The Walking Dead: World Beyond (Spinoff TV Series)

There's another Spin-Off The Walking Dead series coming in 2020. This series will feature two young female protagonists. "On the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad."

This makes it the third TWD TV Series

AMC launching a third Walking Dead series for 2020

I forgot to mention the Showrunner is Matt Negrete. He's one of the writers of the Main Series.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Putting the Over/Under at S2 finale: These girls will hook up. Place your bets.

This synopsis does seem like an interesting take on the universe. Question is, whether it can hold the viewer's attention. I still haven't watched Fear past S1, even though I hear it got much better and a character I couldn't stand died. Should probs get on that. If only it were on Netflix.

Between all 3 shows we'll basically have an episode every week of the year almost, assuming of course both the current shows survive after their next seasons which is a big if in TWD's case at least.

I'll give this a watch to see what it's like but it's not something I think is needed and it doesn't make much sense for AMC to continue to invest in a dying franchise but maybe it'll be good, who knows?

There's another Spin-Off The Walking Dead series coming in 2020. This series will feature two young female protagonists. "On the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad."

Yeah... if there's one thing TWD has proven over the years, it's that they don't write compelling child characters. When, exactly, have people ever clamored for more bits with Judith, Carl, Lizzie, Mika, Sam, Ron, Enid, Henry, Duane, and the seemingless endless pile of turd kids from Alexandria, Hilltop, and Kingdom?

The showrunners really look back at their run and say... "You know what this series needs? Kids to be the main characters."

What about this is new or innovative? With the time skip, we're already seeing precisely this with Judith. As far as being "an unknown pocket of the post-apocalyptic world" - every single new character or community fits that description. Nothing mentioned in that synopsis represents anything original or as-of-yet unexplored. This is just a cash grab against an audience that will apparently literally eat anything. Why one new series? Why not 12? Why not a Walking Dead spin-off for each month of the year? :think:

As well, how can the show description say that they are "changed forever" by the apocalypse? If they were born in it and grew up in it, then they weren't changed by it. It is their only frame of reference.

Judith is still a kid yes, but will she stay that age forever? I doubt it with Michonne leaving Season 10. There could easily be another time skip. Making Judith older perhaps an adult or mid to late teens.

This show might take place after that time skip if so. The timelines have been staying close together across them all.

Fear The Walking Dead Season 5, for example, starts somewhere between "Wrath (Season 8) and "A New Beginning (Season 9)".

We'll have a better idea where this one takes place once FTWD Season 5 and TWD Season 10 ends.

This makes it the third TWD TV Series

AMC launching a third Walking Dead series for 2020

I forgot to mention the Showrunner is Matt Negrete. He's one of the writers of the Main Series.

giphy.gif

Oooooooo thanks for the thread, i hadnt heard :)

of course i love my female protagonists, and i am and probably always will be a zombie-obsessive/zombiephie/whatever you wanna call it lol so i will 100% be tuning into this :D:dance:

• 2 months later...
I don't either and I don't know why they only revealed 1 female when there's supposed to be two. :think:

To be honest, Merle was the only one I'd recognized from the original show and Daniel was the only one I'd recognized from the other show. This franchise is definitely good at picking lesser known actors and actresses for their shows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't even know if I'm going to watch this one, Fear has gotten so bad that lately I haven't watched new episodes until several days after they aired. The original show redeemed itself some in Season 9 but let's face it, there's not much original source material left for them to use so it's got maybe 2-3 more seasons tops. Oh well, at least the comic book still rocks.

It amazes me how they can get away with now THREE different shows that are all about the same damn thing. Imagine if whilst Breaking Bad was airing they had another show called Breaking Badder about a meth-dealing teacher named Wyatt Whistler dying from ebola in Montana. OMG, so uniiiiiiiiiique.

It amazes me how they can get away with now THREE different shows that are all about the same damn thing. Imagine if whilst Breaking Bad was airing they had another show called Breaking Badder about a meth-dealing teacher named Wyatt Whistler dying from ebola in Montana. OMG, so uniiiiiiiiiique.

TWD is a huge money spinner for AMC. I read somewhere that between the main show and FTWD, AMC brings in something like $1B per year. I don't know how accurate that is but it seems possible. And even after the huge drop off in viewers the show is still one of, if not THE most watched shows in all of the most important demographics. As much as we tend to shit on the shows, especially in the past few seasons, AMC doesn't care with those kind of stats. Hence they will keep milking it to death which is why we're seeing a third show, movies etc. Most of us seem to think that they should have ended things long ago (at least the main show) but they are sadly expanding it and ramping things up, not slowing down. AMC in general have gone to the dogs in terms of quality programming. They seem intent on franchising everything to death which is why there are persistent rumours of Breaking Bad movies etc. If they even think of tarnishing BB's legacy in the same vein as TWD that will be the last straw.

• 1 month later...

Sooo...they drop a trailer before even having an official name for the show? Thats....new.

I was KINDA on board until the very end of the trailer. That shit was so cringe. I don't have much faith in this, nor any kind of hype to watch it. I haven't even watched Fear The Walking Dead since season 1 ended. Other than the Rick movies...I'm not interested in more TWD side content.

Sooo...they drop a trailer before even having an official name for the show? Thats....new.

I was thinking the same thing. They must be really stuck at thinking of one, I mean Fear The Walking Dead is still a stupid name years later, can't imagine what they would call ANOTHER show. Beware The Walking Dead?...

Besides the name or lack of, I don't understand the premise of this show. I mean there are already teens in TWD, in roughly the same time period. We get to see what it's like growing up in the apocalypse, yet that seems to be the entire underpinning of this show. It's nothing new whatsoever so why the fuck would they expect anyone to be interested? I have a feeling this is going to bomb so hard, even by TWD standards.