these last few hours too, I swear it wasn't this bad the first 15 hours or so. Like it's pretty much constantly failing to load textures and dropping frames. Anyone else noticed this? Seems they've only patched the first half so far lol.

Edited by LukeyCow

This game started to be boring and bitching, especially running out of ammo middle of horde sux.....supplies are low too....

It's not TLOU....6/10 max for me.

dont agree. its up there with ps other exclusives in quality. just hope sony dont do an evolution again if reviews and sales effect there decision but i hear sales are good for this, how good though? any ideas?

dont agree. its up there with ps other exclusives in quality. just hope sony dont do an evolution again if reviews and sales effect there decision but i hear sales are good for this, how good though? any ideas?

According to UKIE/GfK data, Bend Studio's creation is officially the biggest selling physical launch of the year so far in the UK. For a new IP, this is certainly an impressive result and when compared to another PlayStation 4 exclusive, iconic and beloved God of War, which released last year, the numbers look even better. Days Gone sales are only 27 per cent lower than God of War, which was one of the most anticipated PlayStation 4 games ever since the console launched six years ago.

Not sure about Digital sales, and with Rage 2 forthcoming it’ll be interesting to see how it holds up. That being said, regular patch updates plus free DLC next month can only be a good thing.

I’m still enjoying it and although i’ve had 3 crashes (error codes) it hasn’t deterred me or put me off. I’m aware of how these errors are happening and i’m sure the next patch(es) may sort these. The game is decent and although you can’t satisfy everyone, I don’t see how this game gets a proper bashing when there are games far worse than this.

That’s quite surprising. Despite a fairly large advertisement campaign, there seemed to be very little interest in the game pre-release. I was actually surprised to see someone else buying the game on release day when I went to the store. Great to hear it’s doing quite well, I also had my worries considering what happened to Evo.

Haven’t had any major glitches/crashes yet. Only had one or two glitches full stop, though experienced a ton of performance issues.

Just got my Platinum after around 70 hours. Here are my thoughts on Days Gone:

I think the highs are very high, but the lows are very low. First of all, the amount of technical issues and patches needed to address them is pathetic, and I don't think the game should have launched when it did. As far as the gameplay is concerned I found it very standard for a third-person game, which isn't to say it's bad but it didn't really stand out either. The one thing that did for me was the whole bike dynamic, and maybe the horde fights to an extent.

On the other side of the spectrum, the story and characters are incredible and kept me as invested as I was in the game. Deacon is an awesome protagonist and I loved watching him interact with all of the other characters of Days Gone. Visually the game is very impressive, too. The weather effects in particular really stood out. I have to praise the soundtrack as well, because every song was a banger.

I think it's a decent game overall that is carried by the weight of its amazing narrative, graphical appeal, and soundtrack. Should there ever be a sequel, I'd like to see Bend focus on limiting all of the technical issues that infested the first game and making the gameplay stand out more.

The bugs are getting a bit ridiculous at this point. Im getting about 20 different fuk ups per session atm.

Here's an absolute corker i got the other day. :facepalm:

That's a nice one :eek:! The only issue i had was with fast travel. My character would freeze for like 3 seconds after the screen has loaded when I arrive at my destination. Game is actually really good in my opinion and addictive! :cool:

That's a nice one :eek:! The only issue i had was with fast travel. My character would freeze for like 3 seconds after the screen has loaded when I arrive at my destination. Game is actually really good in my opinion and addictive! :cool:

lol ikr!

when i was witnessing the madness happening i just thought, ok this is too much, i have to video this lol.

a lot of glitches work in ur favour, like an invisible wall stopping enemies from getting to you so u can headshot away with ease, n bears getting stuck so u can kill them big boys with ease.

an annoying one atm though is, because i'm getting a bit annoyed at the game, i've even started taking to skipping cutscenes, n twice yesterday after i pressed skip....the screen just stayed black... forever. n we all know how looooonnnggg that initial load screen is when u first boot up the game, so that was tedious.

(i kno people moan about MP) but i was thinking its a bit of a shame that this game doesnt have MP, mainly for the reason, of putting to use and showing off our motorbikes.

u do a lot of tinkering on ur bike throughout the game, all creating something really individual, i was just admiring mine yesterday thinking... dam its a shame no one gets to see this. lol

real biker gangs do that, show off their narly rides! (lol)

n i like the idea of a biker gang MP!

join a gang.

get patched into a club

bike shows.

throw molotovs at rival bike gangs. lol.

etc!

i dunno i just think a days gone MP could have been fun :)

Overall disappointed, which is a shame cause it shows so much promise.

They obviously rushed it out, sooo many bugs/glitches. I have to restart the game every 1-2 hours or it gets out of hand. At one point the entire original safe house just disappeared, I could see Boozer laying on a bed in the sky with no way to get up there. The audio sync is beyond unacceptable. Ruins the flow/mood of the game. Things falling from the sky, enemies disappearing/appearing out of thin air. They needed a few more months in QC.

My other gripe is it's just kinda boring. I feel like I'm just playing the same 3 missions over and over. I'm not as big of a fan of the characters as some of you seem to be. I feel like they couldn't decide who they wanted Deac to be, so they gave him several personalities that he bounces between.

All that said I do still enjoy it, but overall it was a letdown. 6/10

Overall disappointed, which is a shame cause it shows so much promise.

They obviously rushed it out, sooo many bugs/glitches. I have to restart the game every 1-2 hours or it gets out of hand. At one point the entire original safe house just disappeared, I could see Boozer laying on a bed in the sky with no way to get up there. The audio sync is beyond unacceptable. Ruins the flow/mood of the game. Things falling from the sky, enemies disappearing/appearing out of thin air. They needed a few more months in QC.

My other gripe is it's just kinda boring. I feel like I'm just playing the same 3 missions over and over. I'm not as big of a fan of the characters as some of you seem to be. I feel like they couldn't decide who they wanted Deac to be, so they gave him several personalities that he bounces between.

All that said I do still enjoy it, but overall it was a letdown. 6/10

Yea I agree with you.

I have been pretty disappointed.

Which is a shame and a surprise.

But its just too boring. Totally repetitive doing the same thing a million times. I turn the game on n instead of being excited I go, 'oh better get back to the slog then'. :|

Yea I agree with you.

I have been pretty disappointed.

Which is a shame and a surprise.

But its just too boring. Totally repetitive doing the same thing a million times. I turn the game on n instead of being excited I go, 'oh better get back to the slog then'. :|

how far in are you? im not getting anything repetative. 25 plus hours in for me

12 hours in, quite happy so far.

Love the biker-ish setting and the atmosphere, I had a blast when a storm caught me while I was walking through the woods.

But it has some flaws.

- Bike controls are too sensitive, driving at full speed is hard AF almost everywhere.

- Enemies start to get boring; regular zombies, mercs and cultists who all look the same. At least I found my first horde, in a cave, which was creepy.

- The inventory wheel is somewhere between the tricky and the tedious.

- There's no item/parts storage. I often have to leave precious medikits or ammo in faraway areas. I often have to waste molotovs or other stuff to loot corpses for the "You've Got Red on You" trophy.

Side missions are nice, but I fear that I will loose some interest if the bandit camps, nests and bounties will all look the same.

- Bike controls are too sensitive, driving at full speed is hard AF almost everywhere.

- Enemies start to get boring; regular zombies, mercs and cultists who all look the same. At least I found my first horde, in a cave, which was creepy.

- The inventory wheel is somewhere between the tricky and the tedious.

- There's no item/parts storage. I often have to leave precious medikits or ammo in faraway areas. I often have to waste molotovs or other stuff to loot corpses for the "You've Got Red on You" trophy.

These bothered me quite a lot when I started the game, as well as the menus, but they've all really grown on me and I can appreciate why they've made them like that. The inventory wheel being like that is a godsend when you're in an intense situation and constantly swapping between stuff in all the categories and crafting on the fly. Probably the biggest thing I thought was a gimmick that I now love are the menues. I thought they were so dumb with the touchpad flicking and stuff at first, but now I think every game should make use of it like that lol.

Also had the problem with item/parts, but after a certain point you chew through it all so fast you'll find you never have enough of anything (and this is with the upgrade that doubles your storage) and have to walk away from nests/fights simply because you're out of gear.

how far in are you? im not getting anything repetative. 25 plus hours in for me

40-50 hours maybe?

your not getting anything repetitive... so your not either clearing a camp of enemies (zombies or humans) or having a ride. or having a sneaky listen from some boring researcher.

rinse repeat. a million times.

the only mission that was a remote change was inside the cave with schizzo.

tbh... i think most big open world games are like this.

just all the same.

this aspect is less the games fault, n more that im just totally over it.

after this, im gonna buy tlou2, but then im gonna stick to my wierd lil freaky horrors, stuff that keeps me interested n keeps me on my toes.

Edited by esstee11

40-50 hours maybe?

your not getting anything repetitive... so your not either clearing a camp of enemies (zombies or humans) or having a ride. or having a sneaky listen from some boring researcher.

just all the same.

after this, im gonna buy tlou2, but then im gonna stick to my wierd lil freaky horrors, stuff that keeps me interested n keeps me on my toes.

Shame really but fair enough.

I’m about the same time invested but i’m more advanced into the story going off your trophies. Really opens up as the story evolves.

I’m really into the whole thing and love the immersion and survival aspect. The bike mechanics and the way you need it to survive and get by I really like.

I can see why people may not be that invested or engrossed in it and its interesting how games like this are not always for everyone when you think they probably would be.

40-50 hours maybe?

just all the same.

yes im doing those things but for me there is enough of other things to do that i dont feel its repetative . i enjoy the camps and the nests etc. and the story is awsome

so if you are 40 or 50 hours in then can i ask how far you think i am in as theres no timer and i have no clue. i just got to the 1st point of no return??