Total number of DLC Challenge Tombs Increased to 8?

h2h81

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but when I was going through the latest DLC last Friday I saw in the DLC Challenge Tombs menu that there's now an extra slot for an upcoming challenge tomb. That threw me off a bit.

The latest DLC was number 6, and it was supposed to end at number 7. For some reason the seventh is Season Pass exclusive, which I'm sure they're hoping will trip up people who don't look at fine print, but with the number of DLC in this game it doesn't make a ton of sense to buy the individual DLC anyway.

But as of the update to add support for Grain Caiman, there are now 8 total slots, not 7. I'm not sure what's going on here. It could be that they're extending this by an extra DLC, or maybe the last DLC will consist of 2 Challenge Tombs (both for Season pass, or 1 Season Pass exclusive and 1 paid). Or they might be adding an option to do a Random Challenge Tomb and it will just take up that slot. Or it could be something I haven't thought of.

With a lot of these theories, they could screw us, given the terms of the Season Pass, by having whatever's going to take up brand new Slot Number 8 be outside the terms of the Season Pass, meaning we give SE more money. I hear they like money.

Edited by h2h81

I have no idea. But I'm convinced Square Enix will try and screw us over any way they can.

I hope the 8th DLC isn't separate from the season pass or Croft Edition purchase.

At this point I'm half-convinced that their CEO, Matsuda, pretty much looks exactly like your avatar and only dons human skin for photo shoots and public appearances.

Thought the same when I looked at the COMING SOON placeholder. But I am pretty sure they will sort this out and definitely won't charge additionally for the rest. I mean when ever have they done that in the past?!

I have the croft edition.

I can't actually tell if you're being sarcastic, in which case bravo, or if you missed that they've done this twice now that I can recall for Final Fantasy XV and were planning on doing even more until the last few DLC of the second season pass were canceled.

So it wound up just being the Royal Edition Upgrade (with trophies and not included with Season Pass) and Episode Ardyn (also with trophies, not included with the Season Pass OR the Royal Edition unlike the other Espiodes). But again, after originally planning to do this 2 more times, or have us pay for a Second Season Pass, it could have been worse. As is it was maybe $15 or $20 for the Upgrade then $10 for the non-Season Pass DLC.

They did something similar with World of Final Fantasy but at least for PS4 no trophies were added although oddly they did add new achievements for both PC and Xbox.

So, again, can't tell if you're being sarcastic here. But if you're NOT, Squeenix has most definitely done this before. Quite recently.

Im pretty sure it's just the additional deluxe extra stuff & not actual content DLC that is missing off the passes. So there should be NO trophies.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but hopefully. Wasn't all the Deluxe Edition content released and added to the game already?

Edited by h2h81
Unsure how to multiquote so doing it after the fact

Trophies for 7th dlc “The Path Home” love on psn

I’m also hoping this is last dlc with trophies so I can delete this shit

FINALLY I trophy/dlc connected to all others released before that. Love it! :applause: Proud croft-edition owner.

(B) Seasoned Pro - Complete all 7 downloadable content missions and receive...

FINALLY I trophy/dlc connected to all others released before that. Love it! :applause: Proud croft-edition owner.

(B) Seasoned Pro - Complete all 7 downloadable content missions and receive...

Saw an article somewhere on the internet which said it was due out on the 23rd.

can you play the all the dlc without playing the main game i finished the story awhile back but i deleted my save file didnt think i would play this again

You could probably play the two challenge tomb trophies without a back up from the challenge tomb menu. But it wouldn’t do you a lot of good because you almost certainly wouldn’t be able to get the other 3 which are mission related and require you to have reached certain points in the main game.

Nb maybe check the ‘load’ section of the main game. It’s possible you may have a save file there.

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit/multi-quote button instead of multi-posting.

Trophies for 7th dlc “The Path Home” love on psn

I’m also hoping this is last dlc with trophies so I can delete this shit

Haha, I have the same thoughts as you. I'ma Croft edition owner as well. I think my mind just compares this game to the latest Uncharted and I'm spoiled by that game. I also feel happy that this current TR is ending and hope we will get a different reboot at a later stage with different gameplay mechanics. I did like Camilla Luddington as the actress. I also felt that the first game in this series was much superior and the other two were rehashes.

Where did you hear that? Just curious.

They've been saying that since around the time the separate editions were first announced. Let me see if I can dig up a link.

In the meantime - this multiquote thing eludes me - for whoever asked if you could do the DLC without doing the story, some of the trophies require you to do in-game quests which require you to be at certain points in the story. The hidden trophies are all quest-related, and some of the rewards you need for wearing outfits and equipping weapons at the same time. You can get 3 out of 5 trophies apiece per DLC outside of the story (finish the tomb, score attack and time attack).

Just today noticed the new trophy for "beat all 7 downloadable quests". Hopefully that means the extra placeholder for number 8 means nothing, or is for something like "random tomb" like I was first hoping. But since the quests are in game, this wouldn't prevent them from having number 8 be tomb-only, instead of tomb plus quest like the other DLC. This game feels like bloat-ware at this point.

Okay, here's a link MrBeens. It's in the store description:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA10938_00-SEASON0000000000

"7 challenge tombs

7 weapons, outfits, and skills

Multiple narrative side missions

1 of each of the above will be exclusive to the Season Pass"

Okay, here's a link MrBeens. It's in the store description:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA10938_00-SEASON0000000000

"7 challenge tombs

7 weapons, outfits, and skills

Multiple narrative side missions

1 of each of the above will be exclusive to the Season Pass"

Ah ok. That certainly does suck if someone already bought all of the others separately and now needs to re-buy them in the season pass, although if it's been advertised that way from the beginning, then they only really have themselves to blame.

If it's any consolation the season pass is on sale for 40% off right now.

To use the Multi-Quote feature, just click the "Multi "Off"" button on each applicable post - then press the "Quote" button on any of them to generate the quotes :).

Thanks for the help, but I'm not actually seeing a Multi Off button. I'm going to chalk it up to me being old and not as able as I used to be say 20 years ago. I can use a mouse but it's usually someone else doing my typing for me - long story. Either way it looks like cut and paste (after hitting quote) works just as well. Should have thought of that before.

Ah ok. That certainly does suck if someone already bought all of the others separately and now needs to re-buy them in the season pass, although if it's been advertised that way from the beginning, then they only really have themselves to blame.

If it's any consolation the season pass is on sale for 40% off right now.

I agree to an extent, but there's also a big disconnect between spoken English and, for lack of a better term, fine print English. What's plain as day to one person is not to someone else, PLUS for that very reason, PLUS time time time, a lot of people will never read more than they absolutely have to. And companies rely on this.

You're a smart guy - we've gone back and forth on some other things going back to when I first became truly active on these forums - and you have had the patience to read my longer posts, but I think you know that regardless of how smart they are a lot of people just don't have the time and patience to read something boring, not even something like a Season Pass description.

You may or may not remember I'm an attorney. A lot of "legalese" (this language hardly qualifies as that, but is somewhere between legalese and conversational English) is deliberately designed to either confuse people, or for it to escape their notice precisely because people aren't going to read it.

Take that term "spoken English", for example. My natural instincts, just the way I normally write, would have been to say vernacular English. I caught myself and put in spoken, or maybe "everyday English" would work, because I've taken enough flak on these forums for trying to sound this or that when I'm not trying anything, I just write the way I write because that's how I was trained (and now I write another way on the internet or at least am trying to). I am positive people would know what vernacular means, but if they saw it they would stop reading for the same reason they would stop reading the contents of a Season Pass once the narrative part of it is over. Or, a ton of people aren't going to read this simply because it's a lot longer than the average post.

Companies know this; the people who draft this language for them know this; and the lawyers who approve of this language know this. And they use it to their advantage. I was a defense attorney, so I'm approaching this from the angle of knowing how they think, not a plaintiff's attorney who would just assume the worst.

Or in short: They were counting on a lot of people not reading the Season Pass's description. And while legal (in the jurisdictions where I've practiced), to me that's morally reprehensible. At least in this case it's for something cheap and optional. And yes, thanks for pointing out the Pass is on sale - I saw that the other day and was thinking the same.

wall of text

You are certainly right that companies specifically target players that don't read the fine print. Squeeze every penny out of them. It has happened to me a couple times and I now read the fine print so it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. Square-Enix famously did it with Final Fantasy XV. Ugh!

If I am buying a game that I expect to have DLC or I know will have DLC I read that fine print and make sure the season pass or special edition covers all of the DLC. I don't want to spend an extra $5-25 here and there for a game to complete it. Prefer to purchase it in one go as that is the most cost-effective strategy.

I believe the Croft Edition covers everything, but these days with Square-Enix I am never certain.

Edited by devaster

You are certainly right that companies specifically target players that don't read the fine print. Squeeze every penny out of them. It has happened to me a couple times and I now read the fine print so it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. Square-Enix famously did it with Final Fantasy XV. Ugh!

If I am buying a game that I expect to have DLC or I know will have DLC I read that fine print and make sure the season pass or special edition covers all of the DLC. I don't want to spend an extra $5-25 here and there for a game to complete it. Prefer to purchase it in one go as that is the most cost-effective strategy.

I believe the Croft Edition covers everything, but these days with Square-Enix I am never certain.

The worst though, is when you do purchase a season pass and realize that all the DLC doesn't come with it, ie. some skins or guns left out. That's happened to me for several games already, in fact I think SotTR is one of them, I remember some outfits not coming with the season pass. Watch Dogs 2 is also a culprit. It's why I rarely get season passes and only on sale.

I agree to an extent, but there's also a big disconnect between spoken English and, for lack of a better term, fine print English. What's plain as day to one person is not to someone else, PLUS for that very reason, PLUS time time time, a lot of people will never read more than they absolutely have to. And companies rely on this.

You're a smart guy - we've gone back and forth on some other things going back to when I first became truly active on these forums - and you have had the patience to read my longer posts, but I think you know that regardless of how smart they are a lot of people just don't have the time and patience to read something boring, not even something like a Season Pass description.

You may or may not remember I'm an attorney. A lot of "legalese" (this language hardly qualifies as that, but is somewhere between legalese and conversational English) is deliberately designed to either confuse people, or for it to escape their notice precisely because people aren't going to read it.

Take that term "spoken English", for example. My natural instincts, just the way I normally write, would have been to say vernacular English. I caught myself and put in spoken, or maybe "everyday English" would work, because I've taken enough flak on these forums for trying to sound this or that when I'm not trying anything, I just write the way I write because that's how I was trained (and now I write another way on the internet or at least am trying to). I am positive people would know what vernacular means, but if they saw it they would stop reading for the same reason they would stop reading the contents of a Season Pass once the narrative part of it is over. Or, a ton of people aren't going to read this simply because it's a lot longer than the average post.

Companies know this; the people who draft this language for them know this; and the lawyers who approve of this language know this. And they use it to their advantage. I was a defense attorney, so I'm approaching this from the angle of knowing how they think, not a plaintiff's attorney who would just assume the worst.

Or in short: They were counting on a lot of people not reading the Season Pass's description. And while legal (in the jurisdictions where I've practiced), to me that's morally reprehensible. At least in this case it's for something cheap and optional. And yes, thanks for pointing out the Pass is on sale - I saw that the other day and was thinking the same.

Yep, makes sense, and I am the perfect example. I bought the season pass, but still didn't know that anything would be exclusive to it.

One of the things you have to learn about the games industry now, sadly. Always read the fine print!

Ironically it used to be the opposite. I would regularly avoid season passes because they used to include all kinds of extra cosmetic stuff I wasn't interested in and be more expensive than just buying only the good bits. Now it's flip flopped.