How to get the Platinum in 2 playthroughs

Well, I'm doing my NG+ run, but I have the Platinum requirements figured out.

There are 3 things that you need to keep in mind:

- You need the 4 endings

- You need to beat all the bosses, including the bosses linked to the endings, on a same save

- and you need 10 (11?) lapis lazuli to upgrade your arms, and you can only get 6 max per playthrough. Note that you can get those 6 lapis IF and only IF you are NOT doing the Shura ending (because you need to access the last area of the game, which is locked if you go for the Shura ending)

The Shura ending is the 'bad' ending.

There are two 'no return' points in the game:

- When you talk to Owl on the rooftop and you need to choose whereas you want to betray Kuro or not

- and the Divine Dragon fight (once you kill it, you won't be able to complete the requirements for the Purification and the Return endings if you didn't do them before)

With that in mind, here what you need to do:

- 1st playthrough : Choose to keep your promise to Kuro, do the requirements for the Return and the Purification endings (BEFORE you kill the Divine Dragon, which is the last boss of the Fountainhead Palace). Do all the minibosses to max out your health. Search for all the seeds and the carp scales. Get the 6 lapis lazuli (which means killing the Demon of Hatred...). Kill the Saint Sword Isshin (last boss of the game), and BACK UP YOUR SAVE RIGHT AFTER THE FIGHT AND BEFORE SPEAKING TO KURO. Now you can choose an ending, download your backup save, and repeat for the other endings. You should have the 3 endings (Purification, Severance and Return)

- 2nd playthrough : Back up your save BEFORE speaking to Owl on the roof. Choose to betray Kuro. Do the Shura ending (you should have the All Bosses trophy too). Then reload your back up save and choose to protect Kuro, so you can access Fountainhead Palace and get the last lapis lazuli that you need.

Hope it'll help you :)

Edited by dizayeure

Do you know if the skill you get from the final boss in the Shura ending counts for the trophy? and if yes so that means we also need to get ALL skills before doing Shura on NG+?

Only the purchasable skills from the five books count toward this trophy. Also, if you are planning on getting all trophies in two playthroughs, you'll want to back-up your save before getting the Shuro ending, then reload it once you've done that. Reason being is because you need 10 Lapis Lazuli to get the prosthetic upgrade trophy, and only six are possible in a single playthrough (they are not farmable).

Well, I'm doing my NG+ run, but I have the Platinum requirements figured out.

There are 3 things that you need to keep in mind:

- You need the 4 endings

- You need to beat all the bosses, including the bosses linked to the endings, on a same save

- and you need 10 (11?) lapis lazuli to upgrade your arms, and you can only get 6 max per playthrough. Note that you can get those 6 lapis IF and only IF you are NOT doing the Shura ending (because you need to access the last area of the game, which is locked if you go for the Shura ending)

The Shura ending is the 'bad' ending.

There are two 'no return' points in the game:

- When you talk to Owl on the rooftop and you need to choose whereas you want to betray Kuro or not

- and the Divine Dragon fight (once you kill it, you won't be able to complete the requirements for the Purification and the Return endings if you didn't do them before)

With that in mind, here what you need to do:

- 1st playthrough : Choose to keep your promise to Kuro, do the requirements for the Return and the Purification endings (BEFORE you kill the Divine Dragon, which is the last boss of the Fountainhead Palace). Do all the minibosses to max out your health. Search for all the seeds and the carp scales. Get the 6 lapis lazuli (which means killing the Demon of Hatred...). Kill the Saint Sword Isshin (last boss of the game), and BACK UP YOUR SAVE RIGHT AFTER THE FIGHT AND BEFORE SPEAKING TO KURO. Now you can choose an ending, download your backup save, and repeat for the other endings. You should have the 3 endings (Purification, Severance and Return)

- 2nd playthrough : Back up your save BEFORE speaking to Owl on the roof. Choose to betray Kuro. Do the Shura ending (you should have the All Bosses trophy too). Then reload your back up save and choose to protect Kuro, so you can access Fountainhead Palace and get the last lapis lazuli that you need.

Hope it'll help you :)

Regarding the back up after Saint Sword Isshin, should I quit the game after winning the fight then backup or do I have to get to an Idol, quit then backup? Thanks!

Gage touched on it, but you want to save and quit in the menu (far right). I do not think you can go back to an idol in between beating the final boss and talking to Kuro, which is where you want your backup save to be.

FYI: you actually can leave Kuro hanging and return to an idol or do whatever else you like, then come back and trigger the ending dialogue with him anytime!

I left the area to go stock up on divine confettis after beating Sword Saint, then came back to find Kuro still lying on the ground waiting for me.

Hello. If i beat the Divine Dragon can I still go beat Owl Father or will be locked out? I am using the Powerpyx method for 3 endings but I want as much attack power as possible for Owl father.

Only if you did the questline and got the father's charm (that allows you to travel to Hirata Estate 2.0). I saved Father Owl for the very last thing I did in the game, but I made sure to get to him first.

That is good news... I was thinking, being a memory, it wouldn't be affected by the changes, but was going to try it out when I got there. Nice to know it does work that way.

I can't confirm it but based on the guides like Powerpyx, you only need to get the charm before beating Divine Dragon. I went to the estate and fought my way to Owl's shrine just in case.

I can't confirm it but based on the guides like Powerpyx, you only need to get the charm before beating Divine Dragon. I went to the estate and fought my way to Owl's shrine just in case.

Yeah, I did the same...got to the idol and decided I didn't want to bang my head against the wall yet. Going to Fountainhead still let me access him, so it's probably just the castle areas and NPCs quest stages that change after the dragon. A memory shouldn't, so long as you can get there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...