Server Shutdowns and Unobtainable trophies

17 hours ago, gunsangoku said:

Hi : )

Are you sure about genshin impact (G) Inazuma: Divine Roots ? For now we can reach level 40 this is the max we can get until next update. From level 40 to level 50 (max) we need 250 token 25 per level. I talk with many player actif in game and when the release come they gonna reach max level without troubl.

An exemple one person send me a screen some hour ago and look unknown.png

He need just 6 token. And many story, event still coming in inazuma and add chest who've token. The screen is in french language sorry, sceau electro mean Electro Sigils use for levelling the tree. And player are just waiting next update to use all token they've collected. He doesn't have 100% on all map he's clearly missing some chest. U can be sure when next update come many player gonna get this trophie. It's not a bug just the game have gatcha / mmo system, we can't go upper level 40 but when we can (when update come) all player gonna get this trophie.

Sorry this message look longer than I was expecting.

I'm going by this thread on PSNP, since I don't own this game myself: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/113782-the-game-wont-be-100able-for-at-least-another-2-months/

UPDATE:

Descenders + DLC for both stacks and Minecraft Dungeons are now on the list :(.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

UPDATE:

To quote @mcnichoj's post on PSNP:

Showcase | (gamesparks.com)

"GameSpark" is a Amazon server service. They're shutting it down some time early 2022. The above URL has the games that use it. Some games can patch out the servers for different ones but not all of them will. Most of those are mobile games but some of them are on consoles like Animal Super Squad.

I will go through the list in a bit and see which games made it over here but are also at risk of closing down next September when the servers get turned off. Leenewbe has found the closure details: https://docs.gamesparks.com/transition-faq/#frequently-asked-questions

EDIT:

Here is the full list of the games that are affected by this event:

Disc Jam
Animal Super Squad
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Strikers Edge

Mini Metro
Catan - This was delisted years ago but I don't know if the servers are even still up.

Of these, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr is the one that's most likely to survive and get new servers but the other games are all pretty old at this point and haven't been patched in ages so have little to no chance of staying online :(. 7 Days to Die is P2P on the PS4 but there's a chance it uses Game Sparks in some way to handle the matchmaking.

Edited by Terminator
Update.
  • Like 1

Just for discussion, I do not believe Genshin Impact would have unachievable trophies in the near future. It's highly successful making literally billions, with full cross-play. Trophies are also directly tied to popping in-game achievements so little chance of broken counters on the OS side. Unless there's nothing better to do why keep recommend adding and removing this between patches.

GameSparks is a little different. I doubt any titles will survive through their restructure, even WH40K: Inquisitor - Martyr is over four years old. I'm just going by Sparks' official announcements but they left little choice too, either build your entire backend at other providers, or watch it go down. The costs compared to returns will prolly make lots of investors on those titles facepalm :D

Sparks will reinvent themselves as an AWS provider with an apparent and long downtime. Don't know the financial specifics, too little customers, got bought, aging platform, whatnot? In a sense this is a good thing because AWS doesn't "age", so new titles could gain much longer support periods. But it'll definitely hurt legacy gamers, namely subbers to this thread.

18 minutes ago, ars said:

Just for discussion, I do not believe Genshin Impact would have unachievable trophies in the near future. It's highly successful making literally billions, with full cross-play. Trophies are also directly tied to popping in-game achievements so little chance of broken counters on the OS side. Unless there's nothing better to do why keep recommend adding and removing this between patches.

GameSparks is a little different. I doubt any titles will survive through their restructure, even WH40K: Inquisitor - Martyr is over four years old. I'm just going by Sparks' official announcements but they left little choice too, either build your entire backend at other providers, or watch it go down. The costs compared to returns will prolly make lots of investors on those titles facepalm :D

Sparks will reinvent themselves as an AWS provider with an apparent and long downtime. Don't know the financial specifics, too little customers, got bought, ageing platform, whatnot? In a sense this is a good thing because AWS doesn't "age", so new titles could gain much longer support periods. But it'll definitely hurt legacy gamers, namely subbers to this thread.

Genshin Impact currently has 1 unobtainable DLC trophy, which is this one: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/11501-genshin-impact/44-inazuma-divine-roots but it will become obtainable sometime in the next month, once the Sakura level cap has been raised to the required level. Once that happens, I'll be only too happy to take it off the list :). As for the Game Sparks situation, I really hope at least 1 game will be salvaged so more trophies don't bite the dust :(.

3 minutes ago, Terminator said:

As for the Game Sparks situation, I really hope at least 1 game will be salvaged so more trophies don't bite the dust :(.

The one chance of this requires BIGBEN to hire a new backend provider, and finance a team which will recode a bunch of the online services to fit it. So, uh, good luck with that I guess :p

17 hours ago, ars said:

The one chance of this requires BIGBEN to hire a new backend provider, and finance a team which will recode a bunch of the online services to fit it. So, uh, good luck with that I guess :p

There's hope for Inquisitor - Martyr, because the server closure question was broached on the official forums and someone speaking for the devs, confirmed the servers aren't closing but there is a chance they will be migrated to new ones :)https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/server-closure

EDIT: Plague Inc: Evolved is now on the list (again) because the latest patch has broken the Scenario Master trophy (again) :(.

Edited by Terminator
Update.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terminator said:

There's hope for Inquisitor - Martyr, because the server closure question was broached on the official forums and someone speaking for the devs, confirmed the servers aren't closing but there is a chance they will be migrated to new ones :)https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/server-closure

Yeah talk about a definite stance on nothing strange happening. Let's hope they know what they're talking about, because if they are Martyr should be in a very good place after all :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Terminator said:

EDIT: Plague Inc: Evolved is now on the list (again) because the latest patch has broken the Scenario Master trophy (again) :(.

Dammit!

Hey, I wanted to confirm that LBP3 is back online and the platinum is obtainable again? I came across this great news on Screen Rant, which read, "There is however a comforting prospect to the update, LittleBigPlanet 3's online functionalities on the Playstation 4 are fully returning via a new patch going out today. This allows players to once more have access to millions of community levels, including ones from the previous Playstation 3 titles, along with being able to create and share again.

However, I don't trust Screen Rant as much as this thread.

http://screenrant.com/little-big-planet-servers-shut-down-hack/

20 hours ago, a3069namebke said:

It looks like Rock Band 2 is unobtainable according to a thread on PSNProfiles

I'm keeping an eye on that one but it's not looking good :(.

3 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Dammit!

Hey, I wanted to confirm that LBP3 is back online and the platinum is obtainable again? I came across this great news on Screen Rant, which read, "There is however a comforting prospect to the update, LittleBigPlanet 3's online functionalities on the Playstation 4 are fully returning via a new patch going out today. This allows players to once more have access to millions of community levels, including ones from the previous Playstation 3 titles, along with being able to create and share again.

However, I don't trust Screen Rant as much as this thread.

http://screenrant.com/little-big-planet-servers-shut-down-hack/

1: You can still Plat Plague inc. but you have to use the Proxy Server trick to do it.

2: The PS4 version of LBP 3 was restored a month or so back but all the other affected entries are now extinct :(.

15 hours ago, Terminator said:

I'm keeping an eye on that one but it's not looking good :(.

1: You can still Plat Plague inc. but you have to use the Proxy Server trick to do it.

2: The PS4 version of LBP 3 was restored a month or so back but all the other affected entries are now extinct :(.

Damn. Does this mean Sackboy's Prehistoric Move on PS3 is also extinct? Nooooo!

16 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Damn. Does this mean Sackboy's Prehistoric Move on PS3 is also extinct? Nooooo!

No, that one never had any online trophies to my knowledge :think:.

UPDATE:

Both stacks of One Last Memory are now on the list :(.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

I don't see Synergia on the Vita list. Sony announced that no new patches were being released for Vita games after July. Does that mean Synergia is now unobtainable? Trophy guides tell the player to make sure they are updated to the latest patch which fixes trophy issues. However, both my Vita and PlayStation TV absolutely refuse to update the game beyond 1.00 and with this version, two trophies plus the platinum are unobtainable. :(

Edited by ReikonSaisei

6 hours ago, ReikonSaisei said:

I don't see Synergia on the Vita list. Sony announced that no new patches were being released for Vita games after July. Does that mean Synergia is now unobtainable? Trophy guides tell the player to make sure they are updated to the latest patch which fixes trophy issues. However, both my Vita and PlayStation TV absolutely refuse to update the game beyond 1.00 and with this version, two trophies plus the platinum are unobtainable. :(

I'll look into that ASAP and see what needs adding. EDIT: I've just looked on PSNP and both Vita stacks have 84%+ attainment rates and on PSN they're over 85% so those trophies might be glitchy rather than outright unobtainable or the stacks could be pre-patched.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

UPDATE:

Battlefield 2042 is now on the list but rumour has it that a patch is imminent. Also, Astria Ascending might be coming off the list soon because a patch was released a day or 2 back that supposedly fixes all the broken trophies but so far it hasn't been confirmed.

15 hours ago, DPatriot said:

I'll get that added in a bit :(.

EDIT 1: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is losing the Pawn Community next January :(:

Thank you for your continued support of Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY.

We would like to inform you that Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY Service will be terminated on January 31, 2022. We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your patronage.

Discontinued Service
"Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY"
https://game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/

Service End Date
January 31, 2022 (Monday) 15:00

Impact on user due to service termination
After 3:00 p.m. (JST) on Monday, January 31, 2022, Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY will be discontinued and the site will be closed, and all Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY content will no longer be accessible.
* Although the functions of "Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY" will be discontinued, this termination will not make any impact on the in-game functions such as Pawn rental.
If you want to save screenshots, please do so before the termination of the service, as they will be deleted after the termination of the service.

Handling of Personal Information
All registered personal information will be responsibly deleted after the service is terminated in accordance with the privacy policy of Capcom Co., Ltd.

Contact regarding this Notice
CAPCOM ID Support
URL:https://cid.capcom.com/en/support/inquiry/input/

No trophies are directly affected but the game will be harder without being able to rent a high level pawn from a friend :(.

EDIT 2: The Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind DLC is now off the list :).

Edited by Terminator
Update.