Platinum Difficulty Rating

Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i.imgur.com/qh2g7UB.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

My philosophy is that if you need to consult a guide, at any point, it can't be a 1. Though I suppose that philosophy developed after Wolf Among Us :think: I still stand by it! :p Every Telltale game prior to this has been a 1 for me. By comparison, this game is far tougher than any other Telltale game. I was 99% sure I gave TWAU a 2 because of that philosophy, so I was originally going to give this a 3 to stay consistent. But now that I see I gave it a 1, I suppose I'll give this a 2. A 2 feels right.

There are missables, collectables, either/or choice trophies, and some that require you to make a specific choice at one point, but not get the trophy until later in the episode. You'll have to create save points or you'll otherwise need to start the entire episode from the beginning (no section select). It's a game that requires some foresight if you want the smoothest road to platinum. Though that may take you out of the experience. Some annoying trophies, mostly in episode one. Unless you get them first try, you'll sit through unskippable dialog, which will make failing even more frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm giving it a 4 because I had to play certain sections at least 4X for the trophies. Springing all 4 traps successfully (when you first arrive at Ericson Academy) was a pain, and the section (avoiding spoilers) where you have to press :square: to hide behind a certain type of moving cover was frustrating because the game doesn't tell you where to go! I eventually found out I needed to go to the right (not left).

Without a guide, this game would have been an 8. I would not have had a clue where to look for certain collectables.

It was well worth the time to play this game. Excellent story, one of the best I've ever played.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I voted this a 2 because of the missable trophies and having died a few times in the action sequences.  The collectibles also add to the difficulty.  I wish that they wouldn't have added those as it can detract from the experience, IMO, especially if you are following a guide it can lead to spoilers the first time through.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...